Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you given blood before? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you given blood?
    Yes
    14.00%
    No
    55.40%
    No, but I plan on doing so soon.
    30.59%

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd leave this here:

https://www.dkms.org.uk/en

For anyone who's been told they can't give blood due to their sexuality - via this method it is totally allowed!

Also for those (like me) who have health conditions meaning that they can't give blood, it is more likely to be possible!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Oh you've heard about it ?? xD
    Basically he keeps making dupes to bully me lol, because he was in a groupchat with me and other users, I called him a beg so he said something very VERY mean (won't detail publicly) and he got kicked out so he is still mad lol :' )

I am good ty How are you ?

I gave my blood twice as well but it's been one year I cannot anymore, I look forward to give again very soon tho :woo:
    Yes, Zargabaath informed me that he had been giving you trouble on one of Joban's pathetic jibe threads.

He is really behaving like a child or like a jilted ex in some cases, you'd think a 26 year old man with a medical degree under his belt would behave and act more mature but no. :facepalm:

I'm alright aswell, just taking a break from uni on a few gap years. How about yourself? Are you planning to apply to medicine again any time soon?

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Yes, Zargabaath informed me that he had been giving you trouble on one of Joban's pathetic jibe threads.

He is really behaving like a child or like a jilted ex in some cases, you'd think a 26 year old man with a medical degree under his belt would behave and act more mature but no. :facepalm:

I'm alright aswell, just taking a break from uni on a few gap years. How about yourself? Are you planning to apply to medicine again any time soon?
    Ah Zarg :penguinhug:

Yes that's exactly what I thought, he was as well particularerly jealous of homeland.lsw because he is 17 and I've always said he seems more mature than him (hi Homeland <3 )

Glad to here you're fine. Any plans for ago year ? I think you study chemistry right ? (Hope I remember well xD )

I already applied for some medical schools in Czech Republik. Did my last exams just last week and I'm currently waiting for the results :3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    Ah Zarg :penguinhug:

Yes that's exactly what I thought, he was as well particularerly jealous of homeland.lsw because he is 17 and I've always said he seems more mature than him (hi Homeland <3 )

Glad to here you're fine. Any plans for ago year ? I think you study chemistry right ? (Hope I remember well xD )

I already applied for some medical schools in Czech Republik. Did my last exams just last week and I'm currently waiting for the results :3
    homeland.lsw is a really cool guy, I'd have to agree with you there. In the few times I've spoken to him he has always come across as humble and pleasant to speak too. Ideal doctor traits imho

Yes, you have a good memory, I did study Chemistry. In my couple of years out I'm planning to take up a-level maths, resit some of my a-level biology and chemistry units, hopefully gain a driving license, maybe save up for a car and ideally switch to another university for medicinal chemistry. So big plans really

Best of luck with your application! I really really hope you get in, you deserve it!

ReputationRep:
    I would, but I have a ridiculous phobia of needles, injections, generally anything that involves sticking something into my skin. I almost fainted out of fear just from a blood test.

ReputationRep:
    Can't - my veins are really deep, it even takes a while to give blood for tests and that's a much smaller needle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I keep trying but it never works :sad:

The last time I tried, I failed due to iron count - I was 122 and they want 125.
    The time before they stuck the needle in at such a dodgy angle I ended up with bruises all over my outer elbow, and they didn't get it in the vein well enough to work.
    Before that I wasn't allowed for a long time because of some medication.
    The time before that I failed on iron, but don't know exact score.

They count me as being on 11 donations, though :proud:
    I've been low on iron too. I wonder if I have mild celiac or something because of my digestion and bad absorption
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 73iso)
    I've been low on iron too. I wonder if I have mild celiac or something because of my digestion and bad absorption
    I have coeliac disease but don't know if it's related

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I have coeliac disease but don't know if it's related
    Yeah, its connected.
    Wow, I didn't expect that to be true at first!
    In fact the minimum iron level was 20 but I was something like 12.5. Anaemia diagnosed right there.

ReputationRep:
    I've done it a couple of times. The first time I gave blood I was nervous beforehand & felt a bit light headed afterwards but didn't really feel any pain. I think it's definitely worth doing & am planning to do it again soon.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to but i have such an extreme phobia of needles i just can't bring myself to go and do it i know its pathetic and i have tried to make myself go and do it but i panic and drop out. Its a shame because i do really want to...

ReputationRep:
    I've been to give blood three times and each time they couldn't take any for different reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.