Oh dear....

This has never happened before.

Very serious...
indeed :rolleyes:
Alasdair
Badges: 14
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Tory Dan)
alasdair_R, why did you put Churchill some people could find that quite insulting you know.
Why did you put Napoleon? Some people might find that quite insulting...
ThePants999
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
<bangs gavel>

THE ARTICHOKE IS INVOKED!
ukebert
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ThePants999)
<bangs gavel>

THE ARTICHOKE IS INVOKED!
Objection to the invocation of my artichoke hereby submitted.
Alasdair
Report 11 years ago
*puts on top hat*

*tries to think of a point of order*
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Is it just me or is this debate sinking to the level of the MRLP? :rolleyes:
Alasdair
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by ukebert)
Is it just me or is this debate sinking to the level of the MRLP? :rolleyes:
For sheer lunacy, it rated pretty high from the drafting of the bill onwards...
ukebert
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by alasdair_R)
For sheer lunacy, it rated pretty high from the drafting of the bill onwards...
Fine, is it just me or has the debate continued at the level of the MRLP? :p:
SuperhansFavouriteAlsatian
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Cummmm
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
At least we've moved away from Tory ****ging. Have all you weak namby pamby tree hugging poor loving lefties realised that Tories dont **** any of you off?

Yet you just hurl insults at us?

Seems to me like some people are insecure about their political beliefs.
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by duckiciao)
At least we've moved away from Tory ****ging. Have all you weak namby pamby tree hugging poor loving lefties realised that Tories dont **** any of you off?

Yet you just hurl insults at us?

You've actually no idea what I was on about with my mentioning of the artichokes though have you?

The ignorance is sweet. But maybe you should look it up and see how serious it could be if I keep on about it
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Has anyone else noticed how most of the debates in this House invariably turn into a pissing contest?
Ducki
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Roger Kirk)
You've actually no idea what I was on about with my mentioning of the artichokes though have you?

The ignorance is sweet. But maybe you should look it up and see how serious it could be if I keep on about it
My post wasn't connected to artichokes, however, now I am intrigued. What is this artichoke hurling all about?

(Original post by Democracy)
Has anyone else noticed how most of the debates in this House invariably turn into a pissing contest?
I blame the left wingers...
RK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
My post wasn't connected to artichokes, however, now I am intrigued. What is this artichoke hurling all about?
I suggest you read up on your TSR HoC History.

For now I'll provide you with a direct link to the section at hand :p:
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I blame the left wingers...
And yet you're the one who actually edits your post to include that charming message, thereby instigating?
Alasdair
Report 11 years ago
Okay, I'm bored now. I move the house divides into an overwhelming majority who oppose, and a coupla xenophobes who support, the bill and be done with it...
AnythingButChardonnay
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Much less irritating than posting two consecutive posts.
.ACS.
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by alasdair_R)
Okay, I'm bored now. I move the house divides into an overwhelming majority who oppose, and a coupla xenophobes who support, the bill and be done with it...
This is something I've always been interested in... why must someone who is against the European Union (a political union) be at the same time xenophobic?

I'm very much against the European Union as a political union, yet am not at all xenophobic... indeed I lived for a number of years in France and loved my time there. I've even been back on holiday since returning to the UK. Also a number of my friends in France were very much against the European Union and its left-wing nature, yet they weren't at all xenophobic.

Care to elaborate, or is it simply left-wing nature to see everything as so black-and-white?
randdom
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I am not and never have been insecure about my political beliefs. I believe that the reason that people are making comments on the comments of some of the conservative MP's is because they believe them to be incorrect. This is perfectly acceptable and surely in keeping with the real HOC... if fact we might be slightly more civil.
RK
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by .ACS.)
This is something I've always been interested in... why must someone who is against the European Union (a political union) be at the same time xenophobic?

I'm very much against the European Union as a political union, yet am not at all xenophobic... indeed I lived for a number of years in France and loved my time there. I've even been back on holiday since returning to the UK. Also a number of my friends in France were very much against the European Union and its left-wing nature, yet they weren't at all xenophobic.

Care to elaborate, or is it simply left-wing nature to see everything as so black-and-white?
I think Alisdairs comments might be based more on the some of the comments that have come from one or two of the Tory MPs during the course of this discussion rather than simply from the idea of the bill alone.

The couple of people who may be described by some as xenophobes for these comments happen to be the only people (barring yourself) who happen to have spoken in favour of the bill
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (26)
7.03%
They might tell the bully (35)
9.46%
I don't think they'd understand (56)
15.14%
It might lead to more bullying (144)
38.92%
There's nothing they could do (109)
29.46%

Watched Threads