The Student Room Group

OCR Gateway Physics B - P4 P5 P6 - Unofficial Mark Scheme

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
For question 8b) would it not be diffraction and the overlapping of waves since they did not specify which interference (destructive/constructive)?

I'm not sure about that question as a whole as it's not on the specification at all :frown: but I looked on line and it seems to say that they need the same wavelength and the source needs to be coherent :smile: but I need to change the answer a bit

Original post by xxKristenxx
For the p6 six marker isn't it about the fact that the LDR was positioned in the R2 position which means instead of resistance decreasing with light intensity, the resistance instead decreases when it gets darker?

Well, the resistance of LDRs increases when it gets darker, and so it would get a larger share of the input voltage (due to it being in a potential divider) I think - I don't think the property of how the resistance changes can be changed :smile:

Original post by Chittesh14
What was the question to the answer 1200 J, do you remember the exact question or information given? I'm so stupid, got confused with Belgium and gave larger population answer because I thought it said Belgium produce more electricity, idk wtf is wrong with me.

I'll add the detail to the question :smile:
For the question on transformers (part b) i think) i put C,D because one was step-up transformer, not step-down
and for D i wrote that the output voltage was lower than the one in the table. Would i get any marks since i didn't write about D,E ? I can't even remember having seen an E transformer....?
Original post by CandC
You literally deserve an award for doing all these unofficial mark schemes and doing them so perfectly as well 😂 Maybe next year you can do more for A level ahah

Haha thanks so much ! :smile:
Original post by Roberta☆
For the question on transformers (part b) i think) i put C,D because one was step-up transformer, not step-down
and for D i wrote that the output voltage was lower than the one in the table. Would i get any marks since i didn't write about D,E ? I can't even remember having seen an E transformer....?

I think you'd definitely get the first mark, and you might get the second mark :smile:
Original post by Roberta☆

I don't think there was an E transformer, and the answer was C and D (with explanations for each to get the two marks) :smile:
Original post by some-student
I think you'd definitely get the first mark, and you might get the second mark :smile:

Thank you for such a quick answer!
does anyone know how much the coursework counts towards your final grade for Physics/Chemistry/Biology? Im worried since i did quite badly on this test :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by l.iqteder
does anyone know how much the coursework counts towards your final grade for Physics/Chemistry/Biology? Im worried since i did quite badly on this test :/

Well the course is split into 3 components, and the coursework: is 100 UMS (25%). This exam is 160 UMS (40%) and the first exam is 140 UMS (35%).

This link may help: http://www.ocr.org.uk/i-want-to/convert-raw-marks-to-ums :smile:
Original post by l.iqteder
does anyone know how much the coursework counts towards your final grade for Physics/Chemistry/Biology? Im worried since i did quite badly on this test :frown:

25%
Guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be for this?
Original post by Jiff
Guys what do you think the grade boundaries will be for this?

Original post by GCShElpme
Just thought that I'd make some predictions regarding the grade boundaries. Feel free to leave feedback. :smile:Predicted grade boundaries P4 P5 P6 [HIGHER] 2016The previous grade boundaries were as follows;2015- A*: 54, A: 45, B: 36, C: 272014- A*: 57, A: 48, B: 39, C: 302013- A*: 52, A: 43, B: 34, C: 25Personally, while the calculations were rather difficult and some of the questions were phrased oddly, the majority of the questions were accessible to a large group of people. My predictions for the grade boundaries are; A*: 55, A: 46, B: 36, C: 29.Hope this helps!

These are the grade boundaries that @GCShElpme predicted and I agree with these, so they will probably be like these :smile:
Reply 131
image.jpeg
These are the grade boundaries that @GCShElpme predicted and I agree with these, so they will probably be like these :smile:

Thanks so so much! Okay I need help with one more thing. I calculated I got 55 on p123 and 42 on p456 and I got an A (I think 41/40) on my CAT.

What do you think my overall might be? :smile:
Original post by Jiff
Thanks so so much! Okay I need help with one more thing. I calculated I got 55 on p123 and 42 on p456 and I got an A (I think 41/40) on my CAT.

What do you think my overall might be? :smile:

June 2014 has the highest grade boundaries, so I'll use these :smile:

P1 P2 P3: 55 raw marks would be 128/140 UMS

P4 P5 P6: 42 raw marks would be 117/160 UMS

Controlled Assessment: 41 raw marks would be 85/100 UMS

Overall it would be 128+117+85 which is 330 UMS which is an A :smile:
I have decided to try and make a mark scheme for C1 C2 C3 as it is just about in my memory - but I don't think I could do B1 B2 B3.

It is here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4181337 :smile:
June 2014 has the highest grade boundaries, so I'll use these :smile:

P1 P2 P3: 55 raw marks would be 128/140 UMS

P4 P5 P6: 42 raw marks would be 117/160 UMS

Controlled Assessment: 41 raw marks would be 85/100 UMS

Overall it would be 128+117+85 which is 330 UMS which is an A :smile:

Ah perfect! Thank youuuu!! :smile: Was that a high A or low?
Lol I'm endangered.

P1 - 3 = 55 marks
P4 - 6 = 55 marks
CA = 39 marks EWW
Original post by Jiff

Low A, but that shouldn't matter. At GCSE - it's only your grade lol no marks are looked at tbh.
Original post by Jiff

You were 25% into the grade boundary :smile:
Reply 139
I need some help. You know the question with BEFA what were E and F? Was E where the nuclei splits? @some-student
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending