Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

dear birmingham admissions god:
    i would really like an offer now. please.
    thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Marketing(N500) and have a conditional offer. Since I'm an international student (Germany, yes zeee Germans) I'm not quite sure what the conditions are! If anyone has advice etc. feel free to PM me always happy 2 meet new people!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Denis1986)
    Applied for Marketing(N500) and have a conditional offer. Since I'm an international student (Germany, yes zeee Germans) I'm not quite sure what the conditions are! If anyone has advice etc. feel free to PM me always happy 2 meet new people!
    The conditions are that you get the grades that they asked for you to get, or get very close to them.

ReputationRep:
    i've applied here twice too! i really want to come here
    so far ive been acknowledged but havnt heard anything...the waiting is killing me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jj1284)
    i've applied here twice too! i really want to come here
    so far ive been acknowledged but havnt heard anything...the waiting is killing me
    You'll probably find out soon! What have you applied for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by adarklingplain)
    You'll probably find out soon! What have you applied for?
    Hey, I'm applying for political science I sent off my app 2 days ago and got an acknowledgement yesterday. How long did it take for them to reply to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 02mik_e)
    Hey, I'm applying for political science I sent off my app 2 days ago and got an acknowledgement yesterday. How long did it take for them to reply to you?
    1 month and 5 days :shifty: haha but I was told they wouldn't start giving out offers until November-ish time, and I applied at the end of September, so that was probably why. Don't think they'll keep you waiting too long! Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    english and history joint! i sent my app off 2nd week of october so when do u rekon i culd expect a reply.
    its silly caz ive applied for two really popular subject! agghhh
    x

ReputationRep:
    Got an interview for geology today woop!!! but its the same day as my manchester one so i have to change it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaara.)
    The conditions are that you get the grades that they asked for you to get, or get very close to them.
    yeah appearently, but they have all my grades!!! there's nothing i could retake... and appearently i have to take a IELTS test aswell... which i dont get since i see myself being able to talk english quite well, seeing as it's my second mother tounge!

i just feel really discouraged at the moment... i really want to study in birmingham. just have the feeling that i might not get in

ReputationRep:
    yeah appearently, but they have all my grades!!! there's nothing i could retake... and appearently i have to take a IELTS test aswell... which i dont get since i see myself being able to talk english quite well, seeing as it's my second mother tounge!

i just feel really discouraged at the moment... i really want to study in birmingham. just have the feeling that i might not get in
    I'm sure you will be fine friend! Just email the admissions tutor asking them to explain the conditions, or better if you can call them up on the phone! You can definitely prove your fluent in English then!

ReputationRep:

well then you'll ace the IELTS

good luck. I'm really worried that the UK unis won't understand my qualifications, cause I don't have A levels or IB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clozet)
    sorry for late reply, havent had access to internet for a whole week :eek: :p:
    haven't had a letter or anything yet tho mine was sent on the 11th oct and have applied to cambs, durham, bristol and leeds (as well as birmingham) got an offer from leeds on tues (well, i didnt know until saturday!) ABB inc french

:five: damnn i want one of these mysterious letters where else have you applied?
    Oooo I got mine ages ago. Has it come yet?
    And my signature says it all too...I also recently got an offer from Leeds :cool:

+ I was under the illusion the whole day was for language-y people too :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morkee)
    Oooo I got mine ages ago. Has it come yet?
    And my signature says it all too...I also recently got an offer from Leeds :cool:

+ I was under the illusion the whole day was for language-y people too :confused:
    no i havent had one yet i'm really sad maybe they don't like me
    :five: for Leeds!! Cambs, Bham and Leeds are my top three, so as i dont really have much of a chance at cambs and birmingham doesnt like me i might just be going to leeds

ReputationRep:
    Ive applied for law and i REALLY REALLY want to go to birm.!!!!!

They are the only ones who have acknowledged me!!!! Ive done my LNAT and waiting is killing me hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sampshogg)
    Got an interview for geology today woop!!! but its the same day as my manchester one so i have to change it
    Is it an informal interview, ive got one for geology soon as well

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it said informal, are you going on the 19th? i already told manchester id go to theirs then which is gutting because i prefer bham!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh it said informal, are you going on the 19th? i already told manchester id go to theirs then which is gutting because i prefer bham!

yeah im going on the 19th, are you applying for geology or something geology

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, ull have to tell me what is was like and what questions they asked haha im doing applied and resource geology there u?

ReputationRep:
    Ah cool, ull have to tell me what is was like and what questions they asked haha im doing applied and resource geology there u?
    A masters in geology

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 7, 2009
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.