Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Britain is better than the rest of the EU put together. Vote leave. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Hold on, gotta add special needs trollto my ignore list, brb!

Looks like today is Anti-Sense of Humour Day. :erm:

And yes the facts again I was agreeing with you....all of my posts says I'm a leaver against EU....so don't ask me to explain why as if I said something different.
    Lol, I understand now. You had me confused.

ReputationRep:
    :toofunny:

Scopeowner imagine being at a business conference or a UN meeting and being asked, "What do you think about poverty and AIDS in Africa? Is it genocide or the collapse of poor infrastructure?" And she says, "hold on" -puts finger up- "let me just pull out my geo revision notes' -reveals Scooby Doo notepad and a sparkly pen with a pink feather-
    What a totally obtuse attempt to discredit very real figures. The thing is, I'm totally on track to be either at a business conference or a UN meeting and both career routes are very real aspirations/possibilities for me. I think you need to at least be capable of reading Biff and Chip to get anywhere near there.

ReputationRep:
    Yes leaving the EU will mean we have much more freedom and loads of new opportunities, but to get to that point is hard and a great risk. Are we really ready? Are we prepared? By the looks of it I think not. And many people agree. Britan can be stronger on its own, but hope of ever doing so is too far. With all the crisis going on around the world leaving the EU will just create more trouble and chaos here. Sometimes its better to just stay on the safe side and not climb the mountain to high or you will choke on your own breath. But thats politics for you everyone has their views and thoughts. May the righteous cause win.VOTE REMAIN!A few points why Britan is stronger in the EUBeing able to trade freely across the EU helps UK businesses grow and create jobs, giving you and your family more opportunities & more financial security.
    • Over 3 million UK jobs are linked to our trade with the EU: one in every ten jobs in this country (Source: HM Treasury). Being in the EU will create 790,000 more UK jobs by 2030 (Source: Centre for Economic and Business Research), creating more opportunities for you and your family.
    • In the EU you can find work, holiday and retire without visas, and study abroad on the Erasmus programme, offering you and your family even more ways to get on in life.
    • If we leave the EU experts predict that the economic hit would mean up to 950,000 UK jobs could be lost (Source: Confederation of British Industry), meaning less security for you and your family.
    • The Trades Union Congress says the average wage would fall by £38 a week if we left Europe (Source: Trades Union Congress), hitting your family finances.

(Original post by floury)
    Then I'll be out campaigning for a second referendum as it will obviously have been rigged by the Remain camp on behalf of the global elite.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IFoundWonderland)
    What a totally obtuse attempt to discredit very real figures. The thing is, I'm totally on track to be either at a business conference or a UN meeting and both career routes are very real aspirations/possibilities for me. I think you need to at least be capable of reading Biff and Chip to get anywhere near there.
    Ouch,I felt that :p:D.

ReputationRep:
    No you haven't. The information is fact and you haven't addressed it, merely throwing around anecdotal incoherent words and strange things about American-Indians, which is hardly relevant.

Maybe if you were better able to structure your sentences, I'd be able to understand them I mean, one thing is providing you with evidence that totally contradicts your point and another is having to translate an unknown foreign language.

Read: incoherent waffling.
    It's not strange. See this is what I'm saying. You're not very intelligent, but feel you can take part in this discussion because you learned something in "geo" a couple days ago lmao. It's completely relevant. As I said your issue was that employers pay less because they decide not to. I already said it's mainly because they're not regulated to by the gov't and that the population (increasingly growing because that too isn't being regulated, and it's NOT ) goes hand in hand with pay, which you only said was the employers fault. Lmao it shows you just are so unaware and it's hilarious, painfully so. If there's more people, let me spell it out for you, there's less money to go round to each of us...do you understand that simple fact? And American Indians who are federally recognised only make money for themselves as a community and they are wealthy many times because they only have to share billions with each other....and they have like a few thousand citizens...do you understand the stark difference between less people and pay now? Toss your little notes, you need more logic. Now 've had enough of your silly posts, you're doing my head in seriously. How's the revision going?

ReputationRep:
    The global elite want us to stay as part of their plan for a New World Order where Europeans are under their rule.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Careful not to lose your tin-foil hat... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scopeowner)
    Lol, I understand now. You had me confused.

(Original post by Kadak)
    Ouch,I felt that :p:D.
    I didn't :erm: But maybe it's the first last and only time you'll ever feel anything slightly female.

