Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weider)
    well people are naturally going to be a bit pissed that he is getting it so much easier. you cannot tell me he has a hard life can you, that ones plainly obvious. people on here are students who will be working in crappy jobs for a crappy wage and buying the cheapest stuff they can find to live on. you cannot really blame them for feeling contempt towards AMG when he says the things he does. it doesnt take much if anything for people to get annoyed by it. and the fact that hes not willing to help the situaion in the slightest doesnt help either. imo its nothing to do with jealousy, just a dislike of the "unfairness" if you can call it that.

im guessing you are siding with AMG because you have a similar background? there are plenty of rich people on here, perhaps even more so than AMG, who knows, but he is the only one boasting therefore he is the only one getting the stick for it.

as ive said. AMG is the problem here. not everybody else.
    I think you fail to realise that in each thread i havnt mentioned my cars or my wealth, one person says something, then another joins in then the thread just gets derailed by 1 person having a problem ...

ReputationRep:
    right, now that your here. would you mind trying something out and changing your sig? just for a few days and see what difference it makes
    done

ReputationRep:
    AMG is my hero.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    I think you fail to realise that in each thread i havnt mentioned my cars or my wealth, one person says something, then another joins in then the thread just gets derailed by 1 person having a problem ...
    no havnet failed to relise that. people dont forget your username, when your on this forum, you are representing yourself. doesnt matter which section your in or which threads you post in. what you say in one, is and will be carried over to another. if you say something in one thread people will inevitably bring it up in another. thats another problem that needs fixing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    done
    good. that will help im sure. i think were starting to get somewhere now

ReputationRep:
    no havnet failed to relise that. people dont forget your username, when your on this forum, you are representing yourself. doesnt matter which section your in or which threads you post in. what you say in one, is and will be carried over to another. if you say something in one thread people will inevitably bring it up in another. thats another problem that needs fixing.
    Yes but the last 10 threads i havnt said anything, people just keep bringing it up to help their side of a debate

To keep bringing it up after 10 threads its pretty pathetic in my opinion, im sure you would agree on that?

ReputationRep:
    well people are naturally going to be a bit pissed that he is getting it so much easier. you cannot tell me he has a hard life can you, that ones plainly obvious. people on here are students who will be working in crappy jobs for a crappy wage and buying the cheapest stuff they can find to live on. you cannot really blame them for feeling contempt towards AMG when he says the things he does. it doesnt take much if anything for people to get annoyed by it. and the fact that hes not willing to help the situaion in the slightest doesnt help either. imo its nothing to do with jealousy, just a dislike of the "unfairness" if you can call it that.

im guessing you are siding with AMG because you have a similar background? there are plenty of rich people on here, perhaps even more so than AMG, who knows, but he is the only one boasting therefore he is the only one getting the stick for it.

as ive said. AMG is the problem here. not everybody else.
    I understand what your saying. And, yes AMG could do alot to help himself out. But, people will also need to address their dislike to the 'unfairness' as you call it. Unfortunately it happens in life, their will always be someone, somewhere who can have a better job/be earning more/have faster cars (unless your Bill Gates of course, lol!). I think if people are willing to accept that AMG is one of these people, and if AMG is willing to hide the fact a bit better (in his posts and his sig). Then can we move on.

I'm not siding with anyone, I am just saying it as I see it. I have no desire to comment on my background, I prefer to be judged for what I am now..

I dont want this to turn into an argument, I just want to see if their is a way all parties can put in a little effort and stop all this bickering. Its starting to get incredibly boring and seems to end up the main topic on every thread.

So could we agree to the following?

- AMG, change your sig. Put what you want in your profile but dont force people to see what you drive. Think carefully before you post anything about cost issues or what you drive, purely in the sake of diplomacy.

- Everyone else, give the guy another chance. Dont jump on him every thread bringing up what he drives or what he does. If you have an issue with something he says, then by all means go ahead and argue. But stop with the personal attacks. If you have other issues with him, bite your tongue or PM him and discuss.

Surely this isnt too much to ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    Yes but the last 10 threads i havnt said anything, people just keep bringing it up to help their side of a debate

To keep bringing it up after 10 threads its pretty pathetic in my opinion, im sure you would agree on that?
    yes. you must have hit a deep nerve :p: if you be careful with what you post then people shouldnt have much to ***** about. and if they do, hit the "bad post" button. i will do the same also. but its critical that you keep up your side too, though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prodriven)
    I understand what your saying. And, yes AMG could do alot to help himself out. But, people will also need to address their dislike to the 'unfairness' as you call it. Unfortunately it happens in life, their will always be someone, somewhere who can have a better job/be earning more/have faster cars (unless your Bill Gates of course, lol!). I think if people are willing to accept that AMG is one of these people, and if AMG is willing to hide the fact a bit better (in his posts and his sig). Then can we move on.

I'm not siding with anyone, I am just saying it as I see it. I have no desire to comment on my background, I prefer to be judged for what I am now..

I dont want this to turn into an argument, I just want to see if their is a way all parties can put in a little effort and stop all this bickering. Its starting to get incredibly boring and seems to end up the main topic on every thread.

So could we agree to the following?

- AMG, change your sig. Put what you want in your profile but dont force people to see what you drive. Think carefully before you post anything about cost issues or what you drive, purely in the sake of diplomacy.

- Everyone else, give the guy another chance. Dont jump on him every thread bringing up what he drives or what he does. If you have an issue with something he says, then by all means go ahead and argue. But stop with the personal attacks. If you have other issues with him, bite your tongue or PM him and discuss.

Surely this isnt too much to ask?
    Done on my side, i predict its still going to happen again, no matter what i say and even if im right the counter argument will be, he doesnt even pay for insurance, he doesnt do this, doesnt do that, doesnt work an honest hard days work, daddys boy :rolleyes: 95% tiime i just sit back and take it, other times i will be nasty back...who wouldnt

ReputationRep:
    yes. you must have hit a deep nerve :p: if you be careful with what you post then people shouldnt have much to ***** about. and if they do, hit the "bad post" button. i will do the same also. but its critical that you keep up your side too, though :cool:
    I cant believe how this thread turned out, this thread was completely aimed for new drivers who needed this sort of info, look at pumpkins first reply :eek:

(Original post by pumpkin7)
    dear god, SHUT UP will you, oh 'grand master of all things automobile'. stop thinking you know it all. you don't. once you understand that, life will become much easier for you.
    Talk about wtf!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    Done on my side, i predict its still going to happen again, no matter what i say and even if im right the counter argument will be, he doesnt even pay for insurance, he doesnt do this, doesnt do that, doesnt work an honest hard days work, daddys boy :rolleyes: 95% tiime i just sit back and take it, other times i will be nasty back...who wouldnt
    Nice one :gthumb:

Now if the rest of us keep to the otherside hopefully the motoring forum can once again become a place to discuss motoring.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    I cant believe how this thread turned out, this thread was completely aimed for new drivers who needed this sort of info, look at pumpkins first reply :eek:

Talk about wtf!
    weve all read the thread. no point in bringing it back up. i can tell you now this will happen in future threads, but it will die off eventually. just let the last stragglers get their opinions out then it will be over and done with. but if you reply to them then the fire will be stoked again. at the end of the day your not dealing with intelligent people individually, your dealing with new people who dont know the full story and others who are just going with the crowd or just engaging keyboard before brain. just give it time.

ReputationRep:
    hey prodiven, i need something sub 5ish but is also extremely reliable.... any ideas?????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG)
    hey prodiven, i need something sub 5ish but is also extremely reliable.... any ideas?????
    sub £5k? E39, surely?

ReputationRep:
    Just because a beemer is sub5k to buy doesn't mean it will be the same as a sub5k car to run and fix. If your budget doesn't allow space to fix a car then I'd consider something a bit cheaper on the ol' spares.

ReputationRep:
    What do you want it for?

ReputationRep:
    i meant sub 5 secs 0-60, but reliability needs to be extreme

ReputationRep:
    atom 300

As fast as your postcount increasing and Honda powered so should be pretty good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Catbert)
    What do you want it for?
    Going to Germany possibly even further east from there..

ReputationRep:
    s2000 should be fine , 0 -60 in 6 secs, that fine ! what are they like on reliability though?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.