Are women made for careers? Watch

This discussion is closed.
soph41190
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Rave92)
Actually, you are proving my point. It's the joke, here we say "in joke, there is a bit of true" and by bashing man, and calling us BOYS here , you just prove that silly text there. Tell us how old are you? 60? Oh wait... you are 18 years old, you need to have at least more than 30 years to have some experience of life and telling others about it. Enjoy Sex and City and hating man. Being a ***** and buying things, a great model for young girls, but feminists will need to stop telling woman's who actually stays at home, that they are some kind of slaves. Did you ever saw Lion playing with the young ones? Or any other, or you rather see them with mother? What feminists wanna do is to change that, but nature is like that, and you can't say man can replace woman (dad can't replace mother, especially in first years of life). And tell me this, are you a lesbian? As mostly lesbian go to the level of "feminazi".
I can't believe this.

Here is what you are saying: Women are worthless.
So I say 'you are wrong'.
So you post a disgusting article, which proves my point.
So you say I am 'man bashing' therefore proving your point.
YOUR POINT, was 'women bashing'. How can you justify that? I am merely retaliating? How can you justify that in my defending myself, I am thus a feminazi, a dyke and a feminist *****. In your eyes, women are either submissive, as you like them, or independent and free thinking therefore a *****.
How ridiculous.
soph41190
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by zebidee)
There's not any real reason to attack me here...you do realise that your little rant is exactly the reason the lovely troll men on this forum react in the way you have criticized them for?

I used the word 'social' in an attempt to be fair and not be aggressive and accusatory. Well done for setting feminists back another 20 years by being an exact representation of the 'feminazi' image.

Edit: plus, women *are* involved in gender construction as gender is something that is performed, if women did not perform it in a certain way then it would not exist. It may be that patriarchy tries to keep them in a certain gender role mould, but if women actively resisted it then it wouldn't happen. Unfortunately, this doesn't always happen.
So replying in kind, being truthful rather than Politically correct gives me the label of *****? To be honest I am disappointed. If a man is politically incorrect and at best truthful he receives a fanclub. A lass does it, and she is a feminist *****.
soph41190
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Thanks I do agree! We are so often fed the idea that men and women are equal that we see no need for change and seem to actively revolt against it.
That is a problem in itself. I agree with whoever you replied to about books like shopaholics etc.
It effectively says 'well...women now have money (which is great)' so do this and that.
It's still a little instructive. But then again, if this is a lifestyle choice than it's fine. However enforced submissiveness of dictatorial relationships between men and women (often women amongst women) is still a problem. It seems that it is not 'ok' to merely 'be'. That is upsetting, if a woman chooses a home-life then that is wonderful. The fact that she has the liberty to make that 'choice' is fantastic.
My only major problem is the male assignment of these roles 'my science teacher told me this...therefore missus...stay at home'. Or even a career woman looking at a house wife as some sort of failure.
Both bring women down.
cowsgoquack
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
no, they're not made for anything
tom//
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by cowsgoquack)
no, they're not made for anything
this is true

they tend to just get in peoples way
zebidee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by soph41190)
That is a problem in itself. I agree with whoever you replied to about books like shopaholics etc.
It effectively says 'well...women now have money (which is great)' so do this and that.
It's still a little instructive. But then again, if this is a lifestyle choice than it's fine. However enforced submissiveness of dictatorial relationships between men and women (often women amongst women) is still a problem. It seems that it is not 'ok' to merely 'be'. That is upsetting, if a woman chooses a home-life then that is wonderful. The fact that she has the liberty to make that 'choice' is fantastic.
My only major problem is the male assignment of these roles 'my science teacher told me this...therefore missus...stay at home'. Or even a career woman looking at a house wife as some sort of failure.
Both bring women down.
Not entirely sure what you're trying to say here, Soph, sorry
zebidee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
So replying in kind, being truthful rather than Politically correct gives me the label of *****? To be honest I am disappointed. If a man is politically incorrect and at best truthful he receives a fanclub. A lass does it, and she is a feminist *****.
I'm sorry if you though i was calling you a ***** (I didn't use that word, I used the delightful phrase 'feminazi', something I'd never heard of until I started reading this thread!), I was trying to put across the idea that confrontation and aggression is only fuel to the fire of the idiots who act in misogynistic ways. The militant feminist attitude is the very thing that some of the men in this thread have a problem with. The best way to beat it is with reasoned argument that they have no come back to. Replying in kind to them is only letting them win by giving them more airtime to argue back with you (and they're usually just saying the same thing).

And I would call myself a feminist, I'm not against the idea itself, I just believe some methods are counter-productive.
johnbrown
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Hello all, I have been having a think about this issue and I would like to retract some of the things I have said. You have won me around to your way of thinking - I hope you are happy, you have made one little difference in the world.
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't believe this.

