Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    how ashamed the genuine labour and lib dem supporters must be. being represented by this little lot. if i were them i would speak out now, lest we mistake poorly written nonsense, barren of any real political knowledge for actual Conservative criticism. hated they maybe, but Conservative supporters must be smug knowing that the childlike gutter talk is coming from the other side...

cant you at least try????
    ohhhhhhhhhhh here we go again vienna.......you are the miss know it all as usual...the rest of are talking "childlike gutter" ....dont let ur support for the conservatives blind you. if you;re going to argue .....at least do it without acting as if your superior?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    ohhhhhhhhhhh here we go again vienna.......you are the miss know it all as usual...the rest of are talking "childlike gutter" ....dont let ur support for the conservatives blind you. if you;re going to argue .....at least do it without acting as if your superior?!
    just ignore her...everyone knows what shes like....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NikNak)
    just ignore her...everyone knows what shes like....
    it makes me mad how she thinks shes above the rest of us!

ReputationRep:
    Oh shut your mouth you silly girl.
    i, like alot of people here, enjoyed genuine arguments on this forum. that has been withered away by pointless commenting that does nothing but highlight the idiocy of the minority, whose derogatory and personal sniping has lowered the tone.

ReputationRep:
    i, like alot of people here, enjoyed genuine arguments on this forum. that has been withered away by pointless commenting that does nothing but highlight the idiocy of the minority, whose derogatory and personal sniping has lowered the tone.
    omg you are so up your self. lol

ReputationRep:
    big words....for someone who is small and narrow minded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i didnt say the rest..i highlighted the comments. even though bigcnee has opposing views, he always expresses them in a civilised manner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    big words....for someone who is small and narrow minded.
    lol - vienna95 - sorry if im not quite up to your standards but im doing my best lol. You have to remember how inferrior i am to you..please forgive me almighty one lol

ReputationRep:
    i didnt say the rest..i highlighted the comments. even though bigcnee has opposing views, he always expresses them in a civilised manner.
    yes but he doesnt act like hes above everyone else...i would argue in a civilised manner....if you cut out your arrogance

ReputationRep:
    lol
    i rest my case.

ReputationRep:
    i rest my case.
    thank you god....u finally answered my prayers

ReputationRep:
    i rest my case.
    Good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I think the Tories will make gains come the next election and Howard is a more convincing leader than either of the previous two attempts but to be honest I can't see him as the next PM. The Tories will get their chance eventually but realistically they will probably end up waiting for Labour to fall apart rather than making huge strides towards government soon.
    Myself I cant belive you've managed to let Clarke and Portillo get away- the former twice- now thats just carelessness!
    yes i think portillo or clark would def be a better choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lala)
    I think the Tories will make gains come the next election and Howard is a more convincing leader than either of the previous two attempts but to be honest I can't see him as the next PM. The Tories will get their chance eventually but realistically they will probably end up waiting for Labour to fall apart rather than making huge strides towards government soon.
    Myself I cant belive you've managed to let Clarke and Portillo get away- the former twice- now thats just carelessness!
    bearing in mind the swing needed, its a case of Labour losing it, as well as the Conservatives making good gains which i think they will. i think its a shame Portillo is not going to be in the shadow cabinet. the conservative public cant stop them getting away. the MPs decide and if they believe Ken Clarke would be bad for the party, then i respect that decision.

ReputationRep:
    bearing in mind the swing needed, its a case of Labour losing it, as well as the Conservatives making good gains which i think they will. i think its a shame Portillo is not going to be in the shadow cabinet. the conservative public cant stop them getting away. the MPs decide and if they believe Ken Clarke would be bad for the party, then i respect that decision.
    the problem is do the mps know whats best for the party? the grassroots werent too pleased...and i think portillo or clark would have attracted more ordinary voters...ohhh well i dont exactly want to see the tories in gvt!!! just want a stronger opposition for teh sake of democracy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    the problem is do the mps know whats best for the party? the grassroots werent too pleased...and i think portillo or clark would have attracted more ordinary voters...ohhh well i dont exactly want to see the tories in gvt!!! just want a stronger opposition for teh sake of democracy
    yes they do. if what the conservative party stands for, attracts less voters then that is what happens. as a political animal the public has spoken. doing everything to just win an election is important but not the primary objective of holding government in the first place. if the conservatives were to shift entirely as labour have done, would you still despise them? what does Labour offer other than revamped centrist and former Conservative policies? by supporting Labour, its hypocritical to feel so vastly alien to the Conservative party.

ReputationRep:
    yes they do. if what the conservative party stands for, attracts less voters then that is what happens. as a political animal the public has spoken. doing everything to just win an election is important but not the primary objective of holding government in the first place. if the conservatives were to shift entirely as labour have done, would you still despise them? what does Labour offer other than revamped centrist and former Conservative policies? by supporting Labour, its hypocritical to feel so vastly alien to the Conservative party.
    i dont completely support labour i just dont see an alternative. im a pragmatist....but the tories are just a disgrace.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i dont completely support labour i just dont see an alternative. im a pragmatist....but the tories are just a disgrace.
    any reasons why? and dont mention middle class, posh and rich stealing from the poor...

ReputationRep:
    any reasons why? and dont mention middle class, posh and rich stealing from the poor...
    i dont like their policies....and i cant really explain without mentioning the words above. i dont think their solutions...cut taxes, health passports will solve anything...they will just make problems worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tina)
    i dont like their policies....and i cant really explain without mentioning the words above. i dont think their solutions...cut taxes, health passports will solve anything...they will just make problems worse
    do you understand why they believe in cutting taxes?
    why do you believe health passports will make things worse? wont it alleviate the strain on the NHS meaning those who dont wish to pay for free treatment will have a dramatically improved service. they wont need to go private surely?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.