Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JordanL_)
    Losing our right to live and work freely in 27 other countries, ending the biggest international research cooperation, damaging our economy, and doing away with most of our rights, in a clumsy attempt at just maybe implementing a better immigration system, which we could have done without leaving the EU.

No, I won't be thanking leave voters.
    Im not an expert but what rights have we lost? Im not aware of any

ReputationRep:
    I love the Poles. I really do. I have said many a time that they are one of the best things to have happened to this country since the war.

But they are also some of the most racist people I know.

I don't hold that against them.We are none of us perfect. And anyway what can you expect from a nationailty that still killed Jews even after the end of the Second World War? Guess how many Jews there still are in Poland? Not many I can tell you.Says it all.

Just calling a spade a spade.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)
    I love the Poles. I really do. I have said many a time that they are one of the best things to have happened to this country since the war.

But they are also some of the most racist people I know.

I don't hold that against them.We are none of us perfect. And anyway what can you expect from a nationailty that still killed Jews even after the end of the Second World War? Guess how many Jews there still are in Poland? Not many I can tell you.Says it all.

I agree with the racist part. Some people from my country are extremely racist which is ridiculous but what can you do.

Who killed Jews? German Nazis not Polish people. During the Second World War, not only Jews were in camps and being killed. There were tons of polish people who were Christian Catholics (the main religion in Poland), gypsies, homosexual, politicians etc that were also closed up in ghettos and sent off to camps to then be eventually killed, die due to diseases or starve to death

ReputationRep:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BHC1UTyj-SX/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pol pot noodles)
    Leave, especially UKIP, want to sever ties with some of the whitest countries in the world and forge stronger ties with the Commonwealth, an organisation that includes 1.5 billion brown people and about 350 million Africans. But yes, they're so very obviously racist.
    This

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)

Believe it or not a lot of Brexiters aren't racist.
    Well, then maybe Bresiters should have lead another campaign, without posters with immigrants and Nigel Farage talking for them. Really, you can't blame the others for linking Brexiters with the most prominent speakers of Brexit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magdax)
    But skilled migration helps UK and other EU countries?

I found this on a forum

Considered Top 10 Universities in the UK:

1. University of Cambridge - Cambridge voted 73.85% REMAIN
    2. University of Oxford - Oxford voted 70.27% REMAIN
    3. UCL (University College London) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    4. Imperial College London - Kensington & Chelsea voted 68.69% REMAIN
    5. King’s College London (KCL) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    6. University of Edinburgh - City of Edinburgh voted 74.44% REMAIN
    7. University of Manchester - Manchester voted 60.36% REMAIN
    8. London School Of Economics And Political Science (LSE) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    9. University of Bristol - Bristol voted 61.73% REMAIN
    10. University of Warwick - Warwick voted 58.78% REMAIN
    No **** universities full of middle class liberals and researchers who depend on EU funding voted remain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    They should have made voters take an IQ test first

Slippery and dangerous slope. Maybe the people who design the test will make it impossible for you to vote. Have you thought of that?

ReputationRep:
    Why the older generation voted to leave.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoGMonpBC5E

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know Poles could speak.

ReputationRep:
    A Prime Minister resigned. The £ plummeted. The FTSE 100 lost significant ground. But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months. President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong. The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place. The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU. A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas. The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt. Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately. If this was the predicted apocalypse, well, it was a very British one. It was all over by teatime. Not a bad first day of freedom.👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 👌🏻🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧 🇬🇧🇬🇧

ReputationRep:
    I was right!!

ReputationRep:
    Just because more racist people will naturally be drawn to Leave as its Ideas are closer to what they believe in does not make leave racist

ReputationRep:
    Boooooooooooooo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moggis)

Where did you find that information?

Before the WWII Poland had one of largest European Jewish minority in Europe. In 20ties and 30ties we welcomed over 200 000 Jewish refugees from Soviet Russia, and Nazi Germany. During the war the german occupant introduced a death penalty for Poles providing aid for Jews, still majority of Righteus Among the Nations are Polish. After the war the Jews either moved to Israel, or they changed their surnames to Polish. Some were persecuted by the communst government in the 60ties, but this had not much to do with pure anti-semitism. They were just looking for a scapegoat.

