Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    well last year did it front of everyone and it was so crazy. might have to go into quite corner - as these results determine if i've made into uni.

ReputationRep:
    I'm feeling sick thinking about results.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone get a really ignorant kid who just goes around asking what everyone else gets and when they have low grades, they go awww well i got 4A's

Such a considerate person :rolleyes: getting a buzz over others failures!!

ReputationRep:
    I'll be in Australia

So I'll get them when I arrive home

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm. My parents always like to be there when I open mine so that I guess *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I'm away, so my parents are collecting them and then calling me. I hate that! it happened last year and I got rubbish results, hopefully this year I'll have done better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    Does anyone get a really ignorant kid who just goes around asking what everyone else gets and when they have low grades, they go awww well i got 4A's

Such a considerate person :rolleyes: getting a buzz over others failures!!

No, I get the bloody irritating one who goes "oh that's really good, well done!" when someone else gets a C, but cries for 4 days if she gets a B in a module.
    Double-standarded idiot.

I'm sick of being told "Oh don't worry" about my conditional AAA offer, while she has a nervous breakdown and has to see the doctor, while sitting exams for her unconditional offer and scholarship at her favourite Uni.

*is *****ing*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EducatingBrogan)
    No, I get the bloody irritating one who goes "oh that's really good, well done!" when someone else gets a C, but cries for 4 days if she gets a B in a module.
    Double-standarded idiot.
    What do you expect her to say then... "haha you got C... R E TA R D!!"

ReputationRep:
    They don't even put them in envolopes at my school. They're just on pieces of paper so everyone can see... last year for my AS's they gave me the wrong persons :eek: so I had to go back and ask for mine!

This year I'll be on holiday with two friends so will find out over the phone (let's hope they give me the right ones this time ha)... heavy drinking will follow, whatever the results!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .John.)
    What do you expect her to say then... "haha you got C... R E TA R D!!"

No, but perhaps a simple "well done" rather than an overdone "a C is really really good, what are you upset about?"

As she resits an exam because her A wasn't high enough for her liking.

If her offer was high, I'd understand. But it's unconditional. So her stress levels really irritate me.

ReputationRep:
    I'll probably go back to my car to open them and then come back to chat with everyone. But yeah, I'll be checking UCAS first and if I havnt got in I'll just take them home.
    We'll see how my last two exams go, but all I can imagine is BCC. Its what I need for uni, so its fine.. but a lot lower than im predicted.
    xx

ReputationRep:
    I can't open mine with friends around, I just can't!

I hate it, because if you've done really badly, you can't just have a breakdown in public.
    If you've done REALLY well, you can't be too happy about it, because friends nearby may have been disappointed and so you can't come across as a show off.
    If you've done ok, but someone has done much better, you just have to fix a fake grin.

Horribbbleee.

I'll open mine at home, alone.

EDIT: Then go to a friend's party and get very drunk...whatever the outcome. :p:

ReputationRep:
    My palms are literally getting clammy just thinking about opening that bloody sheet.

I know you don't want to hear about my sweaty hands, but tough.

ARRRGGGHHH!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the US at the time so my parents will know before me They are going to collect them and then phone me, Iwill definitely be in a quiet corner though. As I'm in NY it will be about 5-6 in the morning but I doubt I will get much sleep that night anyway, I might just find an Internet cafe and sit there refreshing UCAS Track all night

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Fool'sGold*)

EDIT: Then go to a friend's party and get very drunk...whatever the outcome. :p:
    That goes without saying Exam result time is the only time I drink more than a unit or two of alcohol!

ReputationRep:
    I may get them and walk outside and open them in front of nobody else and just hope my brainy friend isn't there as well

if they are bad (probably will be) i will just go home straight away

ReputationRep:
    Just realised my Mum will want to be there. she'll be hanging at the door! So I'd have to sort of yell over my shoulder at my friends whether yes or no and go to my mum, then rush back to fill in my friends! Ah confusing haha. oh well, I really should stop planning this, i haven't even finished my exams!

ReputationRep:
    probs just open them there when i get them.
    you queue up in alphabetical bits, get an envelope and go. in jan i just opened them there and had a peak

ReputationRep:
    In Jan, some people knew what I got even before I did.. hope they don't ruin the surprise this time

ReputationRep:
    check UCAS at what is it? 6? to find out if i got into Uni.

yes, open it right there.

no...go to cornor

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.