Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by The Sherminator)
I told you so :p:
And don't worry about the offers
Yeah you did :p:

My teacher thinks I should go for LSE, Warwick (AABs), Bristol, Durham (AAAs) and one insurancey one - eg Birmingham/Sussex. I want to go for Durham twice though :puppyeyes:
cactus_c
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mike_P)
Cool to see another EU student here .
Hi :p:
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Vesta)
Yeah you did :p:

My teacher thinks I should go for LSE, Warwick (AABs), Bristol, Durham (AAAs) and one insurancey one - eg Birmingham/Sussex. I want to go for Durham twice though :puppyeyes:
Follow your heart, and the force will be with you!
Seriously, go for it; LSE, Durham x 2, Warwick, Bristol. Sorted.
Vesta
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Follow your heart, and the force will be with you!
Seriously, go for it; LSE, Durham x 2, Warwick, Bristol. Sorted.
Thanks
02mik_e
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol looks like LSE then for me definitely now. Its not my first choice, but It's worth the try, although I'm probably going to get rejected. :rolleyes:
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by 02mik_e)
Lol looks like LSE then for me definitely now. Its not my first choice, but It's worth the try, although I'm probably going to get rejected. :rolleyes:
You never know. I was thinking I was going to be rejected as well; and then I was jumping up and down on Jan 21st :p:
veggie4life
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
omg i am going to be on tentahooks untill the day they reject me / give me an offer
government or government + social policy i still haven't decided I just dont think I
can squeeze in enough social policy considering thats the major

I'd go for straight politics but I know the chances of me getting in for SP + pol are so much higher My friend went to the UoL and she said the admissions tutor said they do look at GCSEs after A levels
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I'm still a bit unsure, I think I wanna go for M&E, but, and I know this is wrong, I can't help feeling that I'd have a better chance of getting in for BMS..
Mike_P
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by cactus_c)
Hi :p:
Hi .
We are on the go now!
I see that you are applying to Warwick as well.
tribalium
Report 10 years ago
Hi guys I'm gonna apply for LSE A&F as one of my 5 choices
I got AAAB in AS Level for Double Maths(27x) Economics(28x) and Law (B) with A2 Prediction of AAA since I've dropped Law
I also have 2months banking internship in Bank of America in HK(as I am an international student).
The other 4 courses I am applying to are A&F for Warwick and Manchester, Economics at UCL and Business Management at KCL
My personal statement mainly focus on the aim of Finance.
anyone who's gonna apply for similar courses as I do?
ab0408
Report 10 years ago
ab0408
Economics
9A*s, 2As
AAA Acheived
Applied 19/7/08

Oops, meant 19/9/08
amar09
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by ab0408)
ab0408
Economics
9A*s, 2As
AAA Acheived
Applied 19/7/08
how exactly did you apply in the middle of July when UCAS doesn't allow pay/send until september?
Inquilaab
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any Economics History with/and Economics/Straight Economic History applicants?
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by veggie4life)
omg i am going to be on tentahooks untill the day they reject me / give me an offer
government or government + social policy i still haven't decided I just dont think I
can squeeze in enough social policy considering thats the major

I'd go for straight politics but I know the chances of me getting in for SP + pol are so much higher My friend went to the UoL and she said the admissions tutor said they do look at GCSEs after A levels
Don't worry about it. What are your GCSESs?
The stats game doesn't really work, apply for what you like.
veggie4life
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't worry about it. What are your GCSESs?
The stats game doesn't really work, apply for what you like.
My GCSEs are three A six B and 1 C (rubbish school better college = predicted grades of AAA) but i'm just wondering whether I should apply for both courses now.
02mik_e
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My GCSEs are three A six B and 1 C (rubbish school better college = predicted grades of AAA) but i'm just wondering whether I should apply for both courses now.
Where else are you applying btw?
The Sherminator
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm... they aren't extremely good are they? You might be better off doing the SP with Governement actually. I would normally not advise that, but because of your GCSEs it might be better.
ExRx123
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
how exactly did you apply in the middle of July when UCAS doesn't allow pay/send until september?
Yeah I know, nutter
Mike_P
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by amar09)
He is perhaps an international who applies through a organization which itselves contacts UCAS.
cactus_c
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mike_P)
Hi .
We are on the go now!
I see that you are applying to Warwick as well.
Yeah, but I'm still hesitating between Econ and Econ Hist OR straight Econ.. The reason I took E with E Hist at the LSE is because 1) there's more essay writing involved 2) it's less competitive (I think?); the "and" in the warwick degree implies a 50/50 PS which I can't really afford lol.

What are your other choices? And why did you chose to go to the UK for uni?
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (76)
27.34%
No (202)
72.66%

Watched Threads