Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSlayerr)
    I wrote 16/-rt1/25.
    How many marks will I lose for not getting -80?
    If I remember correctly it was out of 4. So it would have been a mark for working out x, a mark for working out y, possibly one for writing down 16/-0.2 and then one for the answer of -80. So my guess if you got x correct is one mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayyyThornton)
    If I remember correctly it was out of 4. So it would have been a mark for working out x, a mark for working out y, possibly one for writing down 16/-0.2 and then one for the answer of -80. So my guess if you got x correct is one mark.
    This I did everything correctly. Phew it's only one mark

ReputationRep:
    I got cos theta equals -5/6 for the third last question (the one about finding cos theta from sin ( sqrt(11) / 6 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ishan_2000)
    Integer values for x^2 - 20x + 96 < 0

So, (x - 8)(x - 12) < 0
    Thanks

Can people remember how many marks that one was? I think I only got to the (x-8)(x-12) stage

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone get for the rationalising the denominator question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayyyThornton)
    Currently looking like I may get that A* distinction that has been so elusive. Looks like A/A* core maths, and if the FM calculator paper is the same difficulty, that A* distinction
    since we are kind of in the same boat, do u think that a highly selective sixthform would still accept you if you got an A for core maths and A*/A^ for fmaths??? Cause i completly screwed the core non calc paper up, and there is no chance I'll get an A* for that.

ReputationRep:
    predicted grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    Hey u know for the trig question i wrote 3/5, would i lose 1 mark, i showed my working..?
    I think I put 3/5 for one of the questions too but I can't remember what question it was

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by penelopecrux)
    U know for the x/y question, i got 80, would i lose a mark? and for the trig identity i didn't do negatives for both :/
    You will probably only lose 1 mark for putting 80 because all you didn't do was recognise that y<0

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Examscanyounot)
    You will probably only lose 1 mark for putting 80 because all you didn't do was recognise that y<0
    and also the 3/5 trig question right? that means i would lose like 2 marks throughout the whole paper i hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clorenzoni5)
    We literally got the same answers for everything! omg that makes me sooo happy, it means i didnt completely screw that test over.
    Good to hear! I couldn't answer the last question and one other question literally my workings were invaluable for them so hopefully I've just got an A*. I realised I made mistakes for others too so I think I've got 58 roughly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clorenzoni5)
    since we are kind of in the same boat, do u think that a highly selective sixthform would still accept you if you got an A for core maths and A*/A^ for fmaths??? Cause i completly screwed the core non calc paper up, and there is no chance I'll get an A* for that.
    Same as me mate, think I have the same position as you. I also need great results for my college but I fluffed the calc paper.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.