vienna95 account Watch

This discussion is closed.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
What you can do in the VB admin panel is type in a password and find every member with that password.
nan Siarich
Report 14 years ago
Not sure if its related to the current troubles, but earlier in the day when i was trying to log in i found myself logged in as 'comadeep' and i was unable to view posts/profiles etc. I logged out yet i recently noticed this account as being online again, not only that but it also has a post count (2 last i checked) while it was set to 0 earlier in the day(when i was somehow logged on as it). Funnily enough when i try to select 'view all posts by...' it comes up with 'invalid post' or some such and the account doesnt come up when i search the memberlist. What any of that means i dont know, i just find it very strange.
swatfa1
Badges:
Report 14 years ago
oh well looks like my account is gone for good. I very much doubt 'D' will do anything about it and by the time he does read the PM's this new account would already have over 1000 posts. Its a shame what some people do when theyre bored, congrats, real achievment in your life, hacking a uk-learning members account. Sad.
LH
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by swatfa1)
oh well looks like my account is gone for good. I very much doubt 'D' will do anything about it and by the time he does read the PM's this new account would already have over 1000 posts. Its a shame what some people do when theyre bored, congrats, real achievment in your life, hacking a uk-learning members account. Sad.
You'll get your old account back eventually

Though is d is away it could be a while.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
You'll get your old account back eventually

Though is d is away it could be a while.
And if you're lucky d may be happy to merge the 2 accounts together (as he did with AMG and her alter ego)
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Pencil Queen)
And if you're lucky d may be happy to merge the 2 accounts together (as he did with AMG and her alter ego)
He probably will when he realises that the accounts were stolen.
v for vendetta
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by swatfa1)
its no big deal, we can still post here and ill soon be back to my old habits. im looking forward to getting my account back all the same. indeed, the vienna95 account is now just that bit more infamous..
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by v for vendetta)
its no big deal, we can still post here and ill soon be back to my old habits. im looking forward to getting my account back all the same. indeed, the vienna95 account is now just that bit more infamous..
i'm more infamous
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Of course, it may not be anything to do with a subscriber, if someone decided to and successfully hacked vienna's account swatfa's and an Sariarch's passwords were in her PMs so were easy to get in to.
v for vendetta
(Original post by Tinykates)
i'm more infamous
um, well..no.
nan Siarich
Report 14 years ago
Of course, it may not be anything to do with a subscriber, if someone decided to and successfully hacked vienna's account swatfa's and an Sariarch's passwords were in her PMs so were easy to get in to.
Yes that seems the most likely explanation, id be quite impressed if all 3 accounts were seperately hacked rather than just viennas with the hacker happily stumbling along our passwords.
LH
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You won't see the thread about vienna in f51 now
v for vendetta
the key here is that the password retrieval emails were altered. even if someone used key logging software it couldnt be changed. there is only one person responsible in this regard.
TK
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
um, well..no.
well sorry to hear about your account - haven't read the thread so i dunno what's happened, but hope you get it back soon
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
um, well..no.
You maybe famous but you ain't no superhero!

P.S. I will try to scan the net using my superpowers to find the culprit Vienna
v for vendetta
You won't see the thread about vienna in f51 now
i did, it was fairly decent, although did highlight a surprisingly poor knowledge of central europe among the subscribers

did any of my PMs get leaked into the subscriber forum?
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Yes. To be honest those who share their passwords around are inviting trouble. If vienna wanted access to forum 51 why didn't she just subscribe herself?
v for vendetta
(Original post by shiny)
You maybe famous but you ain't no superhero!

P.S. I will try to scan the net using my superpowers to find the culprit Vienna
im indebted.
v for vendetta
(Original post by Gimp)
Yes. To be honest those who share their passwords around are inviting trouble. If vienna wanted access to forum 51 why didn't she just subscribe herself?
i dont see what that has to do with 'illegal' access to my account.
shiny
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
im indebted
Who would we wave to otherwise
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (443)
91.72%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (40)
8.28%

Watched Threads