Turn on thread page Beta

A Level Results watch

• View Poll Results: What are your A Level results (actual or predicted)?
    > AAA
    27.14%
    AAA
    20.00%
    AAB
    17.14%
    ABB
    12.29%
    BBB
    7.43%
    BBC
    5.14%
    BCC
    4.00%
    CCC
    2.00%
    CCD
    1.14%
    CDD
    0.29%
    DDD
    0.57%
    DDE
    0.29%
    DEE
    0.29%
    EEE
    0.29%
    2.00%

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by affinity89)
      Religious Studies is a beast and is completely different from GCSE. If I didn't find it interesting and love my teachers, I would definately have been tempted to change it to something else lol. In fact, quite a few people did (one changed to Music, another to Maths, another to Chemistry).
      haha! changing to maths or chemistry FROM religious studies because they were finding it hard going shows the level of intensity between subjects is pretty much even.

i love religious studies, but it is no way a mickey mouse subject.

i don't really think any subjects can be considered mickey mouse. some are easier than others, but not to everyone.

but that's just my humble opinion.

ReputationRep:
      Well, I'm predicted 4 As, but thats not going to happen.
      3 As and a B would be enough to get me into Cambridge. But I would be extremely apprehensive in stating that I think I've done that. 2 As and 2 Bs is the least I would be happy with.

Oh, and not because I'm snobby, but because its what I'm capable of getting, and any less will be letting myself down. If your predicted less, but get what your predicted, or exceed it, then you've done just as well as someone who gets 3 As.

ReputationRep:
      Hoping For Aab -if Not Medicine At Uni Is Out Of The Question (only One Offer)

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 251)
      Highly doubt it
      Explain
      One definition of snobby is:

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

Saying "People need to get out more" is patronising, as is "Academics are pretty much nothing if nobody likes you in my opinion". Saying people are "nothing" is rather snobby.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 251)
      Highly doubt it
      Explain
      This thread asks people what they are predicted / got and if replying back with AAA makes you think those people are socially stunted sort of makes you look slightly snobbish but I would say more shallow since you basically called all these A grade achieving people losers

I'm not personally attacking you and I know what you mean with people being overly competitive and feeling superior because of their grades but that doesn't mean everyone who gets As are snobbish even though people like that do exist...I haven't seen anyone brag about it here which is why your reply may have seemed shallow?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Kerch)
      One definition of snobby is:

1. One who tends to patronize, rebuff, or ignore people regarded as social inferiors and imitate, admire, or seek association with people regarded as social superiors.

Saying "People need to get out more" is patronising, as is "Academics are pretty much nothing if nobody likes you in my opinion". Saying people are "nothing" is rather snobby.
      I never once said people are nothing, i said/meant that academic success to me means nothing if thats all your life is based on instead of people

People do need to get out more because this forum as i see it shows a lot of people talking rubbish about mickey mouse subjects and not understanding that it isn't possible for everybody to do the sciences/maths/traditional subjects

don't think this post makes much sense, but try understand where im coming from

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by eMJaaay♥)
      This post asks people what they are predicted / got and if replying back with AAA makes you think those people are socially stunted sort of makes you look slightly snobbish but I would say more shallow since you basically called all these A grade achieving people losers

I'm not personally attacking you and I know what you mean with people being overly competitive and feeling superior because of their grades but that doesn't mean everyone who gets As are snobbish even though people like that do exist...I haven't seen anyone brag about it here which is why your reply may have seemed shallow?
      I did say i wasn't tryna downplay people's achievements but by snobbish i meant people talking about "mickey mouse subjects" and looking down on people because of their subject choices etc. I have nooooo problem with people being proud of AAA's, i'd be shouting it from the rooftops if that was what i was predicted

A couple of pages back there is someone who in my opinion seems to be on some kind of high ground coming like they're better than others

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by 251)
      I did say i wasn't tryna downplay people's achievements but by snobbish i meant people talking about "mickey mouse subjects" and looking down on people because of their subject choices etc. I have nooooo problem with people being proud of AAA's, i'd be shouting it from the rooftops if that was what i was predicted

A couple of pages back there is someone who in my opinion seems to be on some kind of high ground coming like they're better than others
      Oh right yeah I totally agree with you but from your earlier post it could have been interpreted as you being shallow and labeling everyone with As as snobbish but thats cleared up then

ReputationRep:
      I've been predicted AAA but I thinkits not a good thing, its too much pressure yes i'm proud i could achieve that but if I don't it's not the end of the world. BBB and i'd be happy

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sourcesgal)
      I've been predicted AAA but I thinkits not a good thing, its too much pressure yes i'm proud i could achieve that but if I don't it's not the end of the world. BBB and i'd be happy
      I totally understand. Some of my friends are like "you're not stressed because you know you are going to get AAA". Fat chance. ABB would get me into my firm.

ReputationRep:
      At the end of the day, anyone who manages to make it out of the British school system alive has done incredibly well in my book, whether they go on to work in MacDonalds or take it all the way through to Masters etc. :p:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by kevster)
      will you/have you applied/been accepted to oxbridge?
      oxbridge? me? nahhhhh
      I am gonna do medicine nxt year in Liverpool *whoop whoop*

ReputationRep:
      There's no bloody way I'm entering this before results day. I'm predicted AAA, as I got AAB in my subjects last year and the B i took up two months late. I hope I achieve the AAA result.

ReputationRep:
      thats actually a really nice curve!
      seeing as there are so many clever people surely someone will be able to work out somethin ablout with the normal or poisson distributions or something! XD

ReputationRep:
      lol shows that people on student room are a bunch of smart asses

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by studentbug)
      lol shows that people on student room are a bunch of smart asses
      So it would appear lol. No wonder it is easy to feel stupid when you talk to some of the people on here.

ReputationRep:
      ABC by the power of Greyskull.

ReputationRep:
      Wow, this really is an interesting poll... Shows what a poor representation the members of TSR are as a representation of all students doing A-levels. In my school (a highly-performing comprihenshive), there are only about ten of us in the year (approx 160 people) who are aiming for AAA and only three who are doing more than 3 A2 levels... Most people are expected to get B's, C's and D's and maybe the occasional A thrown in here and there. So TSR is full of very clever people!

Myself, I'm predicted AAAA (hahaha) and am doing Philosophy & Ethics, English Literature, Geography and Drama & Theatre Studies (some would consider this a soft option but its actually by far the hardest subject because of the extremely particular skills the examiners expect, both in performance, analysis and written exams!)

ReputationRep:
      AAB :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      i know..TSR is really full of clever people.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.