Here is what you are saying: Women are worthless.
So I say 'you are wrong'.
So you post a disgusting article, which proves my point.
So you say I am 'man bashing' therefore proving your point.
YOUR POINT, was 'women bashing'. How can you justify that? I am merely retaliating? How can you justify that in my defending myself, I am thus a feminazi, a dyke and a feminist *****. In your eyes, women are either submissive, as you like them, or independent and free thinking therefore a *****.
How ridiculous.

You wanna say I hate woman's? I think that anyone who is hetero, can't hate womens . But it is true that I hate feminism. I respect the feminism which was fighting for woman political vote etc... but what today feminism is doing is that telling to all females that they were stupid in past, that they are better, they are "independent", that they are slaves if they cook for the family, do laundry etc... man and woman are not equal, by body physic to thinking and doing something. Woman's are fighting for some number in parliament. Ok, why not? But let's have the same % of woman's working in mines, car service etc, why just the good paid jobs... and you can't call on your self "you can't hit me I am a woman, but I can you" or "you are not a gentlemen" well neither you are lady, and most of feminism do this, hypocritic never ends does it? The best part of whole this story, is that in recent poll in UK, Canada and some countries, a lot of woman's said they will rather stay at home (cook and take care of children) than go to work (and all of asked are working). I can't find a link, if I find it, I will add it here.

Let's make a conclusion to this post. In my opinion, woman should work if a man doesn't provide enough money for family. And if woman doesn't work, to have a big percent of his money for her own needs. That's just my opinion, and we will see how it will affect later this modern era of "cool feminists".
zebidee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Why should you get to make a conclusion with an OPINION?

I've got a lovely article about what feminists *actually* thinks about mothers right here if any of you have got the inclination to educate yourselves?

http://www.thefword.org.uk/features/...hy_feminists_s
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Nah son.
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I've got a lovely article about what feminists *actually* thinks about mothers right here if any of you have got the inclination to educate yourselves?

Well yeah, but I wanted to make conclusion to this whole feminist topic, like to point there my thinking about this topic if people got me wrong trough my posts .
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

I should educate by one written article. No thanks.
zebidee
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I should educate by one written article. No thanks.
There's a whole lot more articles on that site
chaseside
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Love how you slipped in women are designed to look after men!

Children.... maybe evolutionary theory has a point.

as if we're biologically programmed to look after men?? Especially as the backlash against womens' progression is making most women hate men :rolleyes:
D R E A M Z
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
Throughout history, women didn't do things because guess what....men stopped them. Through physical abuse and mental repression.
You seem to think I was being sexist? Women have achieved less and still do achieve less. As I said this may be due to the discriminative society we live in so well done for pointing out what I've already said.

Production? Starting wars, genocide, killing people? Violence....what...the light bulb? Well done you, have a gold star.
I could say that men have been in politics and look at the mess they've caused. They had one woman, who was fantastic, but rocked the men's boat so now she's a manic lesbo.
Thatcher was the person promoting deregulation which contributed towards our current recession...not saying it's because she's a woman but she promoted a free market (which I support btw).

A woman who is smarter, is called a short haired lesbo yes?I want to ask you if you actually know what a tosser you look like? Or do you elicit tribal mating calls that make you top dog against you and your primitive (no doubt ugly and getting laid once every 10 years or so) type of mates.
No darling, just a controversial joke, deal with it. Don't worry about me getting laid, hot girls are generally insecure attention seeking ****s. Funnily enough, I tend not to have gender debates and speak crudely with girls I'm aiming to shag.

It matters very little to me dear boy. In making the comment you have made, no matter what you may feel or think (though I don't reckon you have a brain to think with, just a lot of bodily hair that makes you feel manly) I automatically know that I will accomplish more in 10 days than you will in 10 lifetimes.

Thank you for this boost to my confidence. Why don't you get back to your larger and discussing your phd in football, that's what your kind do best.
Lol I'll reply to that with a response requiring a similar level of intelligence.

Get the **** back to the kitchen.
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by chaseside)
Love how you slipped in women are designed to look after men!

Children.... maybe evolutionary theory has a point.

as if we're biologically programmed to look after men?? Especially as the backlash against womens' progression is making most women hate men :rolleyes:
Of course, you are our light spot at end of tunnel .
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
There's a whole lot more articles on that site
Yeah, but don't see my self educating on the Internet . I know everything I know about feminism, and don't have anything against it in beginning, but today it became something different. Just my opinion, as that woman has their opinion, and can't generalize thinking of all feminists. The real example for that is this girl "soph41190". She probably got some complex, and thinks she is smarter than any man. She will probably change her opinion after she gets older, at least I hope. The future of mankind is destroying this politic that woman shouldn't born, take care of children etc... I wonder if her mom had the same opinion, would she be here to post and actually discuss about anything .
Rave92
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by D R E A M Z)

Lol I'll reply to that with a response requiring a similar level of intelligence.

Get the **** back to the kitchen.
Actually, that's on a lot higher level of intelligence .
D R E A M Z
Badges: 1
Report 9 years ago
Actually, that's on a lot higher level of intelligence .
Lol, I must say I agree
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (17)
30.91%
No (38)
69.09%

Watched Threads