Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Saddens me that Israel will not be punished for their war crimes. It seems war crimes are only applicable to those nations without the power to overrule them. Fair world, huh?:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CHEM1STRY)
    HA! You really can ******** your way out of anything, can't you?
    Yes

Doesn't change the fact that saying "we blame you for making us kill your kids" expresses regret at killing.

And to bigmo7: There are no soldiers in Gaza - that's the problem. If Hamas wore uniforms and fought in battlefields it would all be much simpler and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

While I don't want in any way to condone the actions taken by these soldiers, it seems to be historically the case that regular armies adopt illegal tactics when fighting illegal forces. The same things (and worse) happened in Vietnam, for example and during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. This is simply because it is not possible to effectively use normal and legal military tactics against a guerilla force that doesn't care about the law.

Again, this doesn't justify it in any way. It merely shows the near inevitability of it and why using force under such conditions is a very bad idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMillionFilaments)
    No, I don't appreciate the sentiment that Israelis do not want to kill Palestinians. At least not after reading that BBC article.
    You did read it, right?
    OK, talking at cross purposes.

I'm referring to the statement made by Golda Meir some thirty or so years ago that was brought up earlier in the discussion.

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't aware that guerrila forces are 'illegal forces'.

ReputationRep:
    uol, you make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths-enthusiast)
    I wasn't aware that guerrila forces are 'illegal forces'.
    I was trying to avoid the term "terrorist" so that people might stick to the content of the argument rather than semantics. Thank you for showing that some people are never capable of that :mad:

(Original post by Bateman)
    uol, you make me sick.
    You're not alone. He has more enemies than he thinks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniOfLife)
    I was trying to avoid the term "terrorist" so that people might stick to the content of the argument rather than semantics. Thank you for showing that some people are never capable of that :mad:
    I also wasn't aware that 'guerrila' forces fighting for their just causes are terrorists.

ReputationRep:
    Yes

Doesn't change the fact that saying "we blame you for making us kill your kids" expresses regret at killing.

And to bigmo7: There are no soldiers in Gaza - that's the problem. If Hamas wore uniforms and fought in battlefields it would all be much simpler and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

While I don't want in any way to condone the actions taken by these soldiers, it seems to be historically the case that regular armies adopt illegal tactics when fighting illegal forces. The same things (and worse) happened in Vietnam, for example and during the Russian occupation of Afghanistan. This is simply because it is not possible to effectively use normal and legal military tactics against a guerilla force that doesn't care about the law.

Again, this doesn't justify it in any way. It merely shows the near inevitability of it and why using force under such conditions is a very bad idea.
    Battlefields?? Their homes are their battlefields! Israel went into Gaza and fought them outside their homes...Israel has the most advanced tech in the world, how they cannot identify Hamas is beyond me. It points more and more towards the fact that they choose not to...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RamocitoMorales)
    You're not alone. He has more enemies than he thinks.
    He is sick, disgusting and most probably a Zionist.

These are the live examples of Zionist domination of anglo-american media, propaganda, government etc. Even a forum such as this is dominated by such persons who are deputed the responsibility of moderation.

ReputationRep:
    You guys are turning this into a generic Israel discussion and then when it gets closed, you get "These are the live examples of Zionist domination of anglo-american media, propaganda, government etc. Even a forum such as this is dominated by such persons who are deputed the responsibility of moderation."..

ReputationRep:
    Terrorists? I think you'll find that they are known as freedom fighters.....only known as terrorists by the west....

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting that if I were to kill a mother and child, I would be an inhumane monster, but for some reason we shrug this kind of killing with a "hmm, war is hell" attitude.

It's no excuse to say it goes on elsewhere, because wherever it's going on it's wrong.

Israel aren't alone in doing bad things in war, but I think what makes it worse is that they seem to honestly think that what they did was fine and moral, maybe because they're fighting Arabs, and maybe because they believe their territory was given to them by God.

I have no anti-Israel agenda, I have no bad feeling towards the Jewish people (Schindler's List is one of my favourite films. Just saying) so my opinions don't come from prejudice, but from what I read on the news. It's also sad that there's a massive anti-semitism gag-process on anyone who says they disagree with Israel's actions... I thought we were past all that "is it coz I is Jewish?" stuff...because frankly, no it's not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigmo7)
    Battlefields?? