Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna)
    i still cant decide if the release of my PMs was meant to hurt or benefit me!!
    Transparency in the forum...!!
    I personally don't think it's done either, Mr.White hasn't come out looking great.
    Some of the PMs are quite funny though so be pleased you have provided us with some entertainment for the night

ReputationRep:
    i still cant decide if the release of my PMs was meant to hurt or benefit me!!
    Probably the later!

Especially with things like:
    both probably. we both knew that d was in charge, so any ideas were our extravagance and need to satisfy the politically charged atmosphere of the forum at the time. when i read those PMs now, it does make me chuckle.
    You should be more transparent with your view point. It'll be to your own benefit

ReputationRep:
    Its just a shame a few got deleted along the way i guess.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Louise_1988)
    Transparency in the forum...!!
    I personally don't think it's done either, Mr.White hasn't come out looking great.
    Some of the PMs are quite funny though so be pleased you have provided us with some entertainment for the night
    that is not transparency. im pleased to say the latter half totally vindicate my actions since easter.

ReputationRep:
    i would welcome an administrator appointment if d is going to be away. i appreciate the work the moderators do, but this situation was handled badly and made worse by their subsequent response to a natural curiosity on the part of the members.

i) if they knew a new administrator would be appointed, some warning or introduction would have been nice, not to let us spend an hour without any clue as to what was going on. especially in light of the fact that....

ii) the administrator turns up 24hrs after my account is sabotaged without explanation. neither the new administrator or the mods thought this timing might exaggerate the reponse from the members. and none of them introduced him/her or verified his appointment by d.

iii) i dont believe the mods actually had a great deal of warning themselves, in fact, id be interested to know if they had any prior to us.

iv) with the above points in mind, it is then even more incredible that they attack ordinary members for conspiracy theories and make us out to be an ungrateful bunch of "little kids". personally, its not the actions, but this kind of manner to which i object, that we should be grateful. period. their intentions may be sound, but there is a very clear problem in relation to communication and transparency not only between mods and forum but mod and mod, of which they are responsible, of which in drawing their intention to, is met with fierce resistance and of which it is becoming somewhat of a recurring set of events.

i dont know what the new administrator did and didnt do, i dont know why the moderators told me to stop getting uptight when my account was deliberately accessed and i dont know why this administrator has appeared now. i do know that little has been done to quash unfounded suspicion.
    that the increasing attitude, as the closed New Admin thread would indicate, is one of, "you signed the form, we can do as we please and your right to air views on the matter can and will be ended as we see fit". that may well be the case, but id like one person here to deny that this is clearly disappointing in light of the standards and expections that we've come to expect on UKL.

and yes, im very much aware of the good work they do. i, if anyone, can testify to that.
    I really dont think d needs to tell us everything he plans to do. His site, he should be able to appoint who ever he wants to whatever position, i really dont think he needs to tell/ask us. The mods explained it, so i dont see a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    You should be more transparent with your view point. It'll be to your own benefit
    im fighting the urge to respond, particular since you, of all people, are the poster.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    I really dont think d needs to tell us everything he plans to do. His site, he should be able to appoint who ever he wants to whatever position, i really dont think he needs to tell/ask us. The mods explained it, so i dont see a problem.
    neither do I, expression did with the response. thats what i found unjustified. since then expression has given and justified his opinion to me, of which im happy.

ReputationRep:
    im fighting the urge to respond, particular since you, of all people, are the poster.
    Just winding

I have to say, from reading your posts in F51, that you seem a lot more chilled and personable than how you usually come across on the 'freeview' areas!

Also, if I were you, I would be well pissed off with Mr Hacker! I'm narked that he put suspicion on the subscribers. They (and me as an ex) might be a lot of things, but were not that much of a bunch of tragic muppets!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    She said hehe.
    Ok I think somebody's hacked her account again :confused:
    Or is this her way of backing down?
    you havent posted a reply as yet. in the meantime, apologies, i have more pressing issues to deal with, as well as a backlog of PMs, on a topic you are no doubt aware.

ReputationRep:
    And what's that supposed to mean?
    I haven't replied because you didn't answer my question, and said I was winding you up!

ReputationRep:
    And what's that supposed to mean?
    I haven't replied because you didn't answer my question, and said I was winding you up!
    i had and have other things to do. arguing with a relative newbie takes a backseat for the time being. if you have some points to raise with me, post them here or in a PM and ill get back to you.

ReputationRep:
    Edit: Ignore this comment

Edit 2: I've been quoted, so I can't be cowardly now.

Isn't this thread a little self-indulgent?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Isn't this thread a little self-indulgent?
    I'll step into the breech here; and add that this thread was created in direct response to a thread that was closed, but with Vienna planning on a making her point known.

ReputationRep:
    i had and have other things to do. arguing with a relative newbie takes a backseat for the time being. if you have some points to raise with me, post them here or in a PM and ill get back to you.
    Too scared to say them out in the open?
    I may be a relative newbie (wouldn't say I really feel like a newbie anymore), but that doesn't mean my points aren't valid vienna.
    I have plenty other things to do (I'm actually at work atm), but I take time out to talk to you.
    And besides, continuing this in a PM convo wouldn't be transparent now would it?

EDIT: Welcome back btw Expression

ReputationRep:
    Too scared to say them out in the open?
    relevant to what?

I may be a relative newbie (wouldn't say I really feel like a newbie anymore), but that doesn't mean my points aren't valid vienna.
    suggesting what?

I have plenty other things to do (I'm actually at work atm), but I take time out to talk to you.
    thats kind of you.

And besides, continuing this in a PM convo wouldn't be transparent now would it?
    EDIT: Welcome back btw Expression
    no, that would be privacy of a one-on-conversation between members, but lets not get fussy about critical details.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Expression)
    I'll step into the breech here; and add that this thread was created in direct response to a thread that was closed, but with Vienna planning on a making her point known.
    *hat tip*

ReputationRep:
    relevant to what?
    Why can't you just post your thoughts here? Keeps things nicely on track and allows other users to add their comments.

suggesting what?
    Suggesting that you suggested that arguing with a relative newbie isn't as important as other arguments. If that wasn't what you meant to suggest then why bring the issue up at all?

thats kind of you.
    Thank you . I try to be kind.

no, that would be privacy of a one-on-conversation between members, but lets not get fussy about critical details.
    Well it's not a one on one conversation here, so why restrict it? There may be some people who are interested in reading it even if they don't comment. It is relevant to the forum after all.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.