Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British woman stabbed to death by knifeman ‘chanting Allahu Akbar’ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    Because denying that the Qu'ran plays a part in this has helped too, hasn't it? :rolleyes:

How can you be so blind? Other parts of the globe have experienced conflict, war, political oppression etc yet I've yet to see North Koreans forming terrorist groups en masse. If muslims are persecuting each other and other faiths it is because it's in the Qu'ran to do so. I don't understand how you can not see that?
    No one's denying Islam/ the Quran's involvement, but its not worth blaming. When in history has attacking a brutal ideology actually stopped sympathy for this ideology?

Link to me this Christian civil unrest and I will gladly explain how it massively differs from the situation in the middle east.

Islam isn't the sole factor which motivates these things to happen, otherwise surely the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide would have no reason not to just embark on the same path as ISIS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Anders Breivik is one example several years back, the recent Munich shooting was another, the attempted Euro 2016 attacks which were thwarted is another, the attempted Rio 2016 Olympics attacks which were also stopped,
    Are you high?
    Apart from Brevik, all those involved Muslims!

arguably all of the shootings in the USA such as those done by Elliot Rodger, Chris Harper Mercer, Adam Lanza, etc - were all attacks intended on invoking terror.
    None of the perpetrators cited any kind of political or religious agenda or affiliation to any group.

Furthermore we have this insightful report on how 'rightwing lone-wolves kill more people than Islamic terror' https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...thinktank-rusi
    How very dishonest of you! It actually says ...
    "Rightwing 'lone wolves' kill more than Islamic terrorists acting alone, says report"

Ignoring all this still, the CIA produced a report saying that between 1980 and 2005, Muslims only accounted for 6% of terrorist incidents.
    I've already explained why this is disingenuous at best. It covers a period mainly before the rise of Islamist terrorism, and many of the incidents are vandalism by anumal rights and pro-lifers.
    Yet you continue to use it, despite knowing that it does not show what you claim it shows.
    More dishonesty.
    I really don't understand why you are prepared to repeatedly and obviously lie to defend Islamist extremism?

Current figures show that Islamist attacks in the US now account for about 50%, and the vast majority of those killed by terrorist attacks are killed by Islamists.

Are you going to respond to my evidence of alienating foreigners, which you tactically ignored? And pretend that my argument is crumbling by choosing what to respond to out of spite? I am curious if your poor academics are a source of your hatred for immigrants and/or Islam.
    We all know that you will not respond to my complete dismantling of your "argument".

ReputationRep:
    Islam is responsible to an extent, but its not worth criticising.
    well, this is the new gold standard in islamoapologetics : yes, Islam is responsible, but it should not be criticised (because Muslims would be offended)

do you think we are doing our Muslim friends and co-citizens any favours by this global, a priori whitewash ? think again

ILook up a list of Islamic terror attacks, do you think its a coincidence that wikipedia has not included many of the mass stabbings, akin to, or far worse than this??
    why are you taking wikipedia as the ultimate reference in this matter ? every time I quoted wikipedia in my discussions with Muslims, I was told that it's controlled by Zionists...

more seriously, wikipedia articles do vary hugely with regard to accuracy, updates, definitions etc etc

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyer3c)
    Terrible news.

Do people think that by vilifying muslims these attacks will become less, or more frequent? Just curious.
    Who is "vilifying Muslims"?
    And will raising awareness of the issues, motives and justifications surrounding such attacks reduce the risk of them?
    Possibly, possibly not.
    Are you suggesting that we should suppress this information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    well, this is the new gold standard in islamoapologetics : yes, Islam is responsible, but it should not be criticised (because Muslims would be offended)

do you think we are doing our Muslim friends and co-citizens any favours by this global, a priori whitewash ? think again

why are you taking wikipedia as the ultimate reference in this matter ? every time I quoted wikipedia in my discussions with Muslims, I was told that it's controlled by Zionists...

more seriously, wikipedia articles do vary hugely with regard to accuracy, updates, definitions etc etc

best
    I'm getting sick of you twisting my words like an idiot.

Come back when you're willing to respond constructively without your childish impulsive smears on what I'm saying

ReputationRep:
    No one's denying Islam/ the Quran's involvement, but its not worth blaming. When in history has attacking a brutal ideology actually stopped sympathy for this ideology?
    well, just to quote an example, attacking communism both on its faulty theories and on its abysmal record has most surely weakened it

Communist leaders were very sensitive to this, and invested hugely in propaganda, including in Western States

ReputationRep:
    These terrorists justify achieving their political aims through parts of the Quran.
    Finally. We agree.

So why have you been claiming for days that Islamist extremism and Islamist sectarianism has nothing to do with Islam?

Islamism: a popular reform movement advocating the reordering of government and society in accordance with laws prescribed by Islam - (Merriam-Webster)

In other words, acieving their political aims.

Hope this has helped.

ReputationRep:
    I'm getting sick of you twisting my words like an idiot.

Come back when you're willing to respond constructively without your childish impulsive smears on what I'm saying
    come back when you will have learned to avoid insults which are only an indication about your desperation

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    come back when you will have learned to avoid insults which are only an indication about your desperation

best
    cries about insults
    insults in the very same sentence

welcome to my block list, I've wasted far too much time on you, go ahead and pretend that its me chickening out, its me not wanting to waste time with someone who takes my words and twists them, and avoids the point

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Islamic terrorism. Yelling "allahu ackbar" is a device used by these sorts of disturbed individuals specifically to trigger people like you into thinking its an organised terror attack, when in fact its just one person stabbing someone - something anyone can do.

Not forgetting "We don't have any motive at this stage," said Detective Superintendent Ray Rohweder on Twitter.
    Your delusions have reached new heights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wōden)
    Your delusions have reached new heights.
    our minds can concoct all sorts of scenarios when we don't want to believe something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by otah007)
    Source please? Chapter and verse? As well as the name of the translator (I assume you're not reading it in the original Arabic). I'm sick and tired of people repeating the same bull over and over again without any evidence. Oh, and before you reply to this with the first thing that comes up in a Google search, I can already predict which verse you're going to pick and I've already got my 'out of context' answer ready.
    There are several, but possibly the most explicit is 9:5. Here is a link to several of the most popular translations.

Now, please don't claim context, historical specificity, application, reason for relelation or whatever.
    You asked for a verse from the Quran that calls for the killing of non-believers, and that is what 9:5 absolutely does. Explicitly. Moreover, it states that their lives will be spared if they submit to Islam, so no doubt as to why they are being hunted and killed.

It may not be applicable today, but it was certainly applicable at the time it was written, so in that context it is calling for the killing of disbelievers.
    QED

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone here name many Islamic countries that are democratic and respect human rights?

If you cant name any does that not tell you something?

ReputationRep:
    cries about insults

welcome to my block list, I've wasted far too much time on you, go ahead and pretend that its me chickening out, its me not wanting to waste time with someone who takes my words and twists them, and avoids the point
    The infamous block list strikes again! As much a crowd pleaser as the notrious "but 1.6bn peaceful Muslims" knock out blow.

Btw last time I checked, calling someone a **** or an idiot or an ******* is "insulting". Calling someone desperate is a description of someone's behavior. But hey, you love Islam, the religion that is so easily offended. No wonder you would take offence.

ReputationRep:
    It's not about the number of people killed,
    But you said ..."stabbing one person isn't terrorism".

Do you remember what you have said from one minute to the next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nosler)
    Can anyone here name many Islamic countries that are democratic and respect human rights?

If you cant name any does that not tell you something?
    No country respects human rights.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    our minds can concoct all sorts of scenarios when we don't want to believe something
    Oh yes. Thank you for being the perfect example of this, over and over in thread after thread.

ReputationRep:
    Islam isn't the sole factor which motivates these things to happen, otherwise surely the 1.6 billion Muslims worldwide would have no reason not to just embark on the same path as ISIS?
    I've read your "Islam is good because not every single Muslim beheads infidels" argument many times.

In 1930's Germany not every single German was a hardcore Nazis. However the minority forced the majority to do some terrible things...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nosler)
    I've read your "Islam is good because not every single Muslim beheads infidels" argument many times.

In 1930's Germany not every single German was a hardcore Nazis. However the minority forced the majority to do some terrible things...
    You misunderstood the argument

The argument is that the EXCESSIVE MAJORITY, ie 1.6 billion + Muslims, don't do it

with Nazism, the ratio isn't quite so absolute

which regular are you an alt of, may I ask?

ReputationRep:
    cries about insults

and this, from someone who entirely made up a quote by me (even putting it between brackets) and when asked to produce my words, failed to do so, and then failed to acknowledge his/her misdeed, and to apologize...

oh, well, no problem : it is, of course, more alevel's loss than mine

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.