Zombies have uprisen... Watch

Glutamic Acid
Badges: 14
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by John Locke)
Glutamic Acid, as you present the scenario, might i ask what your plan of action would be?
O.K. Whether to stay or go is the first decision. In favour of staying: familiarity, a sheltered building and food. There's also the Internet which could be invaluable in terms of advice, as long as it stays up. Initially, I'd be hesitant to leave and it'd only be an acute lack of food or the immediate threat of infiltration which would cause me to depart.

I wouldn't have many weapons: a metal bar with a hook on the end; a dart gun; some knives; a cricket bat. What would be beneficial is a gun, but I don't know an easy way of obtaining one so I'd have to do without. I would have enough food to last me at least a week, and most likely up to a month. So the plan combines to give the following: turn off all lights in house and close the curtains, keep some food and the weapons close by. And then attempt to wait it out.

If infiltration / lack of food occurs: I'd need a vehicle. My mum and sister being out implies the car is gone, so I'd need another one. If at least 60% of the population is infected, there'd be plenty to go around. I would need to get more food, so I'd search other people's houses for some non-perishables. Then I'd get the car and leave with provisions such as remaining food, weapons, cellphone and whatever else I'd find useful. I'd drive to a remote area, this makes it unlikely that you'll be trapped. I'd attempt to live off whatever food I'd brought for as long as possible.
Glutamic Acid
(Original post by 1721)
ahh but more people the easier it would make it
If people were already there it's not improbable they'd be distrusting and may not let you in. Also, the more people the quicker the food would run out.
trance addict
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hire these guys

or

misswilliams
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Glutamic Acid)
Nope, they're taking no chances.
I'll flash.
Jamsie_853
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I live in the attic so all I'd do is bring up everything I needed in terms of food and what not. I can't drive so that's out the question! Unfortunately for me though my attic door is one which closes from the outside and not the in, so there would be a gap and eventually they would get up. I'd just find the large metal pole I use to close it and stab them in the head until I got too tired or if there were too many.
If worse comes to worse, I'd jump out the velux window and roll down the roof (probably doing more injury then if I stayed) of the kitchen extension. Seeing as there is a big field and woods behind my house, I'd probably go there and into the woods, it would be empty hopefully, and I'd find a remote part of the woods where I'd live with the remaining wildlife! :P
Thanks for getting my creativity going Glutamic!
Dill
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I think I'd grab as much food as possible, quickly run out to my car and drive to somewhere remote on Dartmoor. Not sure I'd want to stay in my house, in zombie films they always find a way in eventually. I'd much rather be out in the middle of nowhere where their numbers would be few and far between.
I'd miss my family though :cry:
AKFortySheep
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Desperate Prayer)
I would consult my zombie survival handbook as a refresher, and take into account any and all zombie films and videogames that I have ever seen or played.

I cant see myself getting into any trouble, but that wouldnt account for my friends and family. Helping them would most likely cause my death (and subsequent reanimation :p: ) But you gotta do what you gotta do ::cool:
Anyone without a copy of the Zombie Survival Handbook deserves to be zombified!

Of course I don't have one yet - have never gotten around to buying a copy yet - have read half of it though and have enough knowledge about zombies in general.
jacketpotato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I live in a fairly urbanised area, so I would leave.
I'd load the contents of the kitchen cupboard into a box, get a kitchen knife, a lawn strimmer, my diving torch and load them all into the boot of my car.
First thing, drive to my brother's schools try and pick them up. If this isn't possible, drive for the countryside, stopping at any garages to see if I can steal some petrol/food from the station.
Second thing, try to find someone else if I can.
Then we sleep in the car taking it in shifts to spot for zombies xD
Glutamic Acid
Yes, having another to swap shifts with is a good idea.
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
if everyone's driving away can someone give me a lift? i don't know how to drive
Glutamic Acid
Sorry, you're too far away.
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Sorry, you're too far away.
oh, okay. i will just make my house into a mega fortress :cool:
John Locke
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, having another to swap shifts with is a good idea.
Gotta make sure the person isn't liable to go crazy, doing something stupid and jeopardising your safety/leading to your death. A lot of psychological impact can be caused by zombies i guess, especially if they've lost their family.

*note to self : pick a mentally strong partner*
Gourdman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Cupid Stunt)
I'd love it actually...

Celotape some knives onto my fists and carry a sword around then just run down the middle road stabbing everyone, zombie or not.
You would die. Quickly. Horribly.

Stabbing will not kill a zombie (unless its a 28-Days-Later Zombie) you need decapitations (at least for Dawn Of The Dead). Which takes quite a lot of strength; your arms would tire very rapidly and you'd be overwhelmed.

You would get infected very quickly, either from a bite (D-Zombies) or the copious blood splatters (28-Zombies)

You CANNOT use melee weapons against zombies. EVER. AT ALL. Your strength is speed, and range.
Sapphire_Eyes
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
First iwould try to find nearby people around us, use horses as transport (im a fairly ok rider i can stay on board a lot) they go though water n are pretty quick n can go over rocky terrian if they havent gone into Zombie state. See if my bf hasnt gone into zombie if not, him, his dog and take as much food as required. For taking food, a saddle bag can be used just take what you need into saddle bag.

Carry a gun and bullets nick em from police stations, also head into countryside theres loads of food from orchards and alloments and plant them if i plan to stay in an area for a while.
John Locke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Gourdman)
You would die. Quickly. Horribly.

Stabbing will not kill a zombie (unless its a 28-Days-Later Zombie) you need decapitations (at least for Dawn Of The Dead). Which takes quite a lot of strength; your arms would tire very rapidly and you'd be overwhelmed.

You would get infected very quickly, either from a bite (D-Zombies) or the copious blood splatters (28-Zombies)

You CANNOT use melee weapons against zombies. EVER. AT ALL. Your strength is speed, and range.
I'm sticking with you .
laura-rad
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by John Locke)
I'm sticking with you .
but you're John Locke, you should save us all :p:
John Locke
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by laura-rad)
but you're John Locke, you should save us all :p:
"I can't do this alone, Jack. I don't want to" .
Alreeeet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ed.)
The Winchester
Hahahhaa.
Joel103
Report 10 years ago
Zombies properly scare me so I've often thought about this. I reckons I'd wait a day or two in the house, keeping quiet, to see if family returns. Then I'd get some real nice knives out of the kitchen, some bats and other heavy metal stuff from the garage and pop it in my car, get as much food as I can and carefully raid the neighbors house for food as well, then I'd get some clothes and other general essentials as well as camping gear from the garage. Next I'd drive to my mates houses to see if I can bring them with me, then I'd drive to Langdale in the lake district, get properly high up somewhere and wait it out. Failing that I'd just stay at home and make a fort out of my bed covers .
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (442)
37.81%
No - but I will (88)
7.53%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (559)
47.82%

Watched Threads