The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hey my names vin and I like sports and chilling out lol

Im taking 10 and a half GCSES:

AQA English Lit, Lang, RS and HPQ (already done)
Edexcel Maths, History, Spanish
OCR Computer Science, Chem, Phys, Bio

Im worried about exam season tbh, not sure how i'll do haha

Dont really have a fav subject but I enjoy chemistry, biology and history

I want to be a doctor :P

Anyone interested in setting up like a WhatsApp GC for like random y11 stuff aswell? :smile:
Original post by Lemur14
What exam board are you on for business studies? Haven't found anyone on OCR with me yet!

Ah I'm on AQA I believe
Original post by umar39
Hi Emily :smile:
There are many people on this thread that would be more than willing to help you with mathematics, English or any other subject. Feel free to PM any other users (including myself) with any questions you may have.
Yes, this will be the best Year 11 thread with the most motivated students. :biggrin:

Thank you I'll defiantly take you up on that offer nearer the time of the exams 😂
I am excited to have this thread for year 11 I think seeing everyone else motivated will help motivate me
Is anyone else doing the English speaking exam when you go back? I have it in the first week we go back and wondering how everyone's preparing for it.

Dreading all the coursework from September- December. I have to finish my geography, all three sciences, history and French writing.
Original post by ArkhamAsylum_
Hey I'm ArkhamAsylum_
I'm currently 15 and turning 16 next August. I'm not looking forward to yr 11 at all cos of all the stress...:frown:
Is anyone here doing OCR Gateway b triple science?
Or have done any of the controlled assessments?

Im doing OCR B triple aswell, starting chemistry coursework as soon as we get back to school :frown: how much have you revised over the summer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Itsemziexoxo
Is anyone else doing the English speaking exam when you go back? I have it in the first week we go back and wondering how everyone's preparing for it.

Dreading all the coursework from September- December. I have to finish my geography, all three sciences, history and French writing.

I've had mine. It was nothing really, I just spoke about a subject I was passionate about, without any real script, and got a distinction, along with most people in the class, with a few merits.
Original post by Vin57xd
Hey my names vin and I like sports and chilling out lol

Im taking 10 and a half GCSES:

AQA English Lit, Lang, RS and HPQ (already done)
Edexcel Maths, History, Spanish
OCR Computer Science, Chem, Phys, Bio

Im worried about exam season tbh, not sure how i'll do haha

Dont really have a fav subject but I enjoy chemistry, biology and history

I want to be a doctor :P

Anyone interested in setting up like a WhatsApp GC for like random y11 stuff aswell? :smile:

Hi Vin :wavey:
Welcome to the Current Year 11 thread!
I am also interested in studying medicine and potentially becoming a doctor. :biggrin:
Have you thought about A-Level options/Universities or am I worrying you? :tongue:
I don't think there is a Whatsapp group atm, but I think there is a Skype one. I would personally advise against a Whatsapp group because you will be exchanging sensitive and personal information (your phone number). This may not be the safest way to keep in touch with other Year 11's. I suggest you stick to TSR as it's safer. :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by umar39
Hi Vin :wavey:
Welcome to the Current Year 11 thread!
I am also interested in studying medicine and potentially becoming a doctor. :biggrin:
Have you thought about A-Level options/Universities or am I worrying you? :tongue:
I don't think there is a Whatsapp group atm, but I think there is a Skype one. I would personally advise against a Whatsapp group because you will be exchanging sensitive and personal information (your phone number). This may not be the safest way to keep in touch with other Year 11's. I suggest you stick to TSR as it's safer. :smile:

Hey thats good! I think im going to take bio chem politics/histoy and maths but im not sure atm, and BSMS looks so nice :redface: how about you?

Oh yeah i forgot about that part :s stick to tsr and skype then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 128
Original post by Vin57xd
Hey thats good! I think im going to take bio chem politics/histoy and maths but im not sure atm, and BSMS looks so nice :redface: how about you?

Oh yeah i forgot about that part :s stick to tsr and skype then aha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I also want to do Politics as well :biggrin:
Original post by JTran38
I also want to do Politics as well :biggrin:

Sick! I think it looks really interesting, dont know if the new spec will include the same topics but im hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 130
Original post by Vin57xd
Sick! I think it looks really interesting, dont know if the new spec will include the same topics but im hoping so

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you look at AQA they've released a draft spec which Ofqual needs to approve. Also expect a PM from me any moment now.
Original post by JTran38
If you look at AQA they've released a draft spec which Ofqual needs to approve. Also expect a PM from me any moment now.

Will do and cool :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yay a new thread for us :smile: hey everyone :h:

I'm Ben, I like video games, guitar, skateboarding, movies, and golf.
I'm taking twelve GCSEs.
Triple science, History, Geography, French, etc, all AQA except Maths (Edexcel) and French (WJEC.)
Really worried about the new GCSEs and already stressing about year 11.
Fav subject is chemistry. Orrrr maybe history. Not sure.
NO idea what i want to do in the future. :smile:

Will try and stay active here.
Original post by _b_e_n_

I'm taking twelve GCSEs.
Triple science, History, Geography, French, etc, all AQA except Maths (Edexcel) and French (WJEC.)

