Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Movies you hated but critics loved

ReputationRep:
    pulp fiction

I like tarantino but this one just didn't appeal to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I am Kira)
    I'm not talking about popular movies here but movies which won awards, Oscars and revieved high ratings on rotten tomatoes or imdb

For me its the one who flew over the cuckoos nest
    It was a complete bore fest, I actually don't mind slow paced movies but I felt like nothing significant happened on the movie
    The main character was an a hole and people say the movie was meant to be symbolic of male oppression but it was so boring uninteresting and I didn't enjoy it one bit
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    For me it's the "Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind", has two of my favourite actors in it but I was so disappointed. I found it confusing and I couldn't appreciate the deeper meaning the director was trying to get at.

ReputationRep:
    Drive
    The Godfather Part 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    pulp fiction

Took the words right out of my mouth.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    zoolander, they loved it so much that they released another this year, its such an annoying movie havnt even seen the 2nd. why would they make a 2nd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    Lol I was just gonna ask: where were her trousers...and the dialogue...and the plot...
    What plot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eternaforest)
    pulp fiction

:mob:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, to add onto Spirited Away, Birdman and Trainspotting

I've tried to watch The Godfather twice and gave up both times after 20/30 mins. Didn't hook me at all.

Also just remembered Ghostbusters (the original), really didn't like that film at all.

And lastly, Don Jon. I like JGL but written, directed by and starring him, just seemed like an excuse to bang Scarlett Johansen all day tbh... which is fair enough but didn't enjoy the movie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)

I've tried to watch The Godfather twice and gave up both times after 20/30 mins. Didn't hook me at all.

Also just remembered Ghostbusters (the original), really didn't like that film at all.

And lastly, Don Jon. I like JGL but written, directed by and starring him, just seemed like an excuse to bang Scarlett Johansen all day tbh... which is fair enough but didn't enjoy the movie.
    no one cares

ReputationRep:
    no one cares
    Ah interesting, thought that was the point of the thread. My bad.

You cared last time you replied to me in this thread though?

ReputationRep:
    The Lego Movie.

ReputationRep:
    Boyhood, well made but i found it quite long and dreary. Also The Hateful Eight, felt a bit neither here or there for that one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deyesy)
    What plot?
    honestly...I think that's why it only won for like best director and effects and stuff...

Alfonso Cuaron is a master director at this point must say.

Harry Potter 3, he helped with Pan's Labyrinth, he did a Little Princess remake in 1995 I think which really outdid how lame any of those broadway film adaptations were made about little girls like Annie, Secret Garden, the other Little Princess films, some Shirley Temple stuff etc.

http://putlocker.is/watch-a-little-p...putlocker.html

just look at the 1st 2 minutes of this...his use of colour, his pace, his choice of soundtrack...he gave a ****.

He just knows how to "go there." Even I watch this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    Deluded
    I wouldn't say it was completely deluded. Have you not seen him in Bronson and/or Legend, both were genius.

I couldn't pick between the two though. Both continue to make top films.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)

I LOVE spirited away, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy do you not like it???

As for Don Jon, couldn't agree more, I felt like I needed to have a shower after watching that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.bob)
    I cant even fathom that somebody could dislike the godfather part 1
    I watched that film first time when I was 13 or something, and although I had to cover my eyes for all the bloody stabbing parts, I absolutely fell in love with that film...and the soundtrack...I made it my phone alarm looool

ReputationRep:
    50- shades of grey

ReputationRep:
    Finding Dory. Very overrated as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think Citizen Kane is a bad film but it is hugely overrated. It just isn't that good. Rosebud yeah we get it so what. it's trying to be cleverer than it is and using movie techniques? We get it you did some clever movie stuff but it really is not that well written or that great a plot.

That said worse movie I ever saw that was meant to be good was The Blair Witch Project, that film was so bad so ultimately boring and not scary that I almost fell asleep.

ReputationRep:
    He tries too hard mate. End of.
    Damon is better than him and thats saying a lot.

He wasnt good in Wolf either. He is just baby faced and timid with his acting and so he overdoes the crying, the screaming...hence why gifs were made to mock those same scenes...

just google "leonardo di caprio crying gif"
    "leonardo di caprio screaming gif"
    they show how extra he is with his emotions lool begging for oscars.
    I don't agree that Di Caprio is anywhere near the best actor the generation but when you say ****ing Matt Damon is better and ask where Johnny Depp's awards are then I've got to question if you're either trolling or stupid.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply
Updated: October 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.