Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Some feminist are brainwashing younger people by saying women are oppressed by men. Men do not get up in the morning and think how whey can degrade women. Feminists are also saying only women have problems and women must make statements to men. Feminists make false statements and say offensive stuff to people and then wonder why people are against them. Men do not prefer masculine women. Feminists say women need to be more masculine and then say men can't behave like a women. Feminists want to get rid of gender roles but they do not realise that more than 99% of the population prefer to have gender roles. Everyone must follow feminism standards. Many women would rather look after the kids. Feminists saying women need to be more masculine and it is men's fault for making women feminam despite women being born that way. I feel sorry for women who have these negative thoughts going through their head. Feminists say men treat women badly by having a women model in the news paper but most magazines are for women and all of those magazines for women have naked men in. If women want a job then get one. We do not want to listen to your winging in public, TV, and media.

ReputationRep:
    There is still a place and a need for feminism whilst women are paid less than men in general, too many have lesser treatment at work, and there are such things as VAT on sanitary products. This should not be about men-hating but getting a better society where everyone is valued.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    There is still a place and a need for feminism whilst women are paid less than men in general, too many have lesser treatment at work, and there are such things as VAT on sanitary products. This should not be about men-hating but getting a better society where everyone is valued.
    They are paid less because of personal choice, working hours, field of study and the jobs they take.

ReputationRep:
    I support gender equality. So if I'm a feminist then by default I guess I'm a masculinist as well. I think women have their own issues like objectification, slut shaming & career but men do as well which should be equally highlighted & worked on as well. I appreciate feminist views as long as they're not extreme & still respect men also acknowledge our own issues that we have in society

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.