Turn on thread page Beta

Do you think the BNP will ever EVER win a general election? watch

• View Poll Results: Do you think the BNP will EVER win a general election?
    Yes
    8.93%
    No
    81.25%
    Who cares?
    9.82%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by happybob)
    Im against homosexuality being taught in schools because I see it as normalizing something unnatural, the same as young people who like to have sex with really old people, it may be legal(and rightfully so) but it does not make it natural, in fact the thought of it makes me sick.
    in that case would you also be against foreign 'alien' languages being taught in schools as well?

ReputationRep:
    Im against homosexuality being taught in schools because I see it as normalizing something unnatural, the same as young people who like to have sex with really old people, it may be legal(and rightfully so) but it does not make it natural, in fact the thought of it makes me sick.
    I don't know what to say. I'm speechless, but don't get flattered, its not a complement.

ReputationRep:
    Someone gave me negative rep for this post:confused:
    The sexist *******!

ReputationRep:
    There is a reason why men are generally more attracted to women between the ages of 16 and 30 who have symmetrical faces(more commonly known as pretty faces) and a generous breast size, it's called animal instinct.

Men are more attracted to young women because the male brain can see they are of good breeding age, they are attracted to symmetrical faces because it shows good genes, they are attracted to generous breast sizes because it shows good genes and a good ability to feed babies. So basic attraction is based on breeding ability.

-If a man is attracted to children then something has gone wrong as children cannot have babies, therefore pedophiles have unnatural attractions.
    -If a man is attracted to really old women something has also gone wrong as really old women cannot have children.
    -If a man is attracted to animals, who they obviously cannot breed with then they have unnatural attractions.
    -If a man is attracted to other men, then they also have unnatural attractions as they can't breed with other men.
    ^^^It's all biologically and phycologically wrong

Anything sexual that is unnatural should not be taught to children as a "postive lifestyle" IMO

Obviously in society there are differences in the examples I have given, sex with animals and pedophilia should not be tolerated, where as sex with old people and homosexuality should be tolerated but not accepted(normalized) IMO
    Haha. You've just out dumbed yourself. Seriously, if you want people to take you seriously, you should start realising that the world isn't black and white. If you have a single brain cell, you will know what I mean but I doubt you do.

(Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    Haha. You've just out dumbed yourself. Seriously, if you want people to take you seriously, you should start realising that the world isn't black and white. If you have a single brain cell, you will know what I mean but I doubt you do.
    BNP supporters aren't famed for their intellect.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oswy)
    BNP supporters aren't famed for their intellect.
    Lol, clearly not.

I had a bit of a BNP phase myself, but it was very mild attraction when I was15-16, but once you mature and you become an adult, I thought that those kinds of things fade away.

Apparently, some people like happybob are stuck in this stage where they're not children but not adults either lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    Oh, that sort of workers. The kind of Workers, in fact, who get a capital W and a definite article. I thought you were simply insinuating that students don't work.
    I was using the term in line with the Marxist definition... thought it appropriate :p: I know students work... they just don't Work, apparently.

(Original post by 1.9.8.4.)
    Lol, clearly not.

I had a bit of a BNP phase myself, but it was very mild attraction when I was15-16, but once you mature and you become an adult, I thought that those kinds of things fade away.

Apparently, some people like happybob are stuck in this stage where they're not children but not adults either lol.
    I can understand why the likes of the BNP have appeal for youngsters still finding their intellectual and political feet.

The BNP use the classic technique of simplifying and scapegoating, on top of which they pour idealised and nostalgic visions of a mythical past and tell us this can be the future too. They appeal to our anxieties and through their shrill language manipulatively turn them into fears - fears they confidently claim only they can deal with. It's all very pernicious stuff.

As you say, though, when we mature we generally develop a more sophisticated approach to the problems of society, we are more critical with offered 'facts' and tend to gain a little experience of life so that we don't think of our Asian or black neighbours as alien demons but just people like you and me. The BNP are, perhaps ironically, a useful reminder of where an absence of critical thought leads people; into a dead-end of hatred of 'otherness', a pitiful longing for a past perfect world that never actually existed, and a desire to render society uniform because variation is threatening. The likes of happybob and zebedee bring several descriptive terms to mind, but simply 'lost' is probably the most profound one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ForeverIsMyName)
    I was using the term in line with the Marxist definition... thought it appropriate :p: I know students work... they just don't Work, apparently.
    Definition of "worker": one who works, primarily for the money or for some other personal gain.

Definition of "Worker": one who works in a grittily modernist industrial job, primarily for the love and dignity of labour, and who (at least if male) never, ever wears a shirt. Thus showing off his rugged features. And so on. There's a surprising level of homoerotic subtext to a lot of 20th-Century Collectivist propaganda posters.

ReputationRep:
    You have to put some form of morality into a school,
    Why? Personal morality is worked out by the interaction of the individual with other individuals, not imposed by force by a certain élite. Again, the freedom-loving credentials of the BNP are not standing up very well here.
    should sex education be taught in school or left to families?? should homosexuality be taught to children??? These are things that have to be decided by the state and the party in power will always choose to it's own morality and have the right to do so via it's democratic mandate.
    The old tyranny by majority argument. Most parties employ it, although heavily disguised, but as I said before, just because everyone is doing a given bad thing, that doesn't suddenly make it a good one. The State should not enforce its own view of morality on the people. It's that simple.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus)
    Racism cannot be judged in the same way as other crimes. A racist does not change. I'm not suggesting they be detained indefinitely or have their rights restricted. I'm suggesting that the BNP, ie an organisation solely dedicated to promoting those views, be shut down. They're still at liberty to participate in politics with another, more moderate, party. If the BNP was solely an extreme-right economic party I would have no problem with them, but they're not. They are racists, and that is their overriding motivation.
    Racism is a mindset like any other. There's nothing special about it that means "a racist does not change". Anyone can change. Slavers become abolitionists. Catholics become pro-Choicers. Hunters join the ALF. And yes, members of the KKK and similar organisations do come to their senses.

Also, while its members are often racist and the question of inherent party racism is still up in the air, the BNP is not "solely dedicated" to propagating racism. I think you know that, and are just being annoying.

ReputationRep:
    I still dont see the BNP as racist!! you guys are facist with your approch to free speech.

When did it become wrong to doubt the holocaust!!! Or say anything else but Hitler was scum!! I'm not saying I agree with these things but there certainly arguments and as such should NOT be dismissed or even claimed to be racist. When did it become racist to be interested in alternative interpretations of history. No BNP are not racist otherwise they would be illegal. They are nationalist, being pro national doesnt not mean racist

In regard to homosexuals, not everyone like having openly gay people walking around the streets! we just tolerate it, doesn't mean one has to agree with it or see it as morally ok. Ok its immoral to arrest people for there lifestyle but when did it become something we had to think was great?? Never!

The media may blast liberal messages at you all day doesn't mean we have to actually think like that.

If you accept homosexuals and fundemental islamics then why do you not tolerate a nationalist group?? You are being the ultimate hypocrites when you say they should be shut down for what they believe. I don't think the major threat in this country come from the BNP tbh, i think they are demonised in the liberal media and used as a political punching bag.

I am so sick of it being racist to do anything but be a raving liberal idiot nowadays it like the thought police in 1987

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut up.... There are so many fallacies in your post that I might just go through them and show how you are, quite simply, an idiot.

Doubting the holocaust; how. on. earth. can. you? Its not an alternative interpretation of history, its pure bull****. I'm not even gonna argue this, you're just wrong.

Why does it bother you that gay people walk around the streets? Don't worry mate, you're not THAT attractive! You're not gonna get accosted by a bunch of 'queers' and raped against your will. Furthermore, when has homosexuality been portrayed as 'great'? I think its wonderful that kids are being taught more and more about it, but I don't think anyone has said, "homosexuality is AMAZING!!! WOO".

