Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samsam123)
    I'm glad I didn't buy Bioshock, everbodys been ravinga bout it and the demo seemed pretty cool but I have wayyy too many shooting games. COD4 will hopefully be the last one I buy for a while... I kinda got to since cus i loved the others so much
    I fancy a racing game,, probably end up getting Dirt when I can be bothered..
    Bioshock is ok, if you like games without MP mode, but the story is a bit short to be honest, and predictable.. Not worth £39.99 that;s for sure.

(Original post by Comrade_Jack)
    errr...Halo?
    Yeah, that will be ok for a month, but will get boring like the other 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    Bioshock is ok, if you like games without MP mode, but the story is a bit short to be honest, and predictable.. Not worth £39.99 that;s for sure.

Yeah, that will be ok for a month, but will get boring like the other 2
    Just out of interest what games do you actually like? You seem completely unimpressed by bioshock which almost everyone else (reviewers and friends of mine who have it) seems to think is an absolutely amazing game. Now you say you were bored of halo 2 within a month, a game that kept most people entertained for several months at least (me included) and i think is still the most played on xbox live!

I'm not having a go at your opinions or anything, i'm just intrigued because you seem to completely disagree with almost everyone else in the world on game choices!

ReputationRep:

I am different to most people, i usually enjoy the games that get crap reviews, then the ones that get 10/10 etc... Weird i know, but i have never been a fan of the really highly rated games.

I wouldn't say i got bored of Halo 2, what i meant was, i will of course get Halo 3, but in a months time, i am also getting COD 4, which will make my copy of Halo 3 more or less unused for weeks, possibly.

Bioshock is more or less the first highly rated game i have bought, and i was so unimpressed. I never trust the reviewers, and now i know why. But i thought i'd give Bioshock a chance. Don't get me wrong, i thought it was great first time round, but not amazingly mind blowing like they said...

A bit long post, but i think i explained it there.

It's weird i know

ReputationRep:
    lol, fair enough i guess

ReputationRep:
    Marksweb

ReputationRep:
    anyone up for a game in like 30 mins, ill be on, add me

GT: amatuloo

ReputationRep:
    So I ended up buying Vegas based on the recommendation of, well, everyone - but got Halo 3 the day after.

Completed it on Legendary yesterday!

ReputationRep:
    Fluent in Lies (GamerCard | Bungie.net)

ReputationRep:
    is Halo 3 any good on Live? I bought it yesterday, but can't be arsed to play it yet..

ReputationRep:
    I havent played the singleplayer only live. itrox.

ReputationRep:
    I've only played campaign so far, and it's good.

ReputationRep:
    The online play is pretty damn good, i must say. Probably the second best online play after COD 4..

ReputationRep:
    Campaign on Normal is quite a toughy, sod trying the others.. lol

ReputationRep:
    o_O

Normal is like Easy, but with achievements. Heroic is manageable. But Legendary just takes the piss.

Give yourself a challenge!

ReputationRep:
    The health goes down quicker on Normal, yet again i was playing it at 4am, and was a wee bit tired, could explain it...

ReputationRep:
    I completed the first level solo on legendary and couldn't be arsed to try any more like that. Getting through checkpoints takes as much luck as it does skill. Heroic is just about right for difficulty, although some levels are far too easy whereas others (mainly the ones with the flood) are a bit too tricky.

ReputationRep:
    I*m doing it on normal and I keep dying ill never manage legendary unless my uber good friend would lend me sum time

ReputationRep:
    So when're we having the halo3 live get together? :p:

ReputationRep:
    very soon i hope, the online stuff is immense

ReputationRep:
    i'm game for a game sometime soon, although before sunday would be good as i'm busy for that whole day finally getting back to uni!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.