no :flute:
i_<3_you
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by -ch1ck-)
heyy! how are you??

iv had exams so had completely no life for the last month or so... got a week off uni now so just chillin... :yep:
im okaaay, very tired!! iv had exams this entire month aswell!! got one more on thursday and im scared!!!! :sigh: got still another 9 lectures slides to go through for it!! exams suck innit!!

i get a week of next week yaay!
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by i_<3_you)
im okaaay, very tired!! iv had exams this entire month aswell!! got one more on thursday and im scared!!!! :sigh: got still another 9 lectures slides to go through for it!! exams suck innit!!

i get a week of next week yaay!
stop spamming.

troll.
i_<3_you
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
stop spamming.

troll.
w/e

troll?! whats your problem :shifty:
Emmsiewoo
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I have two muslim friends....one who gets pissed most weekends and one who hasnt touched a drop, nor has the desire to!

I think its pretty mixed these days
Amit92
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Malsi101)
It seems like that means you're friends/ Ah if only they knew your real views about them:p:
Lol! They keep no friction between religion and heritage :P... so its all cool
Umad?
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
stop spamming.

troll.
lol your posts are funny, you are a bit of **** sometimes though
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Umad?)
lol your posts are funny, you are a bit of **** sometimes though

I try.
Don.k
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
unfortunatley i know a few.... im a muslim myself, does that mean that smoking cannabis and drinking are similar?
Snookercraze
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Don.k)
unfortunatley i know a few.... im a muslim myself, does that mean that smoking cannabis and drinking are similar?
In effect yes, as they are both intoxicants causing harm to your body.
CCJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm a muslim, and I've never had a drink and inshallah never will but a growing number of muslims, especially in my area, seem to be drinking. Which I believe is down to overly strict parents being in almost an opposite polar environment. What I mean by that is, the parents restrict their kids, telling them not to drink do drugs etc. but when the kids go out they see its happening left, right and centre especially in a binge drinking/partying society therefore concluding its perfectly fine and gives a cause to rebel, to try it.

This is where muslim/british friction originates from; as the muslim parents see that the environment their kids are brought up in doesn't affirm their beliefs, infact it contradicts it, so they try and impose changes in the environment to keep their kids on the straight and narrow. But this is opposed by the non-muslim public; as it plays no part in their beliefs and so theres a clash of cultures - causing levels of segregation/hatred etc which is pretty evident nowadays.

There's no easy way to deal with this- but I believe its due the parents are too strict. Speaking from experience my parents weren't strict at all, they told me what was acceptable and what wasn't, they told me everything I needed to know. They didn't force me to do anything, but I followed from example and I chose to follow Islam coherently. I suppose thats the difference, most muslim drinkers were brought up with overly strict parents, so the choice was never there.
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CCJ)
I'm a muslim, and I've never had a drink and inshallah never will but a growing number of muslims, especially in my area, seem to be drinking. Which I believe is down to overly strict parents being in almost an opposite polar environment. What I mean by that is, the parents restrict their kids, telling them not to drink do drugs etc. but when the kids go out they see its happening left, right and centre especially in a binge drinking/partying society therefore concluding its perfectly fine and gives a cause to rebel, to try it.

This is where muslim/british friction originates from; as the muslim parents see that the environment their kids are brought up in doesn't affirm their beliefs, infact it contradicts it, so they try and impose changes in the environment to keep their kids on the straight and narrow. But this is opposed by the non-muslim public; as it plays no part in their beliefs and so theres a clash of cultures - causing levels of segregation/hatred etc which is pretty evident nowadays.

There's no easy way to deal with this- but I believe its due the parents are too strict. Speaking from experience my parents weren't strict at all, they told me what was acceptable and what wasn't, they told me everything I needed to know. They didn't force me to do anything, but I followed from example and I chose to follow Islam coherently. I suppose thats the difference, most muslim drinkers were brought up with overly strict parents, so the choice was never there.
Just out of curiosty, are you talking about East London? :o:
kamsha
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
nope i don't but like almost everyone on here i know plenty who do
CCJ
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Haha, nope. :p:
Rubix
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rubix)
No one's perfect. It is not for you to judge. You people sound should get off your high horse and let Allah judge on the day of judgement.
Snookercraze
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CCJ)
Haha, nope. :p:
Quote me... makes it easier.

Oh, ok.. its just east London is packed full of Muslims and has a pretty bad reputation, so I thought you were talking about that place. My bad. :o:
Faiza.
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CCJ)
Hmm. For something like this we need statistics really, cos i find that some people tend to do whatever they want when the parents don't care enough to tell them what's right and wrong [in terms of Islam] and then i find that others tend to rebel, when forced to do something.
Don.k
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by CCJ)

unfortnately i beg to differ. i.e. i dont agree many of my friends have sound parents yet they still do wrong things, so personally i think its not really about the parents but about the individual, its what they choose to do.(perhaps influenced by other friends).
ice_dragoness274
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Miyavi)
Interesting topic, actually. A lot of muslims I know don't drink yet do smoke and do sheeshah, which in my opinion is just as bad. I'm sure somewhere in the Qu'ran it states that taking any intoxicants is banned. And banned is banned.. yet still smoking is seen as 'mukrah'(frowned upon) rather than 'haram'(leik, just no ye?).
wow, you're muslim then?!
Or do you just have an insanely good knowlede of Islam? ^_^

I'm muslim, but I've never drunk ever. Don't plan to either

A lot of my muslim mates have done sheeshah, but on principle I guess it's as bad as smoking o_O. Always wanted to try though =)
Don.k
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Snookercraze)
In effect yes, as they are both intoxicants causing harm to your body.
well you see many people in the midlands, feel they are opposites, which is confusing, they think that they are both different things.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1045)
79.05%
Leave (277)
20.95%

Watched Threads