jamestg's journey to A*AA

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    Well considering his predicted grades are A*A*A I wouldn't say it's very cocky at all.
    Predicted grade inflation. All it takes is one nasty C3 paper and GovPol 180 ums in a2 is pretty difficult. §

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by citibankrec)
    Don't be so cocky, This could come back to bite you in the arse come August.
    I was being sarcastic

(but I can see why you thought I was being cocky)

ReputationRep:
    Predicted grade inflation. All it takes is one nasty C3 paper and GovPol 180 ums in a2 is pretty difficult. §
    Okay that comes across as bitter.

But yes, all it takes is one nasty core paper for maths and 180/200 for politics is difficult. Hence why Surrey is an excellent choice, as I would need 74/100 in all of my modular exams and an A in history. However, I've read how many people manage to get in with AAB at Surrey so I may even be able to get a B in all of my exams - but I won't count my chickens so I'll continue to work hard and aim (most likely) for A*AA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Okay that comes across as bitter.

But yes, all it takes is one nasty core paper for maths and 180/200 for politics is difficult. Hence why Surrey is an excellent choice, as I would need 74/100 in all of my modular exams and an A in history. However, I've read how many people manage to get in with AAB at Surrey so I may even be able to get a B in all of my exams - but I won't count my chickens so I'll continue to work hard and aim (most likely) for A*AA.
    Yeah, sorry about that. Just don't get complacent

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, sorry about that. Just don't get complacent
    Trust me, I won't get complacent.

It's happened to me before and it will never happen again. (7A*s, 4As GCSE mocks to 1A*, 5As and 5Bs in the real thing)

ReputationRep:
    Glad you finally got the predictions you deserved!! And congrats on your Surrey offer, I got my QMUL one today too

ReputationRep:
    Lol, why do people argue over someone's comment. Always happens to me I hate it lol.
    citibankrec is absolutely right and I felt the same way but obviously I know James won't be complacent hence why I never said anything serious . He's right because the tables can turn anytime and predictions don't mean anything really. You can be predicted A* A* A* and end up with 3 Bs and vice versa, happened to me at GCSE lol but my predictions were based on me not revising, so it's a different story.

Nevertheless, good luck James and keep updating us on your progress! All I know is James' job is to beat his target grades xD and then maybe he can go to his firm .

ReputationRep:
    Hi James

Did you put PwC flying start into the employment section of UCAS or not?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    Hi James

Did you put PwC flying start into the employment section of UCAS or not?

Cheers
    Yep!

ReputationRep:
    Yep!
    Cheers!

ReputationRep:
    I need to increase productivity with this thread, so at the beginning of each day I'll list some tasks I need to get done and hopefully I'll get back to you when they're all done.

So today:
    x2 MAT papers
    x10 TSA problem solving questions (little and often lol)
    C3 differentiation revision
    S1 revision
    Politics homework
    History homework

ReputationRep:
    I need to increase productivity with this thread, so at the beginning of each day I'll list some tasks I need to get done and hopefully I'll get back to you when they're all done.

So today:
    x2 MAT papers
    x10 TSA problem solving questions (little and often lol)
    S1 revision
    Politics homework
    History homework
    Woah that's like 4-5 hours of work or more lol. Good luck, btw why MAT papers?

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck, I know exactly how you feel with regards to GCSEs because I was identically in getting complacent.

ReputationRep:
    Success!

I completed everything but:
    10 TSA questions

I'll just do a few more TSA questions tomorrow and I'll do the c3 revision over the half term!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NMcG)
    Best of luck, I know exactly how you feel with regards to GCSEs because I was identically in getting complacent.
    Thank you! There's nothing worse than doing badly when it matters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chittesh14)
    Woah that's like 4-5 hours of work or more lol. Good luck, btw why MAT papers?
    Yep

The Econ admissions test has an advanced maths section and the questions are very similar to the multiple choice section of the MAT. I'm not doing too badly, roughly 50-60% correct each time which is what Cambridge expect us to get in the real thing. I mean it would be nice to get 70-80%, and I might even get that considering I'm doing these questions without AS revision which is what they recommend.

ReputationRep:
    Yep

The Econ admissions test has an advanced maths section and the questions are very similar to the multiple choice section of the MAT. I'm not doing too badly, roughly 50-60% correct each time which is what Cambridge expect us to get in the real thing. I mean it would be nice to get 70-80%, and I might even get that considering I'm doing these questions without AS revision which is what they recommend.
    Nice, seems quite good. If you're getting 50 - 60% on MAT you're strong asf lol. Anyway, good luck and keep working lol I just burn out after 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    Today:
    - maths prep
    - TSA questions
    - politics catch-up
    - history catch-up
    - maybe some C3 revision if I have time

ReputationRep:
    Just want this term to be over so I can look back through all of my work from the term and actually realise I know stuff hahahahaha!

ReputationRep:
    Just want this term to be over so I can look back through all of my work from the term and actually realise I know stuff hahahahaha!
    Lol. Banter.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 8, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.