Laughing during inappropriate situations.. Watch

The_Lonely_Goatherd
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Not the conventional kind of inappropriate, but a few weeks ago I went to see 'West Side Story' at Sadlers Wells with two friends. Tony had just died and it was terribly sad... until the actress playing Maria let out this hysterical, Kat Slater-esque (I could be laughing, I could be crying: who knows?!) scream. We burst out laughing and everyone around us was giving us really dirty looks
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
I burst into laghter in his face when he told me. Just this vision of a flying man down a motorway!
I laughed out loud at that comment! If I were in your position, I would be nearly suffocating trying to hold my laughter in...
chooka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
When reading Lord of the Flies. The amount of sexual inuendo there was when reading it out in class was horrific. That coupled with some inappropreate leg stroking and a 60 year old teacher who didnt understand much made for quite an interesting lesson.
Cool Cat
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperStaah)
:rofl: :rofl: !
Thank you for that!
no problem

EDIT: thanks for the rep
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chooka)
When reading Lord of the Flies. The amount of sexual inuendo there was when reading it out in class was horrific. That coupled with some inappropreate leg stroking and a 60 year old teacher who didnt understand much made for quite an interesting lesson.
I did Lord of the Flies! Don't remember the sexual innuendo, I was far too naive :rolleyes:
zoe1989
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my uncle plays the violin and was doing a local concert to raise money for a church roof. I dared him to include somewhere in his thank you speech the words 'mavis pervis' (my friends nickname, dont ask) and he was discussing the music when all of a sudden 'and this piece was written in...blah blah...not many people know this but the composers nickname was actually mavis pervis' the look on sarah's face was priceless and we were laughing hysterically for the next hour throughout the solemn church music. What made it even better was the fact the old people believed we were crying because we were 'touched' by the music
chooka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
I did Lord of the Flies! Don't remember the sexual innuendo, I was far too naive :rolleyes:
"He would put the conch to his lips and blow. After a while his mother would come." "Piggy blew as hard has he could on the conch, but nothing happend. (other guys name) said no, you are blowing wrong, its like this" etc etc. Its about a page long.
Redpanda91
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chooka)
"He would put the conch to his lips and blow. After a while his mother would come." "Piggy blew as hard has he could on the conch, but nothing happend. (other guys name) said no, you are blowing wrong, its like this" etc etc. Its about a page long.
Haha oh yeah I remember that now. Piggy and Ralph. I'd never looked at it like that before! "He blew long and hard" :p: Lol!
anyarian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
geography, coastal erosion protection.

groynes.

no one else found it funny, which just made the whole thing worse
chooka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Redpanda91)
Haha oh yeah I remember that now. Piggy and Ralph. I'd never looked at it like that before! "He blew long and hard" :p: Lol!
It is quite brilliant how, with age and maturity, we relaise our childhood was corrupt and full of sex.

Another bad moment to laugh would be during sex...
anyarian
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Crystaltears)
LMAO! In what context was flange!?
I love it when they are like "would you like to go outside until you gather control over yourself" when they are clearly thinking "GET OUT OF MY CLASS YOU IMMATURE LITTLE CHILD!"

I got asked to leave when I was uncontrollably laughing at my Biology teacher discussing "hairy stomata". It just sounded so rude!
hahaaaaaaa
i actually snorted when i read that!
Miss_Jasminn_S
Report 10 years ago
I laugh at the dentists, optician and the doctor which was so embarassing when he was trying to check my throat!
LizB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I laughed at the end of Titanic, I'm sorry but Leonardo De Caprio sinking underneath the water is HILARIOUS...well in my brain.

Oh and in Biology when the area of the brain called the Pons came up it set me off. Also if when I'm giving a presentation something goes wrong e.g. for some reason once the first word of every line was cut off, I get the Giggles big time.

My friend once also burst out laughing in the middle of a science class when we were supposed to be sitting silently. Apparently she started thinking of dancing hippos. The same friend let me read her English coursework which was a tragic piece about the death of a young woman from a wasting disease, she unfortunately didn't quite get the right word she was looking for in one sentence meaning instead of saying "deteriorating" the sentence read "It was horrible watching the girl slowly detonate" Honestly I was in hysterics for a very long time...
SuperStaah
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LizB)
I laughed at the end of Titanic, I'm sorry but Leonardo De Caprio sinking underneath the water is HILARIOUS...well in my brain.

Oh and in Biology when the area of the brain called the Pons came up it set me off. Also if when I'm giving a presentation something goes wrong e.g. for some reason once the first word of every line was cut off, I get the Giggles big time.

My friend once also burst out laughing in the middle of a science class when we were supposed to be sitting silently. Apparently she started thinking of dancing hippos. The same friend let me read her English coursework which was a tragic piece about the death of a young woman from a wasting disease, she unfortunately didn't quite get the right word she was looking for in one sentence meaning instead of saying "deteriorating" the sentence read "It was horrible watching the girl slowly detonate" Honestly I was in hysterics for a very long time...
LOL!
Couldn't help laughing out loud at that bit!
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There's been a few times that this has happened to me.

Once I was in a lecture, and I started thinking about 'Full Metal Jacket', and I remembered the part where the guy is ordered to stop smirking, and I just couldn't stop laughing in that. The lecture hall was pretty silent too. The people surrounding me heard me pretty damn well. Luckily, the lecturer ignored me.

Another time, I couldn't stop laughing in a Chemistry lesson, and what made it worse was that I knew and occasionally saw my friend trying extremely hard not to laugh. 5 minutes later, we were thrown out of the classroom despite several warnings. We ended standing out there for like 10 minutes literally, trying so hard not to laugh.
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LizB)
I had done something very similar. I had to do a presentation/speech and instead of saying a widespread disease, guess what I said.

I said a popular disease. I now look back at it, I truly find it amusing.
Arka
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Speedbird2008)
Just this vision of a flying man down a motorway!
Oddly, he said most people respond in the same way!
Must be in the delivery.If someone told me that unfortunate and unusual story, in an off-the-cuff manner,I might have laughed too.

I can recall the last time I laughed in an appropriate situation.
Basically I was walking towards my local PC World,when a mugger pulled a knife on me.I managed to quickly nip into the computer store and avoid handing over my wallet.I didn't fancy meeting with this guy outside,so I talked to the store manager and he called the police.
Well the station was about 200 yards away from the store.So the police were unusually quick in coming-3 of them in body armour-including a sergeant.When I saw the fuzz had come in force and were deadly serious,for some reason ,I couldn't stop myself from chuckling and grinning from ear to ear. Put it this way,I wasn't fitting the profile of someone, who had just been the victim of violent crime.
I can't really account for it.It must be the surreality of finally experiencing something you only see on TV; the officers were not amused and looked like they were going to throw me in a cell and book me for wasting police time
Danielisew
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I was in chemistry and my teacher was running through a practical showing us a titration. He begun pouring 1M HCL (Hydrochloric acid) into the burette using a large funnel. Due to the long and narrow shape of the burette, the acid quickly filled it and it overflowed and kind of sprayed out all over his shirt.. the look on his face was priceless!!

My chemistry teacher has to be the funniest in the world Random things like his shoe being broken so it looks like it has a mouth as well as white mysterious stains on his shirt and best of all - white chalk stains on his ass
lidskoo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Everytime i'm in pain i laigh, you think i'd cry...

When i was getting my eyebrows threaded...it hurt so much but the laughter was uncontrolable.
ah, the akwardnes... :/

I hate it when i'm wlaking by myself and i remember something realy funny and i can't help but laugh, if other people are around some assume im laughing at them others give me strange looks...
woops
LizB
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by SuperStaah)
LOL!
Couldn't help laughing out loud at that bit!
I actually still get the Giggles from that, whenever she annoys me I just say the word detonate...I've remembered another couple. I was in Burger King recently and the guy serving me and a friend had one of those stupid paper crowns on at an angle obviously trying to make it look slightly cool, it was all for nothing though when he went to get the ketchup and knocked the crown flying off one of the hanging signs. At that stage my friend turns away to stop it being too obvious that she was laughing which of course set me off.

I also once collided with someone in rounders, one minute I was running to get to second base the next I'm laying on the ground a good three feet back in the opposite direction helpless with laughter. What made it funnier was the fact that the other girl managed to get up and stump the ball making me "out". Also my entire team was practically rolling about with laughter. Apparently it looked like one of those cartoons where two characters are running towards each other and then they try to stop at the last minute.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1366)
79.7%
Leave (348)
20.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise