Turn on thread page Beta

Are you hesitant to admit you find yourself attractive watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No, I have been told I'm very attractive so why not believe it :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_make_arrogance_look_sexy)
    I'm sure you are, but I never fully believe what anyone tells about, anything just like that.

ReputationRep:
    I've been told I'm both ugly and beautiful so I just settle on thinking I'm below average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fredscarecrow)
    I don't think I'm hideous (excpet on bad day :p:) but I don't think I've ever looked in a mirror and thought 'I'm actually content with how I look' or 'I'm actually not bad'.

I can't understand how somebody could do that though..it's just..not a mind set I could hold. to look at myself and go 'yes, I'm attractive'.

I remember when I was younger (maybe 12/13?) and I was walking with my brother and went 'Actually, you know, I'm reasonably pretty' - I have no idea why I said that, it was in response to something - and my brother (who is 18months older) stopped, looked at me and laughed and said 'You?!' and I think that's stuck with me for a long time. Just reaffirms what I already knew/thought.
    'not hideous' is really not doing you justice. You're really good looking! I always find it amusing how girls are never able to judge their own appearance accurately!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i_make_arrogance_look_sexy)
    ha, you've also been told otherwise. You shouldn't be so arrogant cos you're really not all that. You'd be in the bottom half of all the girls I ever slept with anyway.

Here's a question for ppl, why when a girl is arrogant its considered 'sassy' or whatever BS. But when a guy is he's a d.ick? Double standards I tell you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like any girls thinking or saying they're good looking

ReputationRep:
    I know i'm sexy! I look at my mirror at least 1 hour per day. I should be a model.
    ...no i'm kidding, i'm butters

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yuffie)
    I don't like any girls thinking or saying they're good looking
    Lol, wut!?

Explain

ReputationRep:
    ^ Never say 'butters' again.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think i'm attractive so there is nothing to admit and anybody that says different is just lying in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bete noire)
    Lol, wut!?

Explain
    Everyone finds different things nice and I've seen so many dodgy girls being like "am sxci" that I don't reckon anyone can say hands down "I am fit" because some people will think one person's gorgeous and others will think they're ugly. Ie loads of people think Angelina Jolie is a babe and others think she looks like an alien. No one can think they're good looking because it's all down to perception.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    ^ Never say 'butters' again.
    Why not?:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 030112)
    Why not?:confused:
    It's chav slang!

ReputationRep:
    v. good question

when i was fat a few years ago since i was about 11 till 15-16 i got called ugly a lot (by boys believe it or not) so i didn't really think i was good looking. then i lost weight, a lot of girls, some strangers, some friends gave me attention, that improved my confidence. nowadays i'd openly say i'm good looking, and a lot of my mates tease me now for being a bit vain. but hey, i'd rather be confident about my looks than be ashamed of them like i was back then!

ReputationRep:
    It's chav slang!
    haha grow up you numpty

ReputationRep:
    haha grow up you numpty
    What? I don't like chavs and I don't like chav slang!

EDIT: But we're getting slightly off topic :p:

ReputationRep:
    What? I don't like chavs and I don't like chav slang!

EDIT: But we're getting slightly off topic :p:
    Yeah, stop acting like a twelve year old man, who gives a **** about chavs or chav slang. Secondary school is over.

ReputationRep:
    haha grow up you numpty
    DO say numpty again, best word ever

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, stop acting like a twelve year old man, who gives a **** about chavs or chav slang. Secondary school is over.
    (Last post on this, promise!) Actually, I'm still at secondary school, like many people on TSR. My point is that nobody should use chav slang. Simple as.

ReputationRep:
    haha, you're a habs boy!
    off topic saorrryy

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 11, 2008
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.