Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Will you be voting Labour in 2020? watch

• View Poll Results: Will you be voting for Labour?
    Yes
    40.59%
    No
    59.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Even though they are quite small at the moment?
    I vote based on policies and principles, not in terms of size
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    I vote based on policies and principles, not in terms of size
    Ah ok. That's a good job then.

ReputationRep:
    in 70% of labour seats, people wanted to leave the EU
    yet almost 100% of labour MPs wanted to remain
    labour were, and always are, out of touch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    If 'in touch' means blaming all our problems on the EU and immigrants, while saying nothing about the economic system which creates so much poverty and disillusionment then it's hardly an attractive position to be in.

You're confusing 'in touch' with the line perpetuated by Murdoch and Dacre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    Labour is real danger of losing a town like Stoke- on- Trent to UKIP because they refuse to acknowledge this. I fear for Labour if Corbyn and his protest group win in September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    Labour is real danger of losing a town like Stoke- on- Trent to UKIP because they refuse to acknowledge this. I fear for Labour if Corbyn and his protest group win in September.
    Corbyn is a Eurosceptic who cares passionately for workers' rights and prospects. In my book he is more in tune with the electorate of these areas than the centrists. Here in Coventry he is popular with voters because of his stances on these issues and because he is not seen as a careerist politician.

The MP who resigned from the shadow cabinet however has been roundly criticised. Won't stop the likes of yourself acting like he is less appealing to voters in Stoke than Tristram ****ing Hunt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Midlander)
    Corbyn is a Eurosceptic who cares passionately for workers' rights and prospects. In my book he is more in tune with the electorate of these areas than the centrists. Here in Coventry he is popular with voters because of his stances on these issues and because he is not seen as a careerist politician.

The MP who resigned from the shadow cabinet however has been roundly criticised. Won't stop the likes of yourself acting like he is less appealing to voters in Stoke than Tristram fecking Hunt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tristram Hunt annoys me, I have to admit.

ReputationRep:

The MP who resigned from the shadow cabinet however has been roundly criticised. Won't stop the likes of yourself acting like he is less appealing to voters in Stoke than Tristram fecking Hunt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't give a damn about Corbyn, Labour or Hunt. It wasn't me saying it was a clip on BBC Sunday politics in the West Midlands. UKIP said that if Corbyn was leader into the next election they had a real chance of displacing Labour. They also had a clip of people being asked who they would vote for.

Corbyn maybe popular in Coventry but then Coventry is **** (apart from Cheylesmore, Finham Green and Stivichall).

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a damn about Corbyn, Labour or Hunt. It wasn't me saying it was a clip on BBC Sunday politics in the West Midlands. UKIP said that if Corbyn was leader into the next election they had a real chance of displacing Labour. They also had a clip of people being asked who they would vote for.

Corbyn maybe popular in Coventry but then Coventry is ****.
    Big words, chief.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Big words, chief.
    Corbyn couldn't even organise a prayer in a Temple.

ReputationRep:
    Easy, big guy, easy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Lol. That's a bit harsh.

ReputationRep:
    Lol. That's a bit harsh.
    It is true. How all the Labour MPs receiving threats, what's he doing about that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viffer)
    Jeremy Pied Piper Corbyn presents a tangible risk to the security and sovereignty of the UK and related territories.
    I think Blair and all the other backers of the Iraq war did a much better job at making us all less secure.

ReputationRep:
    It is true. How all the Labour MPs receiving threats, what's he doing about that?
    This is just media hype of a bit of trolling, not necessarily exclusive to Corbyn supporters, and certainly opposed by Corbyn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aliccam)
    I think Blair and all the other backers of the Iraq war did a much better job at making us all less secure.
    When the Blair Government used the army when it shouldn't at least they supported HAVING one.

I'd rather debate whether a few battalions could be deployed.

Better to be looking at it than for it .......
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    When the Blair Government used the army when it shouldn't at least they supported HAVING one.

I'd rather debate whether a few battalions could be deployed.

Better to be looking at it than for it .......
    Did you support Blair?

ReputationRep:
    Did you support Blair?
    How is that relevant?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    How is that relevant?
    It was just out of interest.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aliccam)
    This is just media hype of a bit of trolling, not necessarily exclusive to Corbyn supporters, and certainly opposed by Corbyn.
    I definitely think it might be exaggerated in order to get rid of him.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.