Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    radio remote add on? LOL - what a friggin joke - £300 odd quid for an iPod in the past and even now (probably) and they can;t even put a radio on? as someones ays in the comments section these radio chips probably cost a few pence - you get free radios all over the palce and can buy them dead chap.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dabs.com/Article.aspx?articleid=3442

Dabs have got the new iPods .. well you can;t buy them yet but they have the prices. Slightly cheaper than Apple but you have to pay P&P as well (not sure whether Apple prices include that or not?).

ReputationRep:
    It looks a bit like a Zen:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Amazon will probably have the new iPods soon, i would have thought.

ReputationRep:
    worth checking this out for you music lovers!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/6982184.stm

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes: really, I'd have thought that was obvious; I've known that for years.

ReputationRep:
    the ipod touch is a joke

and whatever happened to the nano? they became fatso!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so sure about the design of the new Nano either If i was genuinely happy with it, i would have carried out my plan by now: Sell my 2nd Gen 8GB Product Red Ipod Nano (Should get aroung 70-75 for it judging by current listings on ebay) pay another 20 quid on top and buy the 4GB new Ipod Nano from dabs.

No so sure now, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olileauk)
    :rolleyes: really, I'd have thought that was obvious; I've known that for years.
    You'd have thunk

I imagine a large number of people would ignore those warnings anyway.

ReputationRep:
    The iPod has a limit on the volume doesn't it? Anyone know how many decibles it is at highest volume? I almost have it as loud as it goes when I'm cycling. About mid-way normally though.

ReputationRep:
    It ogt a bad rep for going VERY high and I think it got limited after a while

I would still guess it goes way over the recommended limited tho.

ReputationRep:
    You can change the volume limit on the newer iPods (either from 4th or 5th gen) in iTunes.

On my 3rd gen iPod, I used GoPod to remove the EU volume limit and it goes pretty loud, I keep it on around half with my Sennheiser CX300s.

ReputationRep:
    I've got an iPod Photo, what gen is that? I've got a feeling it's 4 but not sure. Will have a look anyway.

Edit: I can't see anything in the options and that's with my iPod plugged in.

Anyway, I no longer need to buy something which I was planning to buy so an iPod Touch might just be a possibility at the end of the month.

They should have kept the Mail and Google Maps applications on the "desktop" of the new iPod ... it has Wifi so would have worked fine. I'm hoping there will be some hacks to add some more wifi enabled apps in the future .. could do quite a lot with that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cortez)
    I've got an iPod Photo, what gen is that? I've got a feeling it's 4 but not sure. Will have a look anyway.
    The Photo comes under 4th generation.

I just checked and the volume limit adjuster is from the 5th gen and nano.

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna get a classic 80gb and wait untill a larger capacity touch comes out cos i like it its just the capacity is to small

Ironic isn't it, iPod touch--Larger screen to watch movies but not enough space to store them

ReputationRep:
    the battery would run out before you could watch 16gbs worth of videos

ReputationRep:
    Agreed, just plan a head and put stuff on you intend to watch, you don't have to carry your entire film library.

16gb is still like 19 movies (give or take) or 2 seasons of Lost - if I had one I would just put my most recent films on, then remove when watched.

ReputationRep:
    Grabbing an ipod touch when they come out! Not sure, a lot of websites have started to say 4-6 weeks, but apple still says September 28th...!

It'll be useful for uni, or that's my argument. I don't want to go use a computer or have to carry around my laptop to check my mail spontaneously or search for a book in the library. Ipod touch for the win!

I have the first ipod mini 4GB, right now. So 8GB will be fine for me, as my music is only 1.3GB, as I pay for it all and only buy odd songs and not albums! So the rest of the space can be used with tv progs to pass the time on campus!

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking the other day .. why have they stopped doing white iPods? I love white ones and it seems weird that that's how iPods started and now they've got rid of them?

ReputationRep:
    Aluminium seems to be the new white, even the iMacs now have aluminium casings. The MacBook is the only Apple product available in white (well, not counting accessories such as docks/cables).

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.