The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
silverbolt
wrong. You are an animal and one of the most basic animal urges is to procreate with the best possible partner - which is why you look at each other. Now im not saying "hes fit i must have his children" Seeing as humans enjoy sex for pleasure as well as for children you will look at a fit guy and wonder if you can jump his bones all night.

In that way you do reard people as objects

First of all, do not tell me how 'I' see things or think that you know how 'I' think: your view might be right for you, but it doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

Secondly, whilst humans do have basic animals instincts, they possess something more than other animals: the ability to logic, have morals and to overcome instincts by willpower. I do not look at a 'fit' guy and 'wonder if i can jump his bones all night' - I simply do not think like that. My morals will always come first and above any 'instinct' because they are intrinsic to my way of thinking.
Reply 121
fatal
thats a little harsh me thinks, read the book "Girl in high heels", its a book written by a woman who started off stripping in Springfellows. If you are going to strip just stay true to your morals and stop if it gets to you too much :smile: x

And you're a Christian?
Reply 122
I think it's up to the person, If you're comfortable with dancing for guys then why not?
Reply 123
Aciassa
And you're a Christian?

Doesnt mean I'm white and shining.

Personally I wouldn't do it due to my religion and the element of humility.

However I won't force my faith on other people, I just hope that they will learn to build their morals on a Christian ethic. I don't see stripping as a sexual act, it may be based on lust but I can't completely condemn it because each person is different, has different beliefs and circumstances.

Also how would it help to repeat the same "it would degrade you" to the OP?
Aciassa
Women are not objects to be stared at or perved over. Eurgh, just no. Why degrade yourself?

Exactly. Dignity is priceless.
Reply 125
fatal
I don't see stripping as a sexual act

Right, so how do you see it? How do you think God would see it?

fatal
I can't completely condemn it because each person is different, has different beliefs and circumstances.

This is the exact wishy-washy answer I would expect from many so-called 'Christians'. The fact remains that the old testament sets out clear rules regarding how women should dress, and that the new testament is no reason to say 'Oh its okay, because of their particular circumstances'. What circumstances? The OP only has considered it for a bit of extra cash. Is stripping really the greater good? I am personally sick and tired of how some 'Christians' think it okay and that they have the authority to find certain things that have clearly been ruled against acceptable given the circumstances.
Please don't turn this into a religious debate!! For goodness sake you don't have to believe everything the bible says to be a Christian. It's okay to believe some things and dis-regard others.
Reply 127
Aciassa
Right, so how do you see it? How do you think God would see it?

This is the exact wishy-washy answer I would expect from many so-called 'Christians'. The fact remains that the old testament sets out clear rules regarding how women should dress, and that the new testament is no reason to say 'Oh its okay, because of their particular circumstances'. What circumstances? The OP only has considered it for a bit of extra cash. Is stripping really the greater good? I am personally sick and tired of how some 'Christians' think it okay and that they have the authority to find certain things that have clearly been ruled against acceptable given the circumstances.

To Aciassa: I apologize, through making you so angry obviously I haven't acted with enough thought or consideration, it is difficult for me to condemn things that until I became a Christian I found reasonably acceptable. I do not believe I have the authority to accept certain things and not others, I am upset that you believe this about me. I'm still learning about my mission as a Christian and how exactly God does want me and others to live our lives. I generally do not like voicing my opinions about social issues in the context of Christianity as I don't know enough of the Bible to back myself up and I don't want to become one of those Christians.
Go for it i say.
It's just dancing, almost.
Just make sure it's safe. :smile:
If you work in a legitimate place it can be a very good earner.

I once worked the door at a strip club and the dancers aren't all stupid sluts (albeit some were lol) some were trying to pay their way through uni, one was a 40 year old ex lawyers secretary.

Generally, its a safe job (if you were so much as touched where I worked the guy would be out on his ass in a flash) so the only problem is what you are comfortable with.

I'm going to be blunt, as this is the decision you will have to make; will you be happy undressing yourself in front of a guy, flaunting your breasts and vagina in his face? How would you feel if he said something like "show me your pussy love". I imagine it would feel very degrading.

On the plus side, the money to be made is pretty massive if you're hot and friendly. The most I have heard is £1000 in a night (-20% comission from the club) but generally I think you can make ~£200-300 per night (9-2).
i say go for it. it's not degrading in my opinion, and you get good pay. if i had the chance i definitely would.
good luck :smile:
Reply 131
suek
But would you date her? Now, or whilst she was doing it?

I'm not going to yap on about being degrading to yourself or women - it's only degrading if you feel degraded. But it's just not something I'd ever consider because I don't want anyone other than my boyfriend seeing that much of me :wink:

Yeah, wouldnt worry me.
If you're going to go pole dance in a strip club, then you might as well have fun doing it and be proud of it. People will only see you as 'degraded' if you feel shamed about doing it. If you think about it as a fun hobby, then your friends should be able to accept it better. Sorry it doesn't answer your question. It's just some advice :wink:
Aciassa
First of all, do not tell me how 'I' see things or think that you know how 'I' think: your view might be right for you, but it doesn't mean everyone else is the same.

what? you think your more than human, tell you how you see things, you see things the same way the rest us do, stop thinking your some kind of superior model cos truly you really are not
Reply 134
silverbolt
what? you think your more than human, tell you how you see things, you see things the same way the rest us do, stop thinking your some kind of superior model cos truly you really are not

Such ignorance. Can you not accept that people have different views on things, see things differently? Just because I express my viewpoint, it does not mean I consider myself to be some 'superior model'. It is these differences in perception of the world that makes us human: we are not one clear-cut, definable species - we do not all think in 'the same way'. So I repeat, do not tell me what 'I' think or how 'I' see things. I do not do the same of you, because I can appreciate that each of us think entirely differently and have different life experiences that shape our thinking. I am surprised to find that you are 8 years my senior and have not yet grasped this idea.
Aciassa
Such ignorance. Can you not accept that people have different views on things, see things differently? Just because I express my viewpoint, it does not mean I consider myself to be some 'superior model'. It is these differences in perception of the world that makes us human: we are not one clear-cut, definable species - we do not all think in 'the same way'. So I repeat, do not tell me what 'I' think or how 'I' see things. I do not do the same of you, because I can appreciate that each of us think entirely differently and have different life experiences that shape our thinking. I am surprised to find that you are 8 years my senior and have not yet grasped this idea.

of course i accept that people think differently im not argueing that in the slightest. My point is that at the very core of our being we are all the same. We are driven by the same instincts and urges. the same things that govern all life, ours are just developed to greater (yet not unique) degree

Our personalities make us different along with our morals and inhibitions and tastes etc etc. But on a animal level we are the same kind of being

maybe im just not explaining this right
Reply 136
silverbolt
of course i accept that people think differently im not argueing that in the slightest. My point is that at the very core of our being we are all the same. We are driven by the same instincts and urges. the same things that govern all life, ours are just developed to greater (yet not unique) degree

Our personalities make us different along with our morals and inhibitions and tastes etc etc. But on a animal level we are the same kind of being

maybe im just not explaining this right

I would disagree that we are all driven by the same instincts and urges. My urges are most probably very different to yours. Ditto my instincts. I certainly have instincts, some more prevalent than others, and my 'combination' will be different to the next person. Hence, I do not look at a 'fit' male and have a 'mating' instinct: I just do not. Whether that is down to my own moral values is probably debatable. And I think people that do experience the 'mating' instinct will experience it at different intensities.
You can give it away for free, so what's wrong with selling it?

Latest

Trending

Trending