If Poles were such antisemites, then why Jewish people were coming to Poland since medieval times, up to 30ties of the XXth century?

(Original post by katherine9609)
    I agree with the racist part. Some people from my country are extremely racist which is ridiculous but what can you do.
    Huh, somehow true, but perhaps you can remember that Polish racism is quite different. It affirms some other nations over the Polish, and those not affirmed, usually treats as equal to Polish. Only Arabs and Africans are sometimes considered to be worse
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    UK economy is already at all time low, pound no longer strong currency. Finance (UK biggest industry) moving abroad to EU

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Immigration is most dangerous from countries such as Pakistan, Africa, the third world etc, because of terrorism. Or Syrian refugees

So "leave" voters are not even changing this by blocking the EU :facepalm: Eastern Europe, France, etc. are very similar to UK culturally

Also the most educated and richest UK people (e.g. celebrities or London) all voting to Remain. Racists want to Leave
    Good to know that you're excellent at listing lies and shouting "racist" when somebody disagrees with you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Good to know that you're excellent at listing lies and shouting "racist" when somebody disagrees with you.
    Such is life for the common SJW

ReputationRep:
    UK economy is already at all time low, pound no longer strong currency. Finance (UK biggest industry) moving abroad to EU

Skilled migrants (including Polish) forced to move out of UK and UK citizens in other countries also.

Immigration is most dangerous from countries such as Pakistan, Africa, the third world etc, because of terrorism. Or Syrian refugees

So "leave" voters are not even changing this by blocking the EU :facepalm: Eastern Europe, France, etc. are very similar to UK culturally

Also the most educated and richest UK people (e.g. celebrities or London) all voting to Remain. Racists want to Leave
    With all due respect, your title is rather idiotic, obviously you think brexit is stupid just as I imagine a cow thinks slaughter houses are.

Read some history, Eastern Europe is absolutely not "similar to U.K. culturally" most Eastern European countries were ruled by an authoritarian communist dictatorship until 20 years ago, last time I checked Britain was never part of the Warsaw Pact.

As for your point on the economy, it can be put down to the cyclic theory of economics, we always dip and then come back again, just look at Greece, Spain and Italy (to an extent), their Eurozone membership didn't help them did it? The global economy is at a low point right now due to the price of oil dropping, brexit did compound this slightly yes, but not by much.

You claim all leave voters were racist, yet you say immigration from "Africa, Syria, Pakistan and other third world countries is worse" that is incredibly hypocritical as I'm sure you know. Additionally, not all brexiteers voted leave because of immigration, by making a generalisation like that you are just as bad if not worse than the "bigots" you despise so much.

As for you calling celebrities the "most educated people", just lol, most celebrities are talentless hacks who just want to earn more money by supporting the popular cause amongst young people (it's called a sales tactic) and atm the most popular causes amongst younger people are leftism and supporting the EU.

This is from a pro free market, globalist remainer.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But skilled migration helps UK and other EU countries?

I found this on a forum

Considered Top 10 Universities in the UK:

1. University of Cambridge - Cambridge voted 73.85% REMAIN
    2. University of Oxford - Oxford voted 70.27% REMAIN
    3. UCL (University College London) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    4. Imperial College London - Kensington & Chelsea voted 68.69% REMAIN
    5. King’s College London (KCL) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    6. University of Edinburgh - City of Edinburgh voted 74.44% REMAIN
    7. University of Manchester - Manchester voted 60.36% REMAIN
    8. London School Of Economics And Political Science (LSE) - City of London voted 75.29% REMAIN
    9. University of Bristol - Bristol voted 61.73% REMAIN
    10. University of Warwick - Warwick voted 58.78% REMAIN
    And none of those are actually results from the universities, merely the Local Authorities in which the universities reside with only a small number of students actually still being there for the vote. Further, 6 of them sit in the "Traitor belt" or central London, the parts of the country with wealthy, liberal populations, they basically happen to be where the Europhile will naturally reside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    They should have made voters take an IQ test first
    err, or a political knowledge test...? just because you have a great IQ it doesn't mean you're going to be in a position to make a judgement on this issue. also, what about the immense subjectivity? just because the economy will drop, for instnace, is that necessarily to say that brexit isn't worth it even with the political benefits of leaving the EU?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.