The Unofficial TSR Libertarian Party

Announcements Posted on
TSR looking different to you this week? Find out why here. 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Momentarily we are quite active.

How well this works will also depend on how the decision making process is designed. Can one leader make party decisions alone? Do both leaders need to sign off on every little thing?

Thats up for grabs.
    What if you have it so that if both leaders are unable to sign off on it, then it falls to the deputy leader to co-sign with one leader. If the deputy leader is unwilling or not comfortable, then it waits for both leaders to be available to sign off? Might be a long winding way to do it but, it just means that everything is signed by two senior party members at least, as opposed to one ending up signing everything and potentially causing disagreements.

ReputationRep:
    Galaxie would have ultimate tely authority. He is the one who actually started this and I have no right in pushing him out, I'll gladly be deputy and help him and if he wants me to be leader I shall but ultimately the party line will be a collective decision and if it comes to me vs Galaxie then he has final say.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I'll keep that in mind. Momentarily we are quite active.

How well this works will also depend on how the decision making process is designed. Can one leader make party decisions alone? Do both leaders need to sign off on every little thing?

Thats up for grabs.
    I personally would suggest each dual leader is responsible for certain tasks. For example, one could be in charge of developing the subforum and carrying out the various admin tasks (there will be a lot of these) and one could be in charge of recruiting new members and creating a legislation programme. I would suggest one of you is Dual Leader A and the other is Dual Leader B. Your respective jobs should probably be written into the constitution to avoid conflicts and you can always amend it at a later date if you only want to have one leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I personally would suggest each dual leader is responsible for certain tasks. For example, one could be in charge of developing the subforum and carrying out the various admin tasks (there will be a lot of these) and one could be in charge of recruiting new members and creating a legislation programme. I would suggest one of you is Dual Leader A and the other is Dual Leader B. Your respective jobs should probably be written into the constitution to avoid conflicts and you can always amend it at a later date if you only want to have one leader.
    Such a shame you are in labour! No offence to labour because I respect them but damn we could have used someone like you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Don't act so shocked, I have been wanting to leave for a long time and after the recent drama I wanted a change. And calling me out in loyalty is a bit harsh considering how you stripped me of my seat for no valid reason
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Hellloooo!

I'd like to join!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Electrospective)
    Hellloooo!

I'd like to join!
    I'll add you to the list of preliminary supporters. Do you have some experience in the model house of commons?

ReputationRep:
    I'll add you to the list of preliminary supporters. Do you have some experience in the model house of commons?
    Nope.

But I can learn.

ReputationRep:
    Nope.

But I can learn.
    Thats good to hear. I have to learn about the House of Commons myself, so Im unfortunately not in the position to teach anyone - yet.

ReputationRep:
    Thats good to hear. I have to learn about the House of Commons myself, so Im unfortunately not in the position to teach anyone - yet.
    Okay. Let me know when the party is offish?

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Let me know when the party is offish?
    Sure. Are you interested in getting actively involved? Drop me a PM so we can talk about future bills. I plan on drafting all party proposals and bills in google docs.

One bill is waiting to be submitted - probably during the course of tommorow.

ReputationRep:
    Sure. Are you interested in getting actively involved? Drop me a PM so we can talk about future bills.

I plan on drafting all party proposals and bills in google docs.
    Yeah, sure. And okay, sounds good.

That's fine by me.

ReputationRep:
    Sign me up :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Important notice:
    All bills will be drafted in a community effort by party members using Google Docs. Google docs allows users to chat, comment and edit the document simultaneously.

If you are still interested and want to get involved with the party I would ask you to help out with future bills, documents and legislature. I would expect anyone who wants to become a future MP to be involved in at least one bill before we release it to the public.

PM me with your e-mail and I will give you fast access to the google docs sheet. If you do not feel comfortable using your main email then you can give me any old e-mail that you can access.

People interested in the party include:
    :FireFreezer77
    TercioOfParma
    similarBlank
    TitanCream
    AperfectBalance
    Insight314
    jake4198
    jimbles
    Electrospective
    Brahmin of Booty

ReputationRep:
    :eek: If you manage to get all of these new names involved in the MHoC I will be mightily impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    :eek: If you manage to get all of these new names involved in the MHoC I will be mightily impressed.
    Haha, I do hope to get at least half of these people to stay active. We've spent the last 2 days working on a bill. We're refining it at the moment and then we'll send it to you.

The details will be in the bill. It will be controversial for sure, but we look forward to submitting it.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I do hope to get at least half of these people to stay active. We've spent the last 2 days working on a bill. We're refining it at the moment and then we'll send it to you.

The details will be in the bill. It will be controversial for sure, but we look forward to submitting it.
    Don't forget you need an MP to sponsor the bill when you do submit it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Don't forget you need an MP to sponsor the bill when you do submit it.
    Yes Mr, we already have one. I understand that the MP who seconds the bill does not necessarily have to vote in favour of it, right?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Yes Mr, we already have one. I understand that the MP who seconds the bill does not necessarily have to vote in favour of it, right?

Cheers.
    Yes, that is correct.

ReputationRep:
    If you're accepting items from this party I presume that means you're authorising its creation?

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.