Girls: Scared of giving birth? Watch

The Strangest Quark
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Utterly utterly hate the idea. I'm waiting for those clever scientists to find a way to grow babies in jars.
vixky!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by snoogy)
I'm almost finished watching Dawn Gets a Baby after you suggested it and it's safe to say I'm suitably traumatised. It all just looks so incredibly owwie!
Ooh I'm glad you watched it. I felt the same, it's scary stuff.
*Bleachage*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I read an article in a newspaper once that apparently if the man isnt present at the birth then the woman gives birth a lot sooner. According to research having a loved one nearby increases stress levels when in distress.

If I ever get over my fear of giving birth naturally, I would choose to not have my husband by my side, because they can delay the process (not my words rather the articles)
little_green
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I would say the contractions are much worse than pushing the baby out - like very strong period pains that come closer and closer together until you feel you can't cope anymore, but that's usually a sign that you're almost ready to push which comes as a relief.

I honestly think I would give birth again tomorrow if it meant I could have that first moment with my daughter again and relive it properly - first time round they had to quickly give her oxygen as she had squeezed her cord and came out all blue, plus I was a bit outof it on gas and air. I remember marvelling at her tiny fingernails while my other half blubbed away next to me lol
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by *Bleachage*)
If I ever get over my fear of giving birth naturally, I would choose to not have my husband by my side, because they can delay the process (not my words rather the articles)
What if he WANTS to be present at the birth of his child? That's not very fair saying he can't be there for such an important moment.

(Original post by little_green)
I would say the contractions are much worse than pushing the baby out
yep agreed the contractions are the worst part
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
urgh, this thread has made me even more :afraid:
katwin
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah, I've always been disgusted/horrified by both the idea of me being pregnant, and me giving birth.
Luckily, it's a choice, so I'm just gonna not do it and therefore not have to be scared
Amykins
Report 10 years ago
I'm not at all scared about labour or pregnancy. Getting told there's a decent chance that you won't be able to have kids really cuts down on the worries of what will happen if you do get pregnant.

I would never willingly choose to have a C-Section though;
a) you're unable to do anything for a long long time afterwards, even lifting the baby to begin with.
b) it hurts for longer.
c) any other babies you have will have to be C-Sections.

I'm not looking forward to the pain or the pooing but by the time I get there I think I'll be so desperate to get him/her/them (eek) out I won't care, plus (according to mummy) you lose your dignity long before you poo yourself, lol. And for me it'll be completely worth it. My friend on the other hand is due in a month and she's not looking forward to it at all, although if she could have the baby out now she would because she's no longer enjoying having him laying on her bladder and kicking her ribs.
dita_parlo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes I'm scared but I want children so... lol. I'm 24 now and we want kids in the next 2/3 years so my need to have children is stronger than the scary idea of giving birth.
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Amykins)
c) any other babies you have will have to be C-Sections.
that's not necessarily so, a lot of women have VBACs
abc101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Okay, with the pooping thing. Does this happen with pretty much every labour?!

I know it is completely silly to worry about it as I've got a good few years ahead of me before it's going to be an issue, but really?! Is there any way to not poop yourself?
*Bleachage*
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Besides the terrible pain putting me off, the poop thing is the thing i feel most disgusted by and i think stands a good chance of putting me off
little_green
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abc101)

I know it is completely silly to worry about it as I've got a good few years ahead of me before it's going to be an issue, but really?! Is there any way to not poop yourself?
A lot of women tend to have a good 'clear-out' not long before they go into labour - it's the body's way of making it easier for the baby to come out. It used to be common to give a woman an enema when she went into hospital but i don't think this is done now. It is quite an off-putting thought and quite embarrassing but honestly you won't care at the time and the midwives have seen it all before. Also, your other half can be spared the delightful view if he stays away from the business end :p:
PinkMobilePhone
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by abc101)

I only pooed for the second labour, but not the first.

It didn't help that I was fed curry in hospital whilst I was being induced :rolleyes:
Ang|ophi|e
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My mom told me that when she had me, the doctors gave her something that made her poo before she actually started pushing. I guess they don't do that anymore?
Y'anami!
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
So scared My mom makes it out like it's nothing but this one movie called 9 Months with Hugh Grant made me scream.. it was worse than a horror movie.
mummyemj
Report 9 years ago
ok basically i gave birth naturally and thats the best way if u ask me i was back home that eveining my sister had a csection and cant do anything for 6 weeks and u get a big scar!! yes 80% of women poo while givin birth but so what u not going to realise r u tbh the midwifes and doctors do this day in and day out i luckily didnt poo (i asked my fiancee and i can tell if he fibbing) but my fiancee did say its like watching a giraffe being born odd i know but my son was born in his water sack so kinda understand and yes its painful and yes i wud do it again and will be soon as gunna try for another one after we married woop woop xx
proserpina
Report 9 years ago
yes :X terrified! but then i don't think i'll be having any children, anyway, so i suppose i needn't be.
iced_dragon_agility
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Bring it on! no pain, no gain! having a baby is worth all that pain
Natasha_c
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by PinkMobilePhone)
What if he WANTS to be present at the birth of his child? That's not very fair saying he can't be there for such an important moment.

imo thats completly fair if it reduces the pain lol

Im all for adopting, no personal pain and your helping a kid who may otherwise have not had a nice home, so also a moral win .

No ones mentioned postpartum depression, that doesnt sound fun
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (284)
37.67%
No - but I will (53)
7.03%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.29%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
48.01%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise