yeah there is but it's not really very thorough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Youngey4)
    Ayyyy I got 52W
    wait isnt it 260/4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    wait isnt it 260/4?

No you worked out the power then could divide or multiply it by 12, depends on the way they did it, but 52w is right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goldenusername)
    I guessed brass for the pins, is that right??

Yes brass is right. I put aluminium, which is also a good inductor. I dunno if tahts right.

ReputationRep:
    The boundaries better be lower than last year for both P2 and P3, both were harder than the papers last year so i hope the boundaries will be around 40 to 44 for an A* , should not be higher in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferg.)
    Do you remember the values given for this question to work out the answer
    Just by reading off the graph I used 80N for force and the extension at this force was 0.2m. So K = F/e = 80/0.2 = 400
    You could have used any force and just have read off the graph to work out the constant 😁
    Then using 400 as the constant multiply by 0.25 to get the force of 1 spring which was 100Nm then times by 3 to get total force = 300N

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex5674)
    Chin up question was 52w

260 J / 5 seconds
    omg yessss everyone was saying a completely different answer 🎉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HurtfulHarold)
    This exam was honestly depressing. It didn't help that I got over confident and thought I could semi wing it.
    haha same! Thought the hour of revision the night before was enough. Honestly, if it wasn't for all those mind blowing calculations, I think I might've done alright....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FNPC)
    Yes brass is right. I put aluminium, which is also a good inductor. I dunno if tahts right.
    I put metal
    I'm too smart for this life.

ReputationRep:
    for the brown dwarf question i think you were supposed to right about technological improvements/telescopes? but i made up some rubbish saying something like 'improvements in satellites with better cameras that can travel further to see the brown dwarfs"..... could i get a mark for this lol? i doubt it

ReputationRep:
    B1- 43 marks
    C1- 35 marks
    P1 - 37 marks

B2 - 36 marks
    C2 - 38 marks
    P2 - 34 marks

Any help for what these may be equal to? 😬😬

ReputationRep:
    hey guys, actually filling in a markscheme here if anyone wants to help?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171902

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gmus)
    i think it was 'how does current affect the wire" i just said it makes it heat up.... ?
    me too

ReputationRep:
    I KNOW THIS WAS IN P3, BUT I CAN'T FIND A P3 FORUM.
    Finding the critical angle question, did it ask for the answer to two decimal places or two significant figures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kad126)
    Question 1
    1. What was the mistake?
    Resolution was too large (1)
    2. 0.01 (2 d.p) (1)
    3. To see a clear pattern (1)
    4. Timed after (1)
    5. The terminal velocity is higher meaning the drag is lower (use data) (3)
    Drag is higher reaches a second terminal velocity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferg.)
    Finding the critical angle question, did it ask for the answer to two decimal places or two significant figures?
    I read 2dp but apparently it was 2sf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ferg.)
    The P2 Mark schemes are: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171131http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171902The P3 Mark scheme is: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4171127

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mahrez)
    I read 2dp but apparently it was 2sf
    Me too, I got 41.81 or something.

ReputationRep:
    draw the ammeter and calculate the P.D. through the resistors

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anygy)
    haha same! Thought the hour of revision the night before was enough. Honestly, if it wasn't for all those mind blowing calculations, I think I might've done alright....
    The grade boundaries will surely go down so you probably did better than you think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.