I'm sorry, but things have gone a little bit too far now: Watch

zippz
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)
No.
Read back then fool because you must be blind, or just plain right stupid.

I said people have a right to have their views and opinions as long as they dont break the laws and you said-yes the government allows this as long as no negative and law breaking views on sexism racism etc. [not exact words obviously, but same interpretation]

You must be seriously deluded, if you can't see I just said what you repeated after me.

:rofl:
ssk2
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
you can have opinions and views, doesn't mean you are entiled to voice them.
Erm... yes it does. Ever heard of freedom of speech? Freedom of expression?
forgottenromeo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In response to both of you. Freedom of speech isn't allowed in the uk, its not america. Neither is freedom of expression. Unless you go to speakers corner.

Zippz you said that people have a right to their own opinions and views as long as it doesn't break the law.

What i said is that the government turns a blind eye as they can't control it HENCE the government doesn't care. What the government does try to do is limit it with the political correctness campaigns.

Please if you are going to reply, read what i wrote not what you want to read.
electriic_ink
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ssk2)
Erm... yes it does. Ever heard of freedom of speech? Freedom of expression?
No it's not. You couldn't walk up to someone on the street and shout at them "you're a f---ing ar--hole", without being arrested. Thus, freedom of speech does not exist.
jawads
Report 10 years ago
FIRSTLY AND FOREMOSTLY, dogs are not considered haram in Islam, you can keep a dog for protection, in some countries to alert you of burglars , or if your a farmer and need it to round up sheep. A picture of a dog is not offensive to muslims and neither is picture of pigs, pigs are animals on this earth as well, it doesnt mean muslims cant look at them, it just means we cant keep them as farm animals or pets or eat them THATS IT.Its about context and intention as well, a picure of a dog on a hat is nothing, a dog pissing on some religious text may be offensive. Its just propaganda and exaggeration if like some extremist guy didnt like the picture and then the media just caught onto it and mentioned muslimS. Like all muslims feel the same way, i wouldn't assume what offends you will offend someone else, especially if its just a dog, JUST AN INNOCENT DOG. Muslims cannot eat animals which eat other animals as well as pigs, thats it.
This is just over political correctness. People nowadays are stupid, im a muslim, and IM NOT asking for an apology for something that isnt offensive, just wastin my time writing this reply.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jawads)
FIRSTLY AND FOREMOSTLY, dogs are not considered haram in Islam, you can keep a dog for protection, in some countries to alert you of burglars , or if your a farmer and need it to round up sheep. A picture of a dog is not offensive to muslims and neither is picture of pigs, pigs are animals on this earth as well, it doesnt mean muslims cant look at them, it just means we cant keep them as farm animals or pets or eat them THATS IT.Its about context and intention as well, a picure of a dog on a hat is nothing, a dog pissing on some religious text may be offensive. Its just propaganda and exaggeration if like some extremist guy didnt like the picture and then the media just caught onto it and mentioned muslimS. Like all muslims feel the same way, i would assume what offends you will offend someone else, especially if its just a dog, JUST AN INNOCENT DOG. Muslims cannot eat animals which eat other animals as well as pigs, thats it.
This is just over political correctness. People nowadays are stupid, im a muslim, and IM NOT asking for an apology for something that isnt offensive, just wastin my time writing this reply.
Well said
zippz
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by forgottenromeo)
you can have opinions and views, doesn't mean you are entiled to voice them. For the most part the government doesn't care what you say or think, in theory it is only such opinions and views that my result in harm comming to others that are banned. Thats things such as racism and sexism and so on.

In actuality all it is, is political correctness gone wrong and people abusing the power they gain from being "minorities". Before people jump down my throat, i know its not everyone i am talking in the specific of the people who do.

Look Im getting very bored of this.

You did not say the government turn a blind eye to peoples views.You said they don't care but also You said wrong views by people that go against the government are banned which it reasonable and correct I know so therefore if banned how do they governement turn a blind eye.

Anyways forget about it.
forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by zippz)
Look Im getting very bored of this.

You did not say the government turn a blind eye to peoples views.You said they don't care but also You said wrong views by people that go against the government are banned which it reasonable and correct I know so therefore if banned how do they governement turn a blind eye.

Anyways forget about it.
What you mean is that you get it but don't want to admit defeat. The thing is banned, therefore if people do it there should be a response in the way of legal action. BUT since the government do nothing 99% of the time, they therefore TURN A BLIND EYE. How is that hard to get? Its the lack of response from the government accept when they are fishing for votes, that inferes the turning a blind eye, as such saying that they don't otherwise care is infering turning a blind eye.
k9ruby
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Do you find my dog offensive?

forgottenromeo
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't.
k9ruby
Rep:
?
I don't.
Good. :P
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Wish I could have been on the opposite end of the phone call. I would loved to tell that called to take themselves back to whatever country they immigrated from.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rusty33)
Wish I could have been on the opposite end of the phone call. I would loved to tell that called to take themselves back to whatever country they immigrated from.
You're American, so I don't really expect you to understand the Daily Mail. There there, don't worry, calm yourself.
k9ruby
Rep:
?

Originally Posted by Rusty33

You're American, so I don't really expect you to understand the Daily Mail. There there, don't worry, calm yourself.

*offers english tea and cookie*
Rusty33
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
What can I say? I'm a bit carried away today. You know, with it being Independence Day and all.

In all seriousness, though, it has little to with the who each side represents. I would be just as offended if an American were to go to Iran and protest something as comparibly inoccuous to Iranian culture. Moving to a new place means learning to accept new ideas; not planting your roots somewhere else and trying to change everyone to be like you.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Rusty33)
What can I say? I'm a bit carried away today. You know, with it being Independence Day and all.
To the colonies! *toasts* :p:
zippz
Report 10 years ago
This thread has gone on long enough for crying out loud.

so pointless
Lilflipsy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think daily mail distorted that, otherwise it is an awful PC.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (404)
37.69%
No - but I will (82)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (75)
7%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (511)
47.67%

Watched Threads