The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
I was about 12 I think, it was an Orange Motorola one. That was when £10 credit used to last me 3 months, I barely used it! I'm not sure about the whole situation now but when I see a child about 7/8 with a mobile it still makes me look twice. I think perhaps age 10/11 is about the right age now, besides we all coped without them for so long.
10 - Nokia 3210

what a phone
I was 13, it was a nokia 3310, gotta love Snake 1 :biggrin: I think kids get phones far too young, there is no need for them. Some of the kids at my summer camp I worked at who had phones were as young as 8, seems crazy. Its all about 'fitting in' though i suppose, if the cool kids at school have phones then everyone wants to have one, so rediculous. Im so glad im out of school and that environment.
Reply 123
I was 11, well technically my first phone was actually my mums but she never used it so i'd use it to text the like 2 other people in my friend group who had them :biggrin: I got my own phone a couple of months later though before I started high school
8 was a total brick. Something like

12 - nokia 3310, because it had the original snake, interchangable fascias, the ringtone builder so you find stuff on the internet to have uber cool monotone ones. a damn good phone!
Reply 126
I was 9 years old.

My dad got a free phone with his.

It was a nice motorola.

I dropped it within minutes of stepping out the car.
Eleven, just in time for secondary school. But my nine year old cousin has one, and both his sisters (one aged seven, one aged FIVE) know people in their class at school who have and use a mobile phone.
12. It was a brick Panasonic. Turning 20 next month and I've only had 4 phones including the first one, fairly impressive. I won't count the one I bought today..yet.
Ive still got my first phone, it was too crap to sell on. It looks like an electronic banana.
I was DETERMINED not to follow the crowd since I felt I had no need for one (and I had a slight phobia about speaking on the phone), so would only be getting one just to fit in.
With Uni looming, I eventually succumbed and finally allowed my sister to buy me one for my 22nd birthday. :smile:
It's almost 2 years old, which isn't too old I don't think? :s-smilie: How often do people usually change their phones?

I think 9/10 is old enough for a child to have own phone, unless there are some complications, like the parent is away often or the child has had trouble on the way home before, so the parents need to have extra contact when the child is younger. Before that age, the house phone should be enough.
I was 11, a good old Nokia whatever they were 7 years ago.

But I think it's slightly scary the amount of kids who have mobiles these days. People in my youngest sister's class at school (she's 9) have phones. Luckily my parents have told her she can't have one until she starts secondary school (like me and my other sister). It's not safe to let kids that age have phones IMO, goodness knows what could happen. Sure, they're good for emergencys, but what about the dangers? I don't agree with kids that young having the,
i was 5 when i got my first phone. I used to text my 14 year old girlfriend at the time. We had sexual intercourse when i turned 6 :smile:
My first mobile was an Ericsson A1018s - a brick. I think I was 14-15 on my 2 week work experience, so had to phone home to get my parents to pick me up lol.

Then I had a Nokia 3310 which I adored and had loads of different facias for.
Primary School time. Probably year 6. It was a 3210.
I was 15...Sony Ericsson K300i for about £40 quid and I still got it, even though the back cover is broken...
Reply 136
I was 7 , had this massive brick motorola thing , but i loved it, when i was 9 i got a nokia 3410, and i still have it now , 6 years later. I still use it and see no point in getting another if this one is still working fine.
Reply 137
Last week when I turned 19. Lol.
Reply 138
10/11 years old, Nokia 3310 :smile: Good phone it was too at the time!
Jerking My Gerking
Yeaah! Thanks:biggrin:. Oh the memorys of thinking I was super cool when I got red buttons :cool:

I had rainbow buttons! So :eviltongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending