Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to go on Question Time. I'm sure I'd ask something really contraversial

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Hythlodaeus*)
    Really! I was one of the student producers who won the competition to go and produce the show. Boris was very amusing although as usual it was mostly unintentional. His first answer was silence! What question did you speak on?
    I said how smacking children is different from assaulting adults because you can't reason with children. They sometimes only respond to physical stimuli

ReputationRep:
    I'll correct a previous post I made about my poltical standing according to political compass. I was +6.88 on the economic right/left scale and +5.23 on the authoritarian/libertarian scale, good proper right winger me!

ReputationRep:
    I'm Economic Left/Right: -5.00
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.10

I'm just a great big lefty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound01)
    I said how smacking children is different from assaulting adults because you can't reason with children. They sometimes only respond to physical stimuli

Interesting. I have a video of the show, so I will watch it and see if I can spot you and agree with what you said. Did you think it was a good show, what with it being a special 'youth' edition? The general consensus was that the audience were actually better than the usually rabble. :rolleyes:

Anyone who gets the oportunity to go to a 'question time' programme should take it. It is one of the few programs which rely so heavily on the audience. And most people who post here would be more than welcomed because they are quite desperate to have young faces in the audience, asking questions in all of the shows not just one-offs. You do have to be pretty clear about what you think on topics as all audience members are screened beforehand. Tip: say that you will speak. They are not interested in people who want to come and watch- they want people who will debate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Greyhound01)
    Same here, I was on the final edition of the last series, the special youth edition with Boris "the legend" Johnson and Jimmy Carr, I got to speak and it was really enjoyable. I've also been on Jonathan Dimbleby which was cool because the audience was far smaller and it was live. I get e-mails from them every week asking me to go on via my university e-mail address. I thoroughly recommend it if you get the chance.
    I was on the one before that in Inverness (was Culloden actually but hardly anyone knows where that is)
    Everybody's copying us! There's a political compass thread in General Chat!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    Everybody's copying us! There's a political compass thread in General Chat!
    Actually it was in the debate and discussion section before your bunch formed

ReputationRep:
    Yeah well That's the fourth time I've done it! So nya

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to join.

(Original post by *Hythlodaeus*)
    Really! I was one of the student producers who won the competition to go and produce the show. Boris was very amusing although as usual it was mostly unintentional. His first answer was silence! What question did you speak on?
    i would love to go on question time, it just never seems to come my way

ReputationRep:
    hmm probably should have joined ages ago, going into my second year at nottingham studying politics, wonderful subject

ReputationRep:
    Hey rah Welcome
    Any book recommendations?

ReputationRep:
    In case any of you Boris fans are interested, I hear that he's going to be speaking at a Conservative Future conference dinner thing on 18th/19th Sept... see the www.conservativefuture.com site for details!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    hmm probably should have joined ages ago, going into my second year at nottingham studying politics, wonderful subject
    Rah2? What happened to Rah? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Rah2? What happened to Rah? :confused:
    hah i broke it, whoops, can still rep though

book recommendations erm if i can find the damn thing i'll tell you but i have a really good book about sept 11/us foreign policy with many different viewpoints, chomsky etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    hah i broke it, whoops, can still rep though

book recommendations erm if i can find the damn thing i'll tell you but i have a really good book about sept 11/us foreign policy with many different viewpoints, chomsky etc
    Ah cool thanks

In a couple of days, I'll find out for sure if I'm actually coming to Nottingham or not!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Ah cool thanks

In a couple of days, I'll find out for sure if I'm actually coming to Nottingham or not!
    best of luck with that, what's you insurance otherwise? I think they are quite lenient on grades but everyone i've met has more than ABB

book is 'Worlds in Collision - Terror and the future of global order', utterly fascinating and on the reading list for some of the spring modules

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rah2)
    best of luck with that, what's you insurance otherwise? I think they are quite lenient on grades but everyone i've met has more than ABB

book is 'Worlds in Collision - Terror and the future of global order', utterly fascinating and on the reading list for some of the spring modules
    Insurance is Sheffield (BBB), so great politics department, but I prefer Notts overall.

Knowing my luck, I'll get AAC and be rejected by both. :rolleyes:

BTW Rah, did you recieve any kind of accomadation information before results days? Cause somebody got a letter offering them halls today, and it got me slightly worried.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield's going ABB next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    Sheffield's going ABB next year
    Suposed to be a great department though. I was talking to a former ungrad there just the other day, and he seemed very impressed. Made me think it might not be so bad to end up there. But I really want Notts.

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.