This discussion is closed.
screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kelly^2)
Errr. No.
I live near Norwich and have visited the UEA many times. One word: Concrete.

Beautiful? Really?
Well up until the age of 18 I lived in Norwich, My parents both attended it - one of which while I was a child so I've been to a few lectures, the library and all over campus many hundreds of times on dog walks and trips to the Sainsbury Centre Art Gallery. - If you want to take a photo of the oldest and least appealing area on an overcast and rainy day then yeah, it's going to look crap. Your photo entirely neglects any of the buildings built after the 1970s or the surrounding countryside.

I could quite easily post some similarly misleading and selective photos of it's nicest aspects on sunny, clear days, maybe get a smiling, beautiful student in shot and photoshop it to death - we all know that's ridiculous. One photo can never explain the entirety of a campus. It's quite obvious that when I said UEA is a beautiful campus I wasn't referring to one specific part of the building.

Then again, I love the brutalistic architecture. I think it's beautiful. 'Beautiful' doesn't mean preserved Georgian architecture to everyone! I prefer the urban jungle that is the inner UEA architecture to the bland homogeneity of say, Greenwich's main buildings. It's much more interesting.
fallen angel9
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Royal Holloway was without a doubt the prettiest University
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Emmanuel College,Cambridge and urm LSE,it's like ..London is the Campus lol (such a legally blonde thing to say)
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
yeah, I'm not entirely sure I'd class it as a campus university - it's a collection of small campuses
still a very nice looking university lol.
Never been inside LSE, but from the outside i looks really nice (I think it was LSE anyway lol maybe it was UCL).
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Would people please stop mentioning non-campus universities for having the best campus, its a tad annoying.
Eubacterium
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well from my experience UEA has the nicest campus, everything is in close proximity to each other. A small supermarket, nice stationary shop and bar, a post office with good selection of uni wear, several cafes and the food from the canteen wasn't bad, and the library just next door. Manchester had a much larger student union building with more spacious rooms but it's stationary shop sucked, I got food poisoning from the canteen, not a great selection of uni wear and there was no supermarket/postoffice.
blackdragonthegreat
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
london metropolitian has the worst
Freudian
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by ChemistBoy)
Would people please stop mentioning non-campus universities for having the best campus, its a tad annoying.
Well seeing as the subject of this thread was not explicitly elaborated,people may do as they please and name in general Universities that well..look the best.
I am sure you will find that harmless.
pap_
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by joshm)
University of California, Santa Barbara
:ditto:

In England I would say Reading
InvoluntarySlacker
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by chauhanvik)
leeds? i've not been there but ive heard it's got one of the best campuses
You made me want to go there even more :woo:
jabed786
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Manchester

In my opinion it is the ugliest place in England..... it has one nice building at the core but thats it. Its not even a campus anyway.

sorry to offend anyone, i just hate the place.
yeah I agree the entrance/core or whatever u call it looks really nice but the buildings around it dont look to pretty. Eh well still a good uni ^_^
Grapevine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Exeter, Nottingham, Sussex...
Jantaculum
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Reading. Lovely parkland, true campus.

Or what about Wye College?
paperclip
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by River85)
:eek: Fourth oldest in England (most would say).
But england is the world :p:

:clip:
Turdburger
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by arrogant git)
Whereas Cambridge has the best example of an English Gothic building anywhere
Personally I prefer All Souls then i would
smellslikemarmite
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Aberdeen. Oh aye.

King's College at night is astounding.
hobnob
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Freudian)
Well seeing as the subject of this thread was not explicitly elaborated,people may do as they please and name in general Universities that well..look the best.
I am sure you will find that harmless.
"Campus" is fairly straightforward, though, isn't it?
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hobnob)
Clearly not. Bring back the classical education I say...
River85
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by hobnob)
It is Wollsmoth's thread. Goodness knows what he meant :p:
Saskatoon
Report 10 years ago
I'm at Warwick but have never seen any Georgian architecture except that rather dodgy pump room-esque building. Please enlighten me! I would definitely say that it's the nicest campus, though, as I always feel quite 'inspired' by the architecture - especially of the Learning Grid - very futuristic and stylish. I love the ducks and various other thrilling birds, too. Haha :hoppy:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.82%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (223)
40.55%
Nope, not that interesting (218)
39.64%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed