Students stabbed and set alight Watch

thedevilisback
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It could possibly be drug related rather than mistaken identity. I mean its not uncommon for foreign students to seek dealers in london from which they can buy drugs they would use at home. Maybe these 2 ended up with a bad guy and possibly owed quite a bit of money. This just a theory.
Gimperial
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lets not speculate
s.e.r.e.n.e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by HCD)
Apparently not; the IHT is a pretty reliable source. More reliable than our press this side of the pond, at any rate! :p:
Well there isn't many good newspapers in Britain these days to be honest. We are being dumbed down by the press. Financial Times looks like the only good newspaper around, and the Economist is really the pride of Britain. As for regular news, the Times now is no longer the Times then. IHT and NYT are much better newspapers in my opinion. At least they have top columnist like Cohen and Dowd instead of people like Camilla Cavendish!
timothykca
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
i feel so sad about that
ChosenOne
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by thedevilisback)
It could possibly be drug related rather than mistaken identity. I mean its not uncommon for foreign students to seek dealers in london from which they can buy drugs they would use at home. Maybe these 2 ended up with a bad guy and possibly owed quite a bit of money. This just a theory.
Ha! Spoke to a friend about this yesterday and the first thing they said was 'How much money did they owe?'
thedevilisback
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ChosenOne)
Ha! Spoke to a friend about this yesterday and the first thing they said was 'How much money did they owe?'
Yeah, well I mean its pretty unusual that they would be randomly attacked in their flats. If they were attacked on the street than that would be another issue.
jonskibeat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by digitaltoast)
Twice in the last week, I've read in the ZaNu Labour mouthpiece "The Guardian" that crime is falling. This is in the same week that the 17th under-16 year old was murdered in London
...make that 18 now...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7489039.stm
Brainstorm
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Someone from another student forum said that these two lads got burgled a few days ago, the burglar threatened them never to report to the police but they did anyway...
xaxa
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ninety_nine)
Has the crime rate in London increased? I'm just wondering because it seems like it has from all the media coverage (all the teenagers being stabbed).
No. Knife crime has gone up, but gun crime has gone down by the same amount.

(Original post by ChosenOne)
That's not a nice attitude to have. You've got to realise why so many youths in our cities are becoming 'little gangsters'. Some of them are pretty much forced into it. Certain areas you better carry that knife. Education and government are failing them.
Happiness is falling among children/teenagers, I think that's the main problem. There's several causes (e.g. school is less fun, there's less stuff to do, there's a terrible stereotype against teenagers in public).

(And, of course, carrying a knife makes you less safe.)

(Original post by solo2wolf)
**** like this would never happen at MIT
No, they'd have been shot instead.
madima
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He Got Caught.
Lilflipsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by madima)
He Got Caught.
He gave himself up and was told to wait in the queue.

Killer: "hey, I come to give my self up, I killed that two Frenchmen on the teli"

Policeman: "you what?"

Killer : "I said I killed two person"

Policeman: "hey, dont push in the queue, wait back there, wait your turn, ok?"

Killer: "........."
ivanem
Report 9 years ago
students who worked hard to earn what they wanted and then some lunatics..
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Imperial College London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 25 Jun '19
    Wed, 26 Jun '19
    Sat, 14 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads