The Current Year 11 Thread Mark I (2016-2017)

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JTran38)
    Anyone got their National Insurance Number yet?
    - JTran38
    Yup! Got it a few weeks ago, but haven't used it at all since. At least it means we can go out and get a job!

Also I'm gonna make a new Skype account to join the group, since my current Skype account name is Cringey with a capital C.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gabzinc)
    Yup! Got it a few weeks ago, but haven't used it at all since. At least it means we can go out and get a job!

Also I'm gonna make a new Skype account to join the group, since my current Skype account name is Cringey with a capital C.
    Nice and please PM me.

ReputationRep:
    Only just noticed there's a new thread! Year 11 already? Time flies...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepewds_)
    Only just noticed there's a new thread! Year 11 already? Time flies...
    Really? Year 10 has dragged on a lot for me! :P

ReputationRep:
    Hey my names vin and I like sports and chilling out lol

Im taking 10 and a half GCSES:

AQA English Lit, Lang, RS and HPQ (already done)
    Edexcel Maths, History, Spanish
    OCR Computer Science, Chem, Phys, Bio

Im worried about exam season tbh, not sure how i'll do haha

Dont really have a fav subject but I enjoy chemistry, biology and history

I want to be a doctor :P

Anyone interested in setting up like a WhatsApp GC for like random y11 stuff aswell?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lemur14)
    What exam board are you on for business studies? Haven't found anyone on OCR with me yet!
    Ah I'm on AQA I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umar39)
    Hi Emily
    There are many people on this thread that would be more than willing to help you with mathematics, English or any other subject. Feel free to PM any other users (including myself) with any questions you may have.
    Yes, this will be the best Year 11 thread with the most motivated students.
    Thank you I'll defiantly take you up on that offer nearer the time of the exams 😂
    I am excited to have this thread for year 11 I think seeing everyone else motivated will help motivate me

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else doing the English speaking exam when you go back? I have it in the first week we go back and wondering how everyone's preparing for it.

Dreading all the coursework from September- December. I have to finish my geography, all three sciences, history and French writing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArkhamAsylum_)
    Hey I'm ArkhamAsylum_
    I'm currently 15 and turning 16 next August. I'm not looking forward to yr 11 at all cos of all the stress...
    Is anyone here doing OCR Gateway b triple science?
    Or have done any of the controlled assessments?
    Im doing OCR B triple aswell, starting chemistry coursework as soon as we get back to school how much have you revised over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Itsemziexoxo)
    Is anyone else doing the English speaking exam when you go back? I have it in the first week we go back and wondering how everyone's preparing for it.

Dreading all the coursework from September- December. I have to finish my geography, all three sciences, history and French writing.
    I've had mine. It was nothing really, I just spoke about a subject I was passionate about, without any real script, and got a distinction, along with most people in the class, with a few merits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vin57xd)
    Hey my names vin and I like sports and chilling out lol

Im taking 10 and a half GCSES:

AQA English Lit, Lang, RS and HPQ (already done)
    Edexcel Maths, History, Spanish
    OCR Computer Science, Chem, Phys, Bio

Im worried about exam season tbh, not sure how i'll do haha

Dont really have a fav subject but I enjoy chemistry, biology and history

I want to be a doctor :P

Anyone interested in setting up like a WhatsApp GC for like random y11 stuff aswell?
    Hi Vin :wavey:
    Welcome to the Current Year 11 thread!
    I am also interested in studying medicine and potentially becoming a doctor.
    Have you thought about A-Level options/Universities or am I worrying you?
    I don't think there is a Whatsapp group atm, but I think there is a Skype one. I would personally advise against a Whatsapp group because you will be exchanging sensitive and personal information (your phone number). This may not be the safest way to keep in touch with other Year 11's. I suggest you stick to TSR as it's safer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umar39)
    Hi Vin :wavey:
    Welcome to the Current Year 11 thread!
    I am also interested in studying medicine and potentially becoming a doctor.
    Have you thought about A-Level options/Universities or am I worrying you?
    I don't think there is a Whatsapp group atm, but I think there is a Skype one. I would personally advise against a Whatsapp group because you will be exchanging sensitive and personal information (your phone number). This may not be the safest way to keep in touch with other Year 11's. I suggest you stick to TSR as it's safer.
    Hey thats good! I think im going to take bio chem politics/histoy and maths but im not sure atm, and BSMS looks so nice how about you?

Oh yeah i forgot about that part :s stick to tsr and skype then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey thats good! I think im going to take bio chem politics/histoy and maths but im not sure atm, and BSMS looks so nice how about you?

Oh yeah i forgot about that part :s stick to tsr and skype then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I also want to do Politics as well

ReputationRep:
    I also want to do Politics as well
    Sick! I think it looks really interesting, dont know if the new spec will include the same topics but im hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sick! I think it looks really interesting, dont know if the new spec will include the same topics but im hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you look at AQA they've released a draft spec which Ofqual needs to approve. Also expect a PM from me any moment now.

ReputationRep:
    If you look at AQA they've released a draft spec which Ofqual needs to approve. Also expect a PM from me any moment now.
    Will do and cool

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yay a new thread for us hey everyone

I'm Ben, I like video games, guitar, skateboarding, movies, and golf.
    I'm taking twelve GCSEs.
    Triple science, History, Geography, French, etc, all AQA except Maths (Edexcel) and French (WJEC.)
    Really worried about the new GCSEs and already stressing about year 11.
    Fav subject is chemistry. Orrrr maybe history. Not sure.
    NO idea what i want to do in the future.

Will try and stay active here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _b_e_n_)
    Yay a new thread for us hey everyone

I'm Ben, I like video games, guitar, skateboarding, movies, and golf.
    I'm taking twelve GCSEs.
    Triple science, History, Geography, French, etc, all AQA except Maths (Edexcel) and French (WJEC.)
    Really worried about the new GCSEs and already stressing about year 11.
    Fav subject is chemistry. Orrrr maybe history. Not sure.
    NO idea what i want to do in the future.

Will try and stay active here.
    Hello Ben!

Is there any reason why you're stressed about Year 11? Or is it just general nerves caused by the uncertainty?

You still have ages to decide what you want to do! Although, I'd definitely recommend having an idea of what degree you want to study/what job you wish to get when considering your post-16 options, whether it be A-levels, BTECs, or otherwise

ReputationRep:
    Because I did pretty badly in the mocks... Also the teachers have been stressing us about the new GCSEs, they're really hard apparently..

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm Casey I've got a bit of a range of hobbies and interests, but they mainly lie in psychology and physics/astronomy/aerospace. I've been to a smallpiece course in the past regarding aerospace and I also attended SSUK at the beginning of this summer which was an amazing experience - I'm going for seniors next year. I'm doing an internship at 7cups with is 8 weeks long and am currently on the 5th week. I generally like helping and volunteering, as my internship + my volunteering takes up about 14/15 hours a week currently (my internship is 10 hours pw).

- English & english lit (AQA), maths(edexcel), computer science (self-study, OCR), triple science (AQA), DT (AQA), German (Edexcel), History (OCR)

- Hell yes I'm ready for GCSE's. Bring it on :P

- I don't have a favourite subject. I'm into everything, really, and it can change a lot.

- I used to be very focused on going somewhere in the realms of physics/astronomy/astrophysics or engineering in that area, but through doing my internship I've discovered that I'm actually an incredible listener and have already been acknowledged by their appreciation team for my incredible reviews and ratings. The fact that I've been able to change people's lives has meant a great deal, which is why I'm now inbetween the two. My A-Levels will be something along the lines of maths, physics, dt/engineering and psychology.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.