Oh hush and keep it to one post at a time! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's not strange. See this is what I'm saying. You're not very intelligent, but feel you can take part in this discussion because you learned something in "geo" a couple days ago lmao. It's completely relevant. As I said your issue was that employers pay less because they decide not to. I already said it's mainly because they're not regulated to by the gov't and that the population (increasingly growing because that too isn't being regulated, and it's NOT ) goes hand in hand with pay, which you only said was the employers fault. Lmao it shows you just are so unaware and it's hilarious, painfully so. If there's more people, let me spell it out for you, there's less money to go round to each of us...do you understand that simple fact? And American Indians who are federally recognised only make money for themselves as a community and they are wealthy many times because they only have to share billions with each other....and they have like a few thousand citizens...do you understand the stark difference between less people and pay now? Toss your little notes, you need more logic. Now 've had enough of your silly posts, you're doing my head in seriously. How's the revision going?
    You would do well not to insult my intelligence and perhaps actually bother reading the statistics and points I'm offering rather than resorting to empty and unnecessary criticism.

No. My point was that it's because employers are not regulated by the government. Your point was that immigration was not controlled by the government.

As I already said, these notes are from two years ago. Thanks for your concern; I lost three raw marks in that exam .

ReputationRep:

No. My point was that it's because employers are not regulated by the government. Your point was that immigration was not controlled by the government.
    Ok anyway. What...are you saying...no...to...? :erm:

Anyway eugh. How DARE YOU LIE ON ME NOW?! I SPECIFICALLY EMPHASISED THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IMMIGRATION.
    FIND ME WHERE I SAID IMMIGRATION. HOW DARE YOU, I LITERALLY SAID TO YOU I AM TALKING ABOUT MIGRANTS!

OK NOW I'M DONE!!!! Put words in my mouth see this what I can't take! We went into the discssuon about differentiating between MIGRANTS...AND IMMIGRANTS!! YOU WENT ON TO POST REVISION NOTE!!! THIS IS WHY I SAID I'M NOT BOTHERING TO TALK TO YOURSELF AGAIN BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!! And I don't give a toss about your exams seriously.

So done talking to you, not even gonna bother fussing anymore, to the ignore list you go my dear.

(Original post by dairychocolate)
    I never said it was different? I said I changed my view.

Migrant and immigrant are often used interchangeably. They are actually listed as synonyms of each other. However, the definition of 'migrant' is specifically:

1.a person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions.

Which is the group of people I've been talking about. I assumed we weren't talking about illegals because EU residents are free to move to the UK and work here legally.

As I said, my personal experience is only relevant to my own decision-making. For me, the studies that actually analyse these things quantitatively are ultimately the main thing that changed my mind.
    Firstly, you said you agreed with me in the past but now don't. That means to me something I said recently has made you disagree. So you either have suddenly changed your entire belief system or you are mistaking the things I've said....

Anyway why do people think I need the definition pointed out to me? I know people on the internet play games and try to make it seem they're the correct one but honestly don't do it with me. I obviously know the difference if I keep telling people to stop USING migrants and immigration interchangeably! That is what pisses me off the most on here. People don't KNOW so they conveniently confuse the definitions and then have the nerve to paste it to others and lie that they said something different...
    Anyway you even said you agree about housing...do you seriously think a logical person would take issue with immigrants (who are citizens!) when it comes to housing and jobs..my issue is obviously those who AREN'T CITIZENS STILL getting jobs and housing! And more or before British citizens! How is this NOT a problem? Oh wait, it is one, just not on little tsr, or at least this thread. Never stepped into such a fantasy land than before today.

I'm not even mad at you, still fuming because someone 5 mins ago on here blatantly lied on me.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing I am saying recently has been different to anything I've said in the past, about immigration though.
    I never said it was different? I said I changed my view.

Why is someone again saying immigrants to me. Like I said to Wonderland, if there's no difference between migrants and immigrants, then my whole life has been a total lie.

If we leave then the migrants/illegals/unofficial residents (not immigrants) don't leave but no more can come in. Or certainly, much much less with much tigher policies! Brilliant! Honestly!?
    Migrant and immigrant are often used interchangeably. They are actually listed as synonyms of each other. However, the definition of 'migrant' is specifically:

1.a person who moves from one place to another in order to find work or better living conditions.

Which is the group of people I've been talking about. I assumed we weren't talking about illegals because EU residents are free to move to the UK and work here legally.

And also like I said to Wonderland your personal experience isn't completely worthless but on the grand scheme of things, that's lovely for you but the general reality is that the unemployed would take what they can get! Whether they have opinions against the job or not. You suck it up and do it. Speaking of personal experiences though, I've yet to hear a white Brit who I am mostly speaking to anyway say they feel jobs are beneath them? lol seriously.
    JoePFR dive in boi since you wanna name call? What say you ini?
    As I said, my personal experience is only relevant to my own decision-making. For me, the studies that actually analyse these things quantitatively are ultimately the main thing that changed my mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Hey I really like your username on here ; it made me chuckle
    im not stressed about a-levels don't you worry

ReputationRep:
    dairychocolate edited my response to you in an already existing post, tagging you jus tin case the notifications messed up or something
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    It's time for us to stand on our own two feet. We have a superior government to the rest of Europe, the most commonly spoken language (we don't neigh like horses like the French), our roads are excellent, so are our hospitals, that lot in Calais would give their right arm to live here, and I can see why. We live in the best country in the world and don't need the failing EU bringing us down.

Vote leave!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How do you work out:
    1. We have a superior government?
    2. Most common language in Europe or the World?
    3. Most excellent roads in Europe or the world??
    4. We have the best healthcare system in Europe or the world?
    5. Best country in the world on what basis?

ReputationRep:
    Ok anyway. What...are you saying...no...to...? :erm:

Anyway eugh. How DARE YOU LIE ON ME NOW?! I SPECIFICALLY EMPHASISED THAT I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT IMMIGRATION!!!!!
    FIND ME WHERE I SAID IMMIGRATION!!!!!! HOW DARE YOU, I LITERALLY SAID TO YOU I AM TALKING ABOUT MIGRANTS!!!!!!

OK NOW I'M DONE!!!! Put words in my mouth see this is the **** I can't take!!!!!! We went into the discssuon about differentiating between MIGRANTS...AND IMMIGRANTS!!!! YOU WENT ON TO POST REVISION NOTE!!! THIS IS WHY I SAID I'M NOT BOTHERING TO TALK TO YOURSELF AGAIN BECAUSE YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND SIMPLE THIONGS!!!! Don't give a toss about your damn exams seriously!!!!!

So done!!!!
    Not sure if I should be responding. You told me you're done, but asked me lots of questions :/

I'm saying no to: "As I said your issue was that employers pay less because they decide not to. I already said it's mainly because they're not regulated to by the gov't and that the population (increasingly growing because that too isn't being regulated, and it's NOT ) goes hand in hand with pay, which you only said was the employers fault."

I was actually the one who said that the issue is that government isn't properly regulating employers. You said that this issue arises because of lacking regulation regarding migration

As dairychocolate said, the terms 'migrant' and 'immigrant' can be used interchangeably. This pedantic frustration on your part is totally flawed as it still does not address the sentiment behind the point. Throughout our exchange, you have attempted to undermine my arguments through patronising retorts and insults, whilst consistently failing to address very real statistics and honest concerns. It is you who cannot understand simple things and I feel your anger is unnecessary and merely stems from an inability to respond with an intelligible answer.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, you said you agreed with me in the past but now don't. That means to me something I said recently has made you disagree. So you either have suddenly changed your entire belief system or you are mistaking the things I've said....
    Nah mate, you've got it twisted.

What I meant was that, years ago, I used to believe what you believe now (ie. Europeans taking our jobs etc.), but my experiences and reading since then have changed my opinion.

Anyway why do people think I need the definition pointed out to me? I know people on the internet play games and try to make it seem they're the correct one but honestly don't do it with me. I obviously know the difference if I keep telling people to stop USING migrants and immigration interchangeably! That is what pisses me off the most on here. People don't KNOW so they conveniently confuse the definitions and then have the nerve to paste it to others and lie that they said something different...
    The two words are synonyms. However, if you want to be extremely pedantic, we're talking about employment (ie. Europeans coming here and taking jobs) so it doesn't really matter whether they're coming here to live permanently or not.

Anyway you even said you agree about housing...do you seriously think a logical person would take issue with immigrants (who are citizens!) when it comes to housing and jobs..my issue is obviously those who AREN'T CITIZENS STILL getting jobs and housing! And more or before British citizens! How is this NOT a problem? Oh wait, it is one, just not on little tsr, or at least this thread. Never stepped into such a fantasy land than before today.

I'm not even mad at you, still fuming because someone 5 mins ago on here blatantly lied on me.
    As you noted, I never said I disagreed about housing, I was talking about employment.

Yes, while we have other big problems with housing, unlimited European immigration/migration does make the problem worse by further increasing demand.

ReputationRep:
    People talking about Germany, yet, do not know their economy is waay stronger than ours despite eurozone instability. Take back control? What exactly are we going to take control over and what are going to do with the control. People using words like they know what it means.

ReputationRep:
    How humble...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.