Hello Ben!

Is there any reason why you're stressed about Year 11? Or is it just general nerves caused by the uncertainty?

You still have ages to decide what you want to do! Although, I'd definitely recommend having an idea of what degree you want to study/what job you wish to get when considering your post-16 options, whether it be A-levels, BTECs, or otherwise :wink:
Because I did pretty badly in the mocks... :redface: Also the teachers have been stressing us about the new GCSEs, they're really hard apparently.. :frown:
Hi I'm Casey :smile: I've got a bit of a range of hobbies and interests, but they mainly lie in psychology and physics/astronomy/aerospace. I've been to a smallpiece course in the past regarding aerospace and I also attended SSUK at the beginning of this summer which was an amazing experience - I'm going for seniors next year. I'm doing an internship at 7cups with is 8 weeks long and am currently on the 5th week. I generally like helping and volunteering, as my internship + my volunteering takes up about 14/15 hours a week currently (my internship is 10 hours pw). :smile:

- English & english lit (AQA), maths(edexcel), computer science (self-study, OCR), triple science (AQA), DT (AQA), German (Edexcel), History (OCR)

- Hell yes I'm ready for GCSE's. Bring it on :P

- I don't have a favourite subject. I'm into everything, really, and it can change a lot.

- I used to be very focused on going somewhere in the realms of physics/astronomy/astrophysics or engineering in that area, but through doing my internship I've discovered that I'm actually an incredible listener and have already been acknowledged by their appreciation team for my incredible reviews and ratings. The fact that I've been able to change people's lives has meant a great deal, which is why I'm now inbetween the two. My A-Levels will be something along the lines of maths, physics, dt/engineering and psychology.
Original post by _b_e_n_

I'm taking twelve GCSEs.

I guess I'm already stressing for y11 too, just walking past WHSmith and seeing the 'Back to school' range terrifies me.. but I'm ready for it :biggrin:

What video games? :smile:
Original post by _b_e_n_
Because I did pretty badly in the mocks... :redface: Also the teachers have been stressing us about the new GCSEs, they're really hard apparently.. :frown:

Don't be disheartened! I'm sure with work that you can pull everything back. They are harder, but remember, they're harder for everyone, which means that the grade boundaries will be lower, so don't worry too much. You still have a while to prepare, and a while until you actually do your final exams! :smile:
Original post by caseynh
Hi I'm Casey :smile: I've got a bit of a range of hobbies and interests, but they mainly lie in psychology and physics/astronomy/aerospace. I've been to a smallpiece course in the past regarding aerospace and I also attended SSUK at the beginning of this summer which was an amazing experience - I'm going for seniors next year. I'm doing an internship at 7cups with is 8 weeks long and am currently on the 5th week. I generally like helping and volunteering, as my internship + my volunteering takes up about 14/15 hours a week currently (my internship is 10 hours pw). :smile:

- English & english lit (AQA), maths(edexcel), computer science (self-study, OCR), triple science (AQA), DT (AQA), German (Edexcel), History (OCR)

- Hell yes I'm ready for GCSE's. Bring it on :P

- I don't have a favourite subject. I'm into everything, really, and it can change a lot.

- I used to be very focused on going somewhere in the realms of physics/astronomy/astrophysics or engineering in that area, but through doing my internship I've discovered that I'm actually an incredible listener and have already been acknowledged by their appreciation team for my incredible reviews and ratings. The fact that I've been able to change people's lives has meant a great deal, which is why I'm now inbetween the two. My A-Levels will be something along the lines of maths, physics, dt/engineering and psychology.

Hi Casey!

I see you're very enthusiastic, that will definitely work in your favour! That does sound like a sensible combination for aerospace engineering, mainly the Physics and Maths, and I bid you well in studying them and getting into the course/uni of your dreams! :biggrin:
Original post by _gcx
Hi Casey!

I see you're very enthusiastic, that will definitely work in your favour! That does sound like a sensible combination for aerospace engineering, mainly the Physics and Maths, and I bid you well in studying them and getting into the course/uni of your dreams! :biggrin:

Yes I am! I'm a very "future" kind of person - sorry if that doesn't make any sense, but all I can think about is what I want to do and it all means a great deal to me.

I've got a good idea of what I'm doing about uni, but my biggest problem is sixth form right now. I live in greater London and I'm going to be sending out applications for state school sixth forms in central London this Autumn, but as it's quite competitive, I feel so incredibly stuck with my options right now. I definately don't want to stay at my school right now even though it's quite high-performing. Ugh struggles.

Note: What I meant about the competitiveness was that I moved from Sweden to the UK a couple of years ago and received some very bad predictive grades overall as I struggled a lot. That's why I feel like it would be impossible for me to have a realistic chance.
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest