ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    i have had three.

• watching my son on life support, not knowing if he was going to survive
    • my first car crash
    • nearly getting hit by a train
    one the verge of a breakdown watching my mum as she developed alzheimers

ReputationRep:
    I can think of a ton, but one that sticks out in my mind was driving home from a camping trip in the Allegheny mountains during a huge snow storm. We were on a week-long school camping trip in late October and our teachers drove us there in vans. We abandoned the trip early when there was 3-4 feet of snow and no sign of it letting up. I thought we were going to die trying to drive back, like just slide straight off the side of the mountain and fall to our death. It seemed to almost happen a few times, as some of the mountain roads are really narrow.

ReputationRep:
    I once left my house.

NEVER AGAIN.

ReputationRep:
    Back in 2007, I almost drown in a swimming pool at a leisure centre after jumping in at the deep end without checking the exact depth. It was only because there was a ladder I could grab onto nearby I was able to get out.

ReputationRep:
    I have to say for me it was the other week at the bus stop.

There was this big guy at the stop and he was sitting there, my bus about fifteen minutes away. He comes up and asks me if I had 50p, I said no. He then started punching the bus shelter and yelling and I stood there terrified and I wanted to run but I couldn't, I was stuck. He walks away and tries to get a car to stop for him in the distance, me thinking thank God he's gone. Nope. He came back. He was still punching the shelter and I wanted to text my mum but I just couldn't. Then suddenly someone came as I sat there on the verge of tears and waited for the same bus and honestly, I've never been so glad to see someone else.

Never actually told anyone that before

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    I have to say for me it was the other week at the bus stop.

There was this big guy at the stop and he was sitting there, my bus about fifteen minutes away. He comes up and asks me if I had 50p, I said no. He then started punching the bus shelter and yelling and I stood there terrified and I wanted to run but I couldn't, I was stuck. He walks away and tries to get a car to stop for him in the distance, me thinking thank God he's gone. Nope. He came back. He was still punching the shelter and I wanted to text my mum but I just couldn't. Then suddenly someone came as I sat there on the verge of tears and waited for the same bus and honestly, I've never been so glad to see someone else.

Never actually told anyone that before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What a nutjob. Anger issues much?

ReputationRep:
    Right before I got hit by a car, felt like it was the end, sadly it wasn't

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.