What do girls nowadays look for in a guy?

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    No doubt. We're on a forum where some men are creating threads saying they are 20 year old virgins.

I've been both fortunate and unfortunate (though all my fault) enough to have gone from the nerdy virgin to basically a player (not out of malice, i simply had no desire for a relationship until my early twenties) to fat guy who gets laid once in a blue moon and all in a decade or so. Hence i have developed a good eye for what women say they want and what they forget to add.
    I know...

You're partly right. I've also seen that the girls here tend to avoid the wallet thing, which is definitely a sensitive topic, but one worth discussing, in my opinion. It doesn't really matter when we're talking about hook ups and **** like this, but let's face it - how many girls (women?) would actually date a man without a penny to his name who's not even willing to get a job?

Pls no hate TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    No, no, no, they obviously just know the hidden secret that all we want is abs, a large D and 6ft+, and not the multitude of other things actual women have listed above.

They probably just sound bitter about it because they don't have any of those things either.
    (Original post by Viva Emptiness)
    No, no, no, they obviously just know the hidden secret that all we want is abs, a large D and 6ft+, and not the multitude of other things actual women have listed above.

They probably just sound bitter about it because they don't have any of those things either.
    Exactly. Maybe some of them are joking, but if you think a girl refused to go out with you because you don't have abs, you've got serious problems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhaenys10)
    I know...

You're partly right. I've also seen that the girls here tend to avoid the wallet thing, which is definitely a sensitive topic, but one worth discussing, in my opinion. It doesn't really matter when we're talking about hook ups and **** like this, but let's face it - how many girls (women?) would actually date a man without a penny to his name who's not even willing to get a job?

Pls no hate TSR
    Gold digger detected.

Get her boys!!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8686-Pikes.gif

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RainbowMan)
    Gold digger detected.

Get her boys!!

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/...8686-Pikes.gif
    I'm not a gold digger lol
    I just stated the truth...

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a gold digger lol
    I just stated the truth...
    The gold digging truth.

Don't worry, my warriors will take care of you soon.

ReputationRep:
    The gold digging truth.

Don't worry, my warriors will take care of you soon.
    I doubt that. But seriously, a woman usually expects her partner to be on the same level as her, that's all I'm saying

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that. But seriously, a woman usually expects her partner to be on the same level as her, that's all I'm saying
    You w0t m8?

I don't actually care, I never had a problem with girls thinking I'm not "rich enough" for them. Didn't know money was such an issue until I read about it on here.

ReputationRep:
    You w0t m8?

I don't actually care, I never had a problem with girls thinking I'm not "rich enough" for them. Didn't know money was such an issue until I read about it on here.
    It's not actually money that's the problem. It's what it says about a person. Like, I know you can be super hardworking and **** and still be poor, but a guy that sits on his ass all ****ing day, complains about his situation and doesn't wanna get a job isn't attractive at all.

See what I'm talking about?

ReputationRep:
    It's not actually money that's the problem. It's what it says about a person. Like, I know you can be super hardworking and **** and still be poor, but a guy that sits on his ass all ****ing day, complains about his situation and doesn't wanna get a job isn't attractive at all.

See what I'm talking about?
    Your original post was about money tho. Now this doesn't sound like it's about money. It could be about any problem.

Also, ouch.

ReputationRep:
    Your original post was about money tho. Now this doesn't sound like it's about money. It could be about any problem.

Also, ouch.
    Well ****, I should've kept my mouth shut. :rofl: Anyway, it's not like being with someone rich makes you rich too.

Why are you betraying me tho?

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think appearances are important initially 🤔 There are certain attributes I prefer over others but they aren't deal breakers, I'm not looking to date supermodels 😂. As a tall girl, 5ft10, I do look at height a lot as I find it weird to date shorter guys.
    Ultimately for lasting relationships is to share a few common interests but also have a few uncommon interests to talk about, not awkward and not a knob head 😂

ReputationRep:
    Well ****, I should've kept my mouth shut. :rofl: Anyway, it's not like being with someone rich makes you rich too.

Why are you betraying me tho?
    I'll never betray you babez :smug:

But I'm a loyal follower of Foo. Wimminz r secondary to us neomasculinist neomeninists (I forgot the exact name. Forgive me oh Lord).

ReputationRep:
    I'll never betray you babez :smug:

But I'm a loyal follower of Foo. Wimminz r secondary to us neomasculinist neomeninists (I forgot the exact name. Forgive me oh Lord).
    :rofl:

Good to know, I was starting to doubt your intentions. :rofl:

Ur sinning. He'll want to hear your Confession. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't talking about you, but about some of the guys here speaking on behalf of girls
    Me neither btw... posted a gif that I hoped would get me some reps but nobody really noticed it :rofl:
    Just making sure

:eek: You rep whore :rofl: I never saw the gif tbh, people probably replied to the thread too quickly and it got buried :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    Just making sure

:eek: You rep whore :rofl: I never saw the gif tbh, people probably replied to the thread too quickly and it got buried :lol:
    :rofl: What can I do, I wanna get my 8th gem lol

ReputationRep:
    Lets rephrase this question - "What do guys nowadays look for in a girl"
    Answer: a v hole.

ReputationRep:
    Seriously though, girls are weak and delicate souls who just want affection and children no matter how many times you cheat on them X

Knowing more than one language is a bonus, for me anyway.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: What can I do, I wanna get my 8th gem lol
    Gotta get in on the first page and post some funny **** :lol: You can do it

I had something clown-related happen to me tonight, decided to make a thread about it if you're interested http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...6#post67979208

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl. You can work only with what you've got, so even if you aren't particularly good-looking, particularly tall, particularly muscular, it's no use dwelling on these facts, as ultimately the consequent feelings of insecurity may well seep out externally and limit your options further. Indeed, I don't think being muscular is a big deal, so while that aspect is changeable, as opposed to height and looks, it's probably not really worth it - honestly it might even be a negative as it could be seen as Narcissistic or overcompensating.. I think the best bet is to just carry yourself with confidence, utilise any sense of humour you have (a sometimes underrated aspect of attraction), and in general be driven/goal-oriented (ambition is of course a key quality), though not to the extent that you take yourself too seriously and ignore leisure of course..

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Would you rather have...?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.