"World Class" footballers in the Premiership Watch

Bear_Grylls
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Dalimyr)
And if you're going to cry because someone "nicked your thread" because you couldn't behave with the thread title then you need to sort yours out :p:
I was being sarcastic, as if i could give a toss !!!! although i dont see what was wrong with it before
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh come on, you were just taking the piss with it :rolleyes:
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The term world class ****s me off anyway. Too many varialbes to being it, plus people have their very own definition so theres no use. Lets say, for example, Kaka is'nt world class, who cares? If he's performing like he does he doesnt need the like of Alan "kids=no trophies" Hansen confirming his brilliance.
TomSini89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the debate about whether Torres was world class or not was hilarious
If you apply that principle...

Idiot #1: 'Well if you look at Rio Ferdinands scoring ratio... I think you'll find he's not World Class'

Edit:
AYE: 'Well if you look at Rio Ferdinands scoring ratio... I think you'll find he's not World Class'
AYE
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Because Rio's a striker yar.
ManUtdFanDean
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by TomSini89)
the debate about whether Torres was world class or not was hilarious
If you apply that principle...

Idiot #1: 'Well if you look at Rio Ferdinands scoring ratio... I think you'll find he's not World Class'
Eh? am i missing something here
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by AYE)
The term world class ****s me off anyway. Too many varialbes to being it, plus people have their very own definition so theres no use. Lets say, for example, Kaka is'nt world class, who cares? If he's performing like he does he doesnt need the like of Alan "kids=no trophies" Hansen confirming his brilliance.
That's what I've been trying to say over and over, and over and over!

Some people like 'Economist' think that you have to be one of a handfull of the world's elite to be called 'world class', and some others think that players like Berbatov and Tevez can be called 'world class'.

It's all subjective.
ManUtdFanDean
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Suc-Cesc!!!)
That's what I've been trying to say over and over, and over and over!

Some people like 'Economist' think that you have to be one of a handfull of the world's elite to be called 'world class', and some others think that players like Berbatov and Tevez can be called 'world class'.

It's all subjective.
And you dont like Berbatov and Tevez because they play for rival clubs:rolleyes:
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ManUtdFanDean)
And you dont like Berbatov and Tevez because they play for rival clubs:rolleyes:
wtf?! I just named two players who would not be in the 'top top top handful of players in the world'. Add RVP in that list if you want. I wasn't just naming players to have a dig at them. I don't have an opinion on whether Berbatov or Tevez are worldclass. FFS! Why are people so touchy?!
TomSini89
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I just found it funny that people were using one variable to judge whether a player is 'world class' or not
hence the silly thing about ferdinands goal ratio

ANYWAY
this has become much more of an argument between people who believe u can define 'world class' and those repeatedly (correctly) saying its subjective.
imo the world class players in the prem include gerrard, cech, drogba, c.ronaldo, essien, arteta and fabregas. after all the prem is the best league in the world!
(feel free to start a new debate about that)
ManUtdFanDean
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well its just funny how you use them 2, i do agree its just they are rival clubs and your always having a dig at Spurs
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Well its just funny how you use them 2, i do agree its just they are rival clubs and your always having a dig at Spurs
Cry me a river.....
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Arteta is nowhere near world class
ManUtdFanDean
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Scholes is world class, 1 of the best in the world in his position, Rooney,Terry, Gallas( more so when he played for Chelsea),

Berbatov Martins Tevez can all be in a season or 2
Suc-Cesc!!!
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mermania)
Arteta is nowhere near world class
I think he's very much an underrated player, and a quality player. He is a bit of an all rounder. He's great on set-pieces, shots, passing, vision - he has the characteristics of a great attacking midfielder.

I think he should be in the Spain squad - and with their midfield, that is a great achievement.
Бербато&
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
the prem is the best league in the world!
It really annoys me when people say that.
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Suc-Cesc!!!)
I think he's very much an underrated player, and a quality player. He is a bit of an all rounder. He's great on set-pieces, shots, passing, vision - he has the characteristics of a great attacking midfielder.

I think he should be in the Spain squad - and with their midfield, that is a great achievement.
I agree, he's one of my favourite players in the premiership, but he's not world class. To me world class should mean a really special player, not just a very good one.
Economist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Scholes is world class, 1 of the best in the world in his position, Rooney,Terry, Gallas( more so when he played for Chelsea),

Berbatov Martins Tevez can all be in a season or 2
:laugh:
ManUtdFanDean
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Бербато&)
It really annoys me when people say that.
It is the best
Overmars
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
:rofl:

This thread is unbelievable.

'X is world class'.......'OMG no he isn't, he's nowhere near as good as Y'.....'what are you on about, you would say that because you support C'.........'yeah well I bet my dad would batter your dad'........

My god, get a grip people. It reminds me of year 7.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.01%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.43%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.09%
It might lead to more bullying (145)
39.08%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.38%

Watched Threads