The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thanks for that thread. It was really helpful and the link for the grade boundaries was a relief for me.
Original post by Waveyalex
these edexcel maths boundaries are the highest theyve ever been do they just want to mess us all up

That's not what they're trying to do at all. Likely you guys just scored higher marks than you expected on that paper.
Original post by AmyC_
When will the CCEA and AQA grade boundaries be up? :smile:

I don't think CCEA will release their boundaries, but AQA are up already. Have a look at the first post of this thread for AQAs boundaries.*
When will cie release their boundries?
Original post by usycool1
That's not what they're trying to do at all. Likely you guys just scored higher marks than you expected on that paper.

my skl did say I can get onto A level Maths if im close to the A grade boundary but still an A was more prefferable to get now edexcel go and f*** me up
i cried :frown: for maths. to get a B its 105 compared to last year being 96. i am so scared
Why are maths grade boundaries so high!
Does anyone know when CIE IGCSE English boundaries will be released?
are all ccea grade boundaries for every subject 90% = a*, 80%=a 70%=b and so on?

They're the UMS boundaries - they're always the same.
Don't worry too much about high grade boundaries on some of your exams guys.

They change them according to the difficulty of the paper and how students performed on the exam. They try and keep it so roughly the same proportion of students each year will get a certain grade, so if you've been getting A*'s in Maths papers, you should get an A* this time round.
With Edexcel, as well, with my GCSE's and AS levels I've always found the marks to be fair and actually postitive: examiners do their best to credit your answers and award you rather than penalise you which may lead to you doing better than expected.
As @usycool said, I've always preffered more challenging exams: you always do better than you thought you did, and often silly mistakes don't have such a big impact on your overall grade.
Does anyone know what boundary betec subjects will be in
Reply 133
Original post by pollyannaedwards
Does anyone know when CIE IGCSE English boundaries will be released?

CIE have already released their results, we received ours last friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
you're not the only one, I've had weird nightmares about the results day all week!
Original post by MaccaWare
Why are maths grade boundaries so high!

I know right! I was hoping for an A*, now I am not so sure if I will get an A!
Honestly like I'm not even shook at all I'm just wondering who the **** runs edexcel and where they live but like I'm not even stressin it's chill:smile:
Why are the boundaries so high this year?
Original post by Mez.
I'm so nervous

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do well and even if they don't go so well, you still have A levels to do which universities mainly look at :smile:
Original post by IsaacVB
Don't worry, I'm sure you'll do well and even if they don't go so well, you still have A levels to do which universities mainly look at :smile:

Besides what really matters at GCSE is to get a pass in Maths & English most of the time.

Latest