Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaseand)
    I found what to write on the license agreement (purple form) because its rather confusing about where to sign with its confuzziling words. :s
    Have you gone in for the Van mildert thing?

ReputationRep:
    No decided no to in the end. Dont fancy being out of college in first year even though dont really wanna share.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LieDown)
    Oh wow hey!! :wave: I'm doing anthropology too, in case you hadn't alreayd seen me screeching about it earlier on in the thread
    There are a few more people doing anthropology on TSR in one way or another, but none from Grey :yep: so yay, it's nice to finally meet someone from Grey who is also doing it

ahh the paperwork is killing me! I am just finishing my student college record bit, but I cant enroll online until I find out what option to pick if you chose to live at van Mildert. Why didnt they explain that? I've emailed but probably would get a response til Monday which just delays the whole thing.

And yeah, Im rubbish at filling in forms too! I have to keep asking my mum for help, and also my writing in capitals looks so childish and illegible.... :o:

Did you get just the first freshers pack, or have you got that one and the alternative handbook by now? Just wondering whether our post is really as slow as it seems
    eeee! =] i havent come accross anyone else doing anth at grey either. isn't it great being so close to the science site now! when i was offered grey i was a bit miffed because it was so out of the way of all the departments i'd be using, but when i went to the open day they took us to the science site and revealed thats where both arch and anth are moving to as of this term, so it suddenly turned into my top choice haha. lazyness over-rules all!

im really confused about the student enrollment thing, my freshers pack said i should have had an email already about it giving me details of how to access it etc. but i havent had one =/ i havent seen any lisense agreement online either, where can i find that??? lol im really panicking now!

ReputationRep:
    THis is the student online enrollment thing:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/grey.college/incoming-students/

Then the license agreement form you only need to do in the pack (that purple-pink sheet) i think, cos the only stuff online about it is information on it.

I haven't had an email from them either, I think you get it AFTER you've enrolled online.
    Well, at least, I think that's what you do. They write in such a confusing way!!!
    But have you sent a confirmation email yet like the UCAS letter said? Or confirmed your email on Durham AES. You might get an email once you've done all that. Well, I have, and I havent got an email yet, but I assume it'll come once I've enrolled online.

Yeah I'm SO pleased Grey is so close by! I was relieved. Not a long walk at all Especially for you guys who are doing arch and anth, its pretty much the same building!
    I'm so excited about the course But i haven't decided what to do for the options from different boards. do you get that if you do a joint degree?

Have you decided to take the Van Mildert option or are you just sticking with staying at Grey?

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah that's a good point....except it looks very official and I dont really want to mess it up, although they should have really made it clearler if there are 86 of us with that option.
    also we have to choose a license agreement option online, and you cant really write anything extra on that.
    If they dont get back to you, tick the one that fits the price that you pay (i.e. the one without xmas + easter on). Otherwise you will have more money then you should coming out of your account.

Of course, if you make a mistake, its really doesnt matter too much normally, they tend to be easily fixable. Relax.

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what Ive done now. decided Im not waiting any longer since Im going away for a bit tomorrow.
    looks like im going to need a vaccination or something before I go...great, what a nice thing to look forward to!

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what Ive done now. decided Im not waiting any longer since Im going away for a bit tomorrow.
    looks like im going to need a vaccination or something before I go...great, what a nice thing to look forward to!
    Yeah, its good to get the paperwork out of the way early, it means the college can get back to you quicker with whatever else they may need to know.

Whereabouts are you off to, anyways?

ReputationRep:
    Can we only arrive on the 4th October btw? We couldn't arrive and everything on the 3rd?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hopping Mad Kangaroo)
    Yeah, its good to get the paperwork out of the way early, it means the college can get back to you quicker with whatever else they may need to know.

Whereabouts are you off to, anyways?
    No where too exciting, just London Going to earn some money babysitting for family down there. lord knows I need the money now Ive looked at this battels invoice. So want to get all this paperwork done before I go, doubt I could do anything with two small children wrapped around me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sparhawk)
    Can we only arrive on the 4th October btw? We couldn't arrive and everything on the 3rd?
    Phone your college and ask them. If you ask soon enough they might have space...

ReputationRep:
    THis is the student online enrollment thing:

http://www.dur.ac.uk/grey.college/incoming-students/

Then the license agreement form you only need to do in the pack (that purple-pink sheet) i think, cos the only stuff online about it is information on it.

I haven't had an email from them either, I think you get it AFTER you've enrolled online.
    Well, at least, I think that's what you do. They write in such a confusing way!!!
    But have you sent a confirmation email yet like the UCAS letter said? Or confirmed your email on Durham AES. You might get an email once you've done all that. Well, I have, and I havent got an email yet, but I assume it'll come once I've enrolled online.

Yeah I'm SO pleased Grey is so close by! I was relieved. Not a long walk at all Especially for you guys who are doing arch and anth, its pretty much the same building!
    I'm so excited about the course But i haven't decided what to do for the options from different boards. do you get that if you do a joint degree?

Have you decided to take the Van Mildert option or are you just sticking with staying at Grey?
    ah yeah i filled that online form in the other day, but i had complete forgotten about the AES thing. i just went on it, and it says "Don't forget that you need to return your AS12 form to confirm your place. "
    well, i have an AS12B letter from UCAS that says its a confirmation letter and tells me to email durham admissions and give them my details and confirm my place. i did that yesterday and assumed that was that. but the letter isnt a form, and by the way the AES site puts it, it almost sounds like a different letter altogether that i need to return by post? im confused...

i didnt opt for the van mildert thing, because i wanted to be in Grey for my first term to settle in properly, but then i might end up getting put over there anyway if not enough people volunteer.

as for the options from different boards, do you mean picking your modules? i dont know when i have to do that. i have to do 2 complusory modules from both arch and anth, and then pick a third module or whatever from a choice of about 3? i dont know how you do it in single honours.

ReputationRep:
    No where too exciting, just London Going to earn some money babysitting for family down there. lord knows I need the money now Ive looked at this battels invoice. So want to get all this paperwork done before I go, doubt I could do anything with two small children wrapped around me
    Meh, its nice to get away I guess. Though I cant actually wait to return home from Durham this time around...

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed the grey jcr site has had the freshers guide updated for this year - http://www.dur.ac.uk/grey.jcr/index....tion/freshers/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I saw that too!

ReputationRep:
    Alright fellow Grey students,

Anyone got an MSN thing going on? I'd quite like to chat to a few of you before we all head over! Would probably ease the nerves and get a few questions sorted since we're all in the same boat.

ReputationRep:

Anyone got an MSN thing going on? I'd quite like to chat to a few of you before we all head over! Would probably ease the nerves and get a few questions sorted since we're all in the same boat.

Yeh sounds like a good idea. Are you on facebook because theres a few college groups on there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vaseand)
    Yeh sounds like a good idea. Are you on facebook because theres a few college groups on there?
    Yes, but didn't really make much progress there lol

ReputationRep:

Good idea. I dont have a Facebook so thats a good alternative...

ReputationRep:
    Good idea. I dont have a Facebook so thats a good alternative...
    :eek:

ReputationRep:
    [email protected]

if anyone fancies a chat

also, has anyone got the email yet which gives them their Student Enrollment System information? the freshers handbook thing they sent in the post said i should have already recieved it, and that was about a week ago =/

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.