Declaring Grades on UCAS FAQ

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dalek97)
    On my results piece of paper my Edexcel AS Maths didn't have an overall grade at the top, only the module results. It works out as an A if you average across but I'm not sure how I put this on UCAS?
    It sounds like your exam centre did not certify your AS modules as an AS qualification.

If this is the case then you shouldn't list AS maths grade - but you can put your complete AS modules against a pending overall A level maths grade.

Speak to your exams officer to be certain whether your AS result was certified or not.

ReputationRep:
    Of I am retaking a module do i have to show this on UCAS, if so how do I do it?

Also because I resat the year at AS and took different A levels do I have to declare my first AS results? My form tutor told me not to

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've done A level maths a year earlier what should I enter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostrider)
    Of I am retaking a module do i have to show this on UCAS, if so how do I do it?

Also because I resat the year at AS and took different A levels do I have to declare my first AS results? My form tutor told me not to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by lai812matthew)
    I've done A level maths a year earlier what should I enter?
    This is all explained in the first post of this thread.

If your teachers are saying you don't have to declare results point them towards the first post of this thread (which links to clear instructions from UCAS stating that you do have to)

ReputationRep:
    At my school if we resit a module of AS, the whole grade becomes pending. Does this mean the uni won't find out what we got overall at AS (even if its an entry requirement)? Also, with predicted grades, if its far from the AS result but the AS is pending, does that matter?
    Just a few q's to make sure I'm filling the application out right because I don't think I am

ReputationRep:
    So I've completed my A2s (Maths, Chem, Physics), I sat an AS this year (Further Maths) and I did an AS which I dropped in y12 (English). Do I add A2 Maths, A2 Chem, A2 Physics, AS Further Maths and AS English, or do I have to add the AS's associated with my A2's too? The UCAS facebook page helpers just redirected me to this page http://www.ucasonline.blogspot.co.uk...el/AS%20Levels which didn't answer my question really

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarcastic-sal)
    So I've completed my A2s (Maths, Chem, Physics), I sat an AS this year (Further Maths) and I did an AS which I dropped in y12 (English). Do I add A2 Maths, A2 Chem, A2 Physics, AS Further Maths and AS English, or do I have to add the AS's associated with my A2's too? The UCAS facebook page helpers just redirected me to this page http://www.ucasonline.blogspot.co.uk...el/AS%20Levels which didn't answer my question really
    If your ASs where certified then you have to list them even if you continued to A level.

ReputationRep:
    No doubt this questions already been asked, but I couldn't see an answer anywhere. In 2014 I re-sat a GCSE English language exam (40% of qualification), and my overall grade went up from a C to an A. Do I have to declare both grades, even though I didn't re-sit the whole GCSE and there is no way of specifying how many exams I re-sat? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    If you got a remark and your grade changed do you put in the new grade or the old grade? Or is it like a resit where you put both?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernerdural)
    If you got a remark and your grade changed do you put in the new grade or the old grade? Or is it like a resit where you put both?
    You only put the final grade awarded (which is why remarks are risky - the grade might go up or down).

ReputationRep:
    If I did the IB DP, do I also have to put in my MYP grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whoskal)
    If I did the IB DP, do I also have to put in my MYP grades?
    If the Middle Years Programme is equivalent to GCSE and the Diploma Programme to A-levels, then yes, you should dclare the MYP grades

ReputationRep:
    Does your school put in predicted grades for A2, and you just put the subjects with the grade as 'pending'. Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NOP97)
    Does your school put in predicted grades for A2, and you just put the subjects with the grade as 'pending'. Right?
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    My school submitted my Ucas yesterday, and I had put all my module grades in. I plan to resit a biology paper to try to get my UMS to A * standard. I am also considering resitting a chem module. My school told me I didn't have to enter the modules as pending as I am not totally sure what I am resitting and that you only put pending if you are resitting the whole AS and it will change the grade. I have just read somnething which suggests you have to declare any as module resits. I didnt know, do I need to contact Ucas? I don't know which modules I am resitting yet!? This is for medicine. It won't change my grades as I have As overall in both already?

ReputationRep:
    Do I have to put GCSE retakes? I retook two exams in the Maths Linked Pair (Applications and Methods), one for each of Methods and Applications to get from an A to an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Right, im confused here. I resat Core 2 for AS Maths and got a better grade, how would i enter that?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I will be leaving school with two qualifications (Polish Matura and Spanish Bachillerato) but I presume my application will only be assessed based on one of those A-level equivalents. With that in mind, do I enter both qualifications with all subjects I'm taking (with pending grades) or only Polish Matura, which I want to be my main qualification?
    Do I input my pending CPE in the education section under my high school or under the centre where I will be sitting the exam, i.e. British Council?
    As a candidate from outside the UK, do I declare my GCSE equivalent results if GCSEs are not required from international candidates?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viridiana)
    Hi,
    I will be leaving school with two qualifications (Polish Matura and Spanish Bachillerato) but I presume my application will only be assessed based on one of those A-level equivalents. With that in mind, do I enter both qualifications with all subjects I'm taking (with pending grades) or only Polish Matura, which I want to be my main qualification?
    Do I input my pending CPE in the education section under my high school or under the centre where I will be sitting the exam, i.e. British Council?
    As a candidate from outside the UK, do I declare my GCSE equivalent results if GCSEs are not required from international candidates?
    Thanks
    You need to enter both qualifications- it's true that only one may count towards your entry requirements, but you need to enter all externally sat qualifications (this also includes GCSE equivalents. Unis can then chose which ones count towards your entry requirements.

It can only work in your favour to mention both sets of qualifications, as if you just miss your offer, other qualifications may be taken into account.

Enter all exams under the exam center where you will sit the qualification.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JStimo)
    Hi guys I'm a UK applicant but I have American SAT scores too. Do I have to declare these on my UCAS?I'm applying to Oxford who ask for 2100 but I only got 2060. While I got 760 and 750 on the subject tests I only took 2. Oxford asks for 3.

I'll be applying with my A2 predictions rather than my SATs anyway but should I list the SATs on my UCAS even though they're lower than what Oxford want? Will it make me less likely to get an offer?

Alternatively, I recently re-sat the SAT and am awaiting the result. Could I just list pending for my SAT and not mention the earlier 2060 or would that be withholding information?

Thanks
    Yes you should include them

Withholding information is not acceptable.

Declare everything and allow Oxford to decide what they want to consider - if you don't declare everything you're outright stating that you know better than oxford admissions staff about what is important information when deciding who to make an offer to.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 3, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.