Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Nisha's successful alevel Journey ! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nisha.sri)
    Aw that's good Yeh same i feel like the workload is going to increase so much !!
    Hopefully we will both cope with the workload i'm excited for this year but also so nervous because everyone says the jump is massive!

ReputationRep:
    Oh that's good How are you finding them ? Good luck and thank you x
    i've been to school for 3 days so it's too early to say. I feel slightly intimidated by biology aha hopefully it's not too much to memorise :/

ReputationRep:
    Yas Nisha! Your gonna kill this thread, I look forward to reading about your journey (as I did with your GCSE one)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happiness12)
    i've been to school for 3 days so it's too early to say. I feel slightly intimidated by biology aha hopefully it's not too much to memorise :/
    I feel exactly the same about biology so much detail ! Good luck with your A levels btw!

ReputationRep:
    We got the same grades lol i got 6a*'s 2a's and 2b's (the b's in both english's)
    wow well done. R u doing medicine?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srirahul)
    wow well done. R u doing medicine?
    Nah i'm not doing medicine, i want to study chemistry or biochem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    I feel exactly the same about biology so much detail ! Good luck with your A levels btw!
    I'm sure we can make it , Good luck to you too !!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leopard923)
    Hopefully we will both cope with the workload i'm excited for this year but also so nervous because everyone says the jump is massive!
    Yeh and i'm sure we can

That's true but we can cope

(Original post by Do it Right)
    Yas Nisha! Your gonna kill this thread, I look forward to reading about your journey (as I did with your GCSE one)
    Yas Do it right !! Haha thank you !! Aw thank you and good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    hey, how did you manage to put your thread into the grow your grades section? it wouldn't allow me to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    hey, how did you manage to put your thread into the grow your grades section? it wouldn't allow me to do that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey,
    I didn't , they did it for me !
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE 14/09/16
    I haven't updated in a week or so mainly because I just do reviews on all the lessons i have every day. However recently i feel like the amount of homework the teachers give me is insane but obviously i can manage it so that's good For biology, i have just realised the amount of things you have to memorise but i can cope as long as i go over it again and again. The workload is massive especially homework !! Sometimes i wonder how people who have clubs even survive and the fact that most of the homework are due 2 days after they are set. But I'm coping so i can't complain. The teachers give me a little test for nearly every lesson !! so everyday i have to review,rewrite some notes,try and do homework,do extra reading and review everything we have done for the subjects i have the day after ( IF ANY OF THAT MAKES SENSE) Obviously i can't do all of that because that's ridiculous. So in reality i actually rewrite my notes if needed,review and i usually try and get my homework done on the day it's set but some i will do during the weekends And about further reading - i haven't done that at all yet so i will try and do some of that during the weekend.

Thank god i have a day of next week. Overall, it's all good and i hope i can always cope with the workload !!

ReputationRep:
    nisha.sri i can relate...My new school is quite academically rigorous and they really push every single person to have extra curriculars on their timetables
    I'm getting used to the workload for biology slowly though
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.m.b)
    nisha.sri i can relate...My new school is quite academically rigorous and they really push every single person to have extra curriculars on their timetables
    I'm getting used to the workload for biology slowly though
    Yep my school is the same but they are literally like if you care about extra curriculars then you do it or not 😄 But they really do push you which is also a good thing 😌 Yeh same good luck x

ReputationRep:
    Update 08/09/16

So today I had my chemistry test it doesn't go towards anything so that's good and I got 15/20 would have got 16 if I didn't cross the right answer out 😡 Annoys me so much 😡 How clumsy can i get ? lol ?
    After school I've gone over what we did in maths and biology as well as that I've done both my biology and maths homework 😄 This is just a photograph that i took when i was doing my work So far sixth form is going alright but i need to sort my life out by buying folders and stuff ! Also i have a feeling that the workload is going to increase and increase every week

Attachment 578804
    I love study pics Glad it's going well for you xx
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophFlorence)
    I love study pics Glad it's going well for you xx
    Haha thank you 😄
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Update : Going over everything I did this week at school and I've finally ordered my textbooks 😂

I'm not the best at taking pics 😳 Name:  image.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  515.4 KB
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Looks like you're getting on great so far, keep it up!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NiamhM1801)
    Looks like you're getting on great so far, keep it up!
    Aw thank you Also how are you getting on ?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Update 18/09/16

So this weekend I've just been reviewing everything I've done at school. I've still got some biology diagrams and bits and bobs to memorise which I will do tomorrow after school and Tuesday when I have a day off. Thank god !! I've also got a maths exam to revise for which is next week 😜

I feel like all I do nowadays is just review everything that I've done at school and do some homework and it gets very repetitive ! So when my textbooks arrive I'm going to make mind maps for each big topic and not subtopics 😌
    I am not going to make any silly mistakes that I did last year for GCSE where I did mindmaps and stuff 2 months before the exam !! 🙄😖

Anyways hope you guys are having a good day so far ☺️

Adios pals 😄
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Update 18/09/16

So this weekend I've just been reviewing everything I've done at school. I've still got some biology diagrams and bits and bobs to memorise which I will do tomorrow after school and Tuesday when I have a day off. Thank god !! I've also got a maths exam to revise for which is next week 😜

I feel like all I do nowadays is just review everything that I've done at school and do some homework and it gets very repetitive ! So when my textbooks arrive I'm going to make mind maps for each big topic and not subtopics 😌
    I am not going to make any silly mistakes that I did last year for GCSE where I did mindmaps and stuff 2 months before the exam !! 🙄😖

Anyways hope you guys are having a good day so far ☺️

Adios pals 😄
    Hope all goes well with the notes also I love the cute little photos of your work lol

Submit reply
Updated: September 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.