Does death scare you? Watch

SmellyCat16
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i just hope everyone and myself dies peacefully...a cowards death you could say :rolleyes:
Jamin
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im not really afraid of death, so long as i lived a full life.

I plan on living forever anyway :P
zeropoint
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by tkane)
As long as I have not done anything sinful by the time I die, I won't be scared.
So long as I've done a good few sinful things, I think I will be happy. Life is for the living.

I don't fear death as a situation, however I could fear the transition. I would prefer not to suffer excessively, and would prefer something interesting. I don't want to pass away in my sleep and wake up dead.
The_Bear
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Daniel Freedman)
What does 'death' even mean?
Game Over.

Although it would be awesome if it was like the original DooM when everything ends and youre put in a room with unlimited ammo but unlimited enemies.

That would be way more awesome than Heaven.
Valkyrja
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes it does....

What scares me more is the deaths of those around me...my boyfriend, my mother, my father.....

Death I imagine is relatively easy to cope with compared to life.
Charlybob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Mine, not at all.

Friend's, family's, pet's, very much so.

I don't care about my own death. I won't be around to know if it's the end, if it isn't, I'll be around so there's nothing to worry about. But friends, family etc. I know I'm going to be there, and it's going to hurt.
Tucking Fypo
Badges: 3
Report 10 years ago
It scares me. To be honest, people consider it a peaceful death when someone dies in their sleep or something. I'd hate to die like that, preferably I'd like to be in hospital with family visiting before I passed away.

Anyways, it scares me because..well, I won't know what awaits me. I'm Hindu, and I believe in reincarnation and stuff :ninja:, and it just makes me wonder - what was I on Earth as in my previous life. Whatever awaits me in the afterlife won't affect me my current existence but still, I have a fear of the unknown I guess.

Having said that, the death of my parents scares me more than my own.
ßlαcksωαn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Desperate Prayer)
Of course my friend, of course. :rolleyes:
I suppose I could say that you might think you are now, only to find that, when faced with a situation that reveals your true nature, it shows that you are. It is possible you are one of the very, very few people born with no fear of death. It does happen. But the first option is far more likely :p:

Ill be honest, Im very much afraid of death - I want to postpone it as long as possible. The main reason for this? I have so much left to do! I dont think I have even achieved a quarter of what I could so far. Dying knowing I had so much left to do and say would hurt the most as I slipped away, I feel.

Still, there is no shame in admitting this - all humans fear death - its part of our nature, as vital to us as the need to eat and breathe. That said, without this fear of death, how would we define courage, or understand shows of bravery? This fear fundamentally underpins the human world view, and alongside the other aspects of our nature (such as curiosity...) drives us forward.

I think it is good to have a fear of dying, it gives us something to conquer
Don't correct me and don't pretend you know how I feel. And of course if I'm faced with some freaky axe murderer then I might be a bit scared, but the idea of death doesn't scare me, I don't want to get old, the sooner the better, I really don't care.
Kagutsuchi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No.
MarshallJT
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Depends on what is going to kill me, if its going to be really messy then yhea I am not going to look forward to it. If its just my body stopping while I sleep then I wont care.
pumpkin7
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
i am, but i guess then i could live in an eternal bliss of snogging all the celebs i wasn't able to in life :p: haha.

no, but seriously, i really do fear it.
secretmessages
Badges: 14
Report 10 years ago
I don't know, I'm not particularly scared of it. I'm more upset by death around me, people I know.
Jerry Meandering
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by curryADD)
i know how that goes. my best friend, elle, died of leukemia a year ago, and we had for months, picked out her flowers together, music, pictures...i had to deliver the eulogy for my best friend who was a far better person than i will be. it's tough, in any light.
Yes, I feel a bit that way as well. I wish it was me that was dead rather than my brother.
Charlybob
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by MarshallJT)
Depends on what is going to kill me, if its going to be really messy then yhea I am not going to look forward to it. If its just my body stopping while I sleep then I wont care.
I might just be being picky about wording here, and you could have a perfectly valid answer to the OP's question, but that doesn't really seem to be what he asked.

Death and dieing aren't really the same things. Dieing is passing into death. Like I said, I could just be being picky about it, but it seems more as though he was asking whether you are scared of being dead than whether you're scared of how you get there.
mdr
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
death.
it's just a big sleep that you never have to wake up from, an infinite lie-in that you're not aware you're having.
doesn't sound bad to me.
any severe pain or whatever causing death i do dread.
i would like to die in my sleep but i have a suspicion that many people who appear to die in their sleep in fact wake up just before they die.
Charliexxbby
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think its the "death" part that scares me...i thinm it's more of all the people i love and things i love and how much im gonna miss them but i hope i get plenty of time to cherish aliveness :P
Laura_Dora
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
no, the pain that might come before it does.
bethan2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, it does scare me. It's just the thought that one day we will not feel anything anymore. I worry about what it will be like... will it be like we are asleep? Will we be unconscious? Scary...

Beth
*Fool'sGold*
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes, because I can't imagine what it would feel like. Like, suddenly not being alive anymore. Not being conscious, not feeling anything or thinking anything. I believe in heaven, I really hope it exists, I can't imagine it just being the end.
zeropoint
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I suppose it depends on your religion, if you die in your sleep then some people will wake up in heaven, some will wake up as babies in a maternity ward, some will wake up in hell. Atheists however, get a nice long lie in...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (273)
38.18%
No - but I will (51)
7.13%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.13%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (340)
47.55%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed