Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cameron resigns: who will be next PM? Watch

• View Poll Results: Following Cameron's resignation, who will be the next prime minister?
    Theresa May
    14.96%
    George Osborne
    6.57%
    Boris Johnson
    48.91%
    Michael Gove
    6.57%
    Someone else
    22.99%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shooks)
    So David Cameron has fallen on his sword and will be gone by October.

Who do you think will take his place? Are we set for prime minister Boris Johnson?
    I'm kind of hoping for Stephen Crabb, but that's mainly so I can say that our prime minister is Mr Kraaaaaabs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    You know your country's in a mess when Boris Johnson is the best choice for PM
    damn getting those bare reps :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    damn getting those bare reps :lol:
    The best thing about the referendum, is all the reps it's bought in for me :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zargabaath)
    The best thing about the referendum, is all the reps it's bought in for me :lol:
    LMAO :rofl: how many off 11 are you? I need around 1800 more....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForestShadow)
    LMAO :rofl: how many off 11 are you? I need around 1800 more....
    I still need about 3k :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will.bos55)
    I'm kind of hoping for Stephen Crabb, but that's mainly so I can say that our prime minister is Mr Kraaaaaabs.
    Good but he'd have to give up his DWP leadership role which would leave it open to the return of the nasty IDS as DWP secretary. There are a lot of poor people, disabled people etc who would terrified at the return of IDS. The man who created benefit sanctions, bedroom tax, workfare, work capability assessments that wrongly declared disabled as fit to work. Benefit cuts etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    :lol:

:yep:

:eek4:

Just because he looks like a bit of a prat doesn't mean hes not capable of running the country. Lots of intelligent people often look inadequate however then prove themselves to be much better than first thought.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Cant really see how it can be anyone else except Boris along with Gove as Chancellor , Farage in charge of the NHS and Hanaan as Home Secretary.
    I cant see how anyone who didnt vote Brexit can be in the government.

ReputationRep:
    God forbid that Boris Johnson becomes the next PM we need a serious character to lead us not a clown.

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be Boris.

And that will be the sweetest punishment for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Black Cat)
    God forbid that Boris Johnson becomes the next PM we need a serious character to lead us not a clown.
    Honest question. What makes Boris johnson an ineffective leader? What does he lack that someone like, cameron for example, possesses?

Secondly, where has boris johnson gained a reputation for being a bit of a clown?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJBay123)
    I'm waiting for someone to edit a historic painting to show Boris stabbing Cameron in the back.
    serah.exe seems to be very talented at this sort of stuff. It may even become viral on the geeky twittersphere if it's good enough

Perhaps she could photoshop Boris Johnson and DC's faces onto one of these images of a past PM being assassinated?

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/lo...0/XJ000615.jpg

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/lo...01/B001879.jpg
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Jacob Rees Mogg! His speeches need more mainstream attention hahaha
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Fenice)
    serah.exe seems to be very talented at this sort of stuff. It may even become viral on the geeky twittersphere if it's good enough

Perhaps she could photoshop Boris Johnson and DC's faces onto one of these images of a past PM being assassinated?

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/lo...0/XJ000615.jpg

http://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/lo...01/B001879.jpg
    Soz for the crappy 10 minute PhotoShop magic.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Interestingly it seems that Boris may be smarter than i gave him credit for. It's now confirmed that his two running mates will be Gove (quite popular among MP's - many were pushing for him to run) and a remain guy from NI (this gives him a claim to unity). Not only that but it now seems that Osbourne has been offered the choice of chancellor or foreign with Gove taking the other and heading the exit negotiations.

It's a good move from him but i'd still expect May to win the MP's ballot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Soz for the crappy 10 minute PhotoShop magic.
    Amazing!!! - can I use this and who do I credit?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Interesting stance from the Independent regarding Cameron screwing Boris by not enacting article 50..

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Interesting stance from the Independent regarding Cameron screwing Boris by not enacting article 50..

If he runs for leadership of the party, and then fails to follow through on triggering Article 50, then he is finished. If he does not run and effectively abandons the field, then he is finished. If he runs, wins and pulls the UK out of the EU, then it will all be over - Scotland will break away, there will be upheaval in Ireland, a recession ... broken trade agreements. Then he is also finished. Boris Johnson knows all of this. When he acts like the dumb blond it is just that: an act.
    ok so you're saying that the former prime minister just wants to see his fellow MP's and the country burn to the ground? nice one. I think its more the fact that he resigned and felt it should be in their hands
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Alextaylor6)
    ok so you're saying that the former prime minister just wants to see his fellow MP's and the country burn to the ground? nice one. I think its more the fact that he resigned and felt it should be in their hands
    Nope - he has hated Boris since their time at Eton. There really is no love lost between them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Nope - he has hated Boris since their time at Eton. There really is no love lost between them.
    we don't even know if it will be borris tbh and either way, i lost a lot of respect for cameron resigning

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.