Why have you bunched homosexuals and fundementalists together?! In my opinion fundementalism of ANY kind is dangerous, why bring up Islam? The mass media does nothing but blast CONSERVATIVE messages at us, look at the Mail and Express brigades...

I just loved the way that you secretly tried to hide your 'leanings' at the start of the topic, but now its allll coming out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexjc)
    When did it become wrong to doubt the holocaust!!!
    If you mean "morally wrong", never. If you mean "factually wrong", 1939.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Oh shut up.... There are so many fallacies in your post that I might just go through them and show how you are, quite simply, an idiot.

Doubting the holocaust; how. on. earth. can. you? Its not an alternative interpretation of history, its pure bull****. I'm not even gonna argue this, you're just wrong.

Why does it bother you that gay people walk around the streets? Don't worry mate, you're not THAT attractive! You're not gonna get accosted by a bunch of 'queers' and raped against your will. Furthermore, when has homosexuality been portrayed as 'great'? I think its wonderful that kids are being taught more and more about it, but I don't think anyone has said, "homosexuality is AMAZING!!! WOO".

Why have you bunched homosexuals and fundementalists together?! In my opinion fundementalism of ANY kind is dangerous, why bring up Islam? The mass media does nothing but blast CONSERVATIVE messages at us, look at the Mail and Express brigades...

I just loved the way that you secretly tried to hide your 'leanings' at the start of the topic, but now its allll coming out.
    :lolz:

Ok firstly, i never said i doubted the holocaust, doesn't mean I blindly accept the holocaust like an idiot either. There are still more bodies to found than some historians proclaim to be the actual figure. Undoubtably some attrocious things went on and this was tragic, however...we mustn't let tragedy and contraversy stop us asking question about historical events. Historians put forward different versions and theories as the events that happened there, we will ever know the 100% truth, most likely never. But its our responibilty to look at all people opinions and they are entitled to have them. 99% of the population think of the holocaust as something attrocious done to the jewish people for example and this is what gets focused on, however other historians have claimed different figures claiming infact there was alot more russian and polish casualities there. Of course they are meet by small minded people calling them anti-semites simply for suggesting something a tad different from the mainsteam opinion :eek:

I dont like seeing homesexuals acting openly gay in the street because it promotes this kind of behaviour and encourages people too see it as ok, possibly leading to larger number of people taking that lifestyle. (and before you say there born like that, i would like to exclaim how much I laugh at the liberal hypocracy that claims if someone is gay there "born like that" but if someone is a criminal "its societies fault") If i was to go out today and say "I dont like gay's" then i would be called a homobasher, homophobic and all other stupid names made by liberals to try and make people with these opinions seem stupid. Infact i am not a homobasher, If i was in a shop and a gay man was working there i would be polite to him, if my postman/lawyer/accountant was gay i really wouldn't care. I still dont agree with there lifestyle though and I never will, and this makes me a discriminater in the eye of some people.

Actually i think you will find there is more liberal media out there than conservative. And even the conservative papers are liberal when it come to these kind of issue, they would recieve negative press if they wern't.

It seems most people are just sheep to accept what they are told and would rather live in an authoritarian state where they are nannied and told what to think and whats good for them. Freedom of speech is indeed dead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agent Smith)
    If you mean "morally wrong", never. If you mean "factually wrong", 1939.
    History is full of holes, any intelligent person know this :mad:

ReputationRep:
    I dont like seeing homesexuals acting openly gay in the street because it promotes this kind of behaviour and encourages people too see it as ok, possibly leading to larger number of people taking that lifestyle.
    Oh my god...Homosexuality IS ok!! Thats the friggin point. What's wrong with an increase of homosexuality? Gay people ARE born that way and yes, no one is born to be a criminal... Is anyone else tired of this spiel?

99% of the population think of the holocaust as something attrocious done to the jewish people for example and this is what gets focused on, however other historians have claimed different figures claiming infact there was alot more russian and polish casualities there. Of course they are meet by small minded people calling them anti-semites simply for suggesting something a tad different from the mainsteam opinion
    Holocaust memorial days are not JUST held in rememberance of the Jewish population; we also remember those of other nationalities and religions who had their lives tragically taken. Which serious historians put forward real claims that the Holocaust was fabricated? Please enlighten me...

We don't live in an authoritarian state at all, I don't even know where this is coming from....Just shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Gay people ARE born that way
    Not sure about that, but let's face it, it doesn't matter.
    99% of the population think of the holocaust as something attrocious done to the jewish people for example and this is what gets focused on, however other historians have claimed different figures claiming infact there was alot more russian and polish casualities there.
    Au contraire. Most people know that gays, gypsies, Catholics, blacks, left-wingers and so on were also victims; but the evidence indicates that most of the victims were Jews (or at least satisfied the Nazis' criteria of Jewishness). Which historians are these, that are claiming more Russians and Poles died than Jews, and what evidence are they basing their claims on?
    I dont like seeing homesexuals acting openly gay in the street because it promotes this kind of behaviour and encourages people too see it as ok
    Well, it is.
    It seems most people are just sheep to accept what they are told and would rather live in an authoritarian state where they are nannied and told what to think and whats good for them. Freedom of speech is indeed dead
    Wow, I haven't heard that little spiel before. Like, ever.
    History is full of holes, any intelligent person know this :mad:
    The holes are usually where the evidence is lacking or inconclusive. Denying the Holocaust is like denying evolution - you have to intentionally overlook or dismiss the vast, overwhelming bulk of the evidence in order to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ssk2)
    Oh my god...Homosexuality IS ok!! Thats the friggin point. What's wrong with an increase of homosexuality? Gay people ARE born that way and yes, no one is born to be a criminal... Is anyone else tired of this spiel?
    :lolz:

You make all these claims but your just repeating what you have been told is right to think. Your like a sheep Why is anything that is detrimental to the surival of the species ok? Theres also religious reason to dislike them and by this i mean ANY religion.

(Original post by ssk2)
    Gay people ARE born that way and yes, no one is born to be a criminal...
    This is the funniest think i heard all day so your telling me that homosexuality, something that prevents the passing on of genetic information, IS passed down through the genetics and is inate. Whilst criminality, something that is related to survival and staying alive ISN'T

:rolleyes:

Keep living in BBC1 "tell them whats good for them" land. I just laugh at the amount of genetic science and evolutionary psychology that is frankly disregarded and bad talked by liberals so they try and hold together there retardedly idealistic selective Epistemology :rolleyes:

(Original post by ssk2)
    Holocaust memorial days are not JUST held in rememberance of the Jewish population; we also remember those of other nationalities and religions who had their lives tragically taken. Which serious historians put forward real claims that the Holocaust was fabricated? Please enlighten me...

We don't live in an authoritarian state at all, I don't even know where this is coming from....Just shut up.
    Many historians disagree with what there told. Thats the nature of the subject, always challenging what your fed is healthy and should be encouraged and not met with hostility...which this topic seems to inspire in yourself.

And you say we dont live in an authoritarian state?? Do you know how much the parlimentary/democratic system is bypassed in todays day and age? Do you know the sheer amount of legistlation and bills passed through parliment in the last 30 years :mad: Compared to what it used to be its a disgrace. The goverment can pretty much dictate what it feels like, maybe if you had a clue you would understand :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Many historians disagree with what there told. Thats the nature of the subject, always challenging what your fed is healthy and should be encouraged and not met with hostility...which this topic seems to inspire in yourself.
    You're right that the Holocaust can be studied and questioned. But the only problem is that serious reputable historians aren't the ones doing the studying. And now we might have reached a point whereby the faux-historians trying to cover anti-Semitism in the guise of historical study have made it impossible for a serious historian to make a serious study of the Holocaust but the fact would still remain that no historians do so. Thus the whole subject of Holocaust study is an area dominated not by serious and professional historians but by borderline anti-Semites and they deserve to be met with hostility.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.