Turn on thread page Beta

Is having expensive tastes a good thing watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by struggler07)
    It's expensive for a reason, I had burtons Jean that I payed £18 for the fit was horrible, cheap clothes are okay if you don't really care about fashion, that's the style of the jeans and look at those back pockets tho you don't get them on £10 jeans Attachment 594996
    I've never had any problems with jeans not fitting.
    Caring about fashion is the most petty thing to care about - it is something that serves no other function than aesthetic.

Also I own a sewing machine so I could quite easily stitch horseshoes onto my arse if I felt that would in some way validate me as a human. Oh, and my sewing machine cost significantly less than £300.

ReputationRep:
    Payed nearly £300 for these true religion jeans Attachment 594958fully worth the price you get what you payed for especially jeans you can wear all seasons the quality and material superb they will last a lifetime there expensive for a reason, I'm not really a accessories kinda guy payed £6 for my card holder does the job accessories are easily replaceable
    Even if it was cheap i would not have bought it...I find it ugly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rolex=classy
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    An old used Rolex is believed to still possess class, provided it is handed down through the family.

ReputationRep:
    So you would rather cry walking on the street for hours than driving a nice Range Rover
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    No: what I'm saying is that I wouldn't necessarily feel happier because I was in a £1,000 coat.

ReputationRep:
    Or buy a cheaper watch like citizen or rotary
    (Original post by Lost Her Way)
    Generally bad, self-sufficiency and fortitude is more masculine.

Rolex = chav

ReputationRep:
    So you would rather cry walking on the street for hours than driving a nice Range Rover
    Why would I be crying because I wasn't driving a Range Rover?

Honestly, this series of posts of yours does suggest that the only thing you care about is material possessions. If that's true, it's awfully sad and does suggest there's a huge void in your life you're trying to fill with trinkets.

ReputationRep:
    Quality differences between cheap and expensive products aside, surely the happier you can be from less stuff, the better. Even for a population as a whole, the fewer resources people need to sustain the same levels of happiness, the better.

ReputationRep:
    Is the material soft and nice and not really more expensive stuff are usually nicer look at this Moncler jacket for over £1k would keep you nice and warm😎 Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  34.4 KBName:  image.png
Views: 39
Size:  99.9 KB And the seeing is done with perfection made in America yolo
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I've never had any problems with jeans not fitting.
    Caring about fashion is the most petty thing to care about - it is something that serves no other function than aesthetic.

Also I own a sewing machine so I could quite easily stitch horseshoes onto my arse if I felt that would in some way validate me as a human. Oh, and my sewing machine cost significantly less than £300.

ReputationRep:
    I have expensive taste regarding food but thats about it. Particularly meat, all my meat has to be bought from the local butchers. I like to spend money on nice restaraunts and holidays. Clothes, I dont buy cheap but I don't buy high end. I like topshop/newlook/levi but if i liked a piece from tesco I would still buy it! I like new gadgets but thats only because Im techy. I work hard for my money so when I feel I deserve a treat I buy myself it!

ReputationRep:
    Lool what brands you like
    (Original post by Trevish)
    Even if it was cheap i would not have bought it...I find it ugly

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have you thought of posting your comments underneath the quoted text? Makes it easier for everyone to read.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh.. Brands barely matter for me.. Just the Model is important...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just checked..Denim

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Is the material soft and nice and not really more expensive stuff are usually nicer look at this Moncler jacket for over £1k would keep you nice and warm😎 Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 41
Size:  34.4 KBName:  image.png
Views: 39
Size:  99.9 KB And the seeing is done with perfection made in America yolo
    I don't think a £1k jacket will keep me any warmer than my winter coat, (which cost £50 about ten years ago) a jumper and a hat knitted by my mum. Certainly not twenty times warmer. Plus my winter coat is knife resistant and fireproof. It wasn't advertised as such but it has had a trial by fire....literally.

ReputationRep:
    Brands logos are like warts on the clothes which are only meant to serve a purpose, keep you warm. If the fabric is **** won't buy it, simple as. Cut off the logos of my coats or cover them with permanent marker. They are only a reason to be smug or think you are better than someone else just because you had a better starting position in life. Nothing is as ****ing annoying as fashion, just having some prat's name on a suit or coat or even a ****ing watch makes some people seem on cloud 9. You are still human and just the same as everyone else. Don't make materialistic possesions make you think you are special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    Have you thought of posting your comments underneath the quoted text? Makes it easier for everyone to read.
    how do I do that

ReputationRep:
    Mmm
    (Original post by Trevish)
    Tbh.. Brands barely matter for me.. Just the Model is important...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manitude)
    I dthink a £1k jacket will keep me any warmer than my winter coat, (which cost £50 about ten years ago) a jumper and a hat knitted by my mum. Certainly not twenty times warmer. Plus my winter coat is knife resistant and fireproof. It wasn't advertised as such but it has had a trial by fire....literally.
    Your right £1K for a jacket is a lot, £50 you can get a decent jacket, jackets knife and fire resistant that's a big bonus

ReputationRep:
    Your paying for style and fit aswell not always the name expensive stuff are expensive 4 a reason
    (Original post by rustyldner)
    Brands logos are like warts on the clothes which are only meant to serve a purpose, keep you warm. If the fabric is **** won't buy it, simple as. Cut off the logos of my coats or cover them with permanent marker. They are only a reason to be smug or think you are better than someone else just because you had a better starting position in life. Nothing is as ****ing annoying as fashion, just having some prat's name on a suit or coat or even a ****ing watch makes some people seem on cloud 9. You are still human and just the same as everyone else. Don't make materialistic possesions make you think you are special.

ReputationRep:
    Where they boss bet da gyaldem saw you in it 😎
    Nope, Superdry. :cool:

Are they good quality
    The Primark clothes I got? :yep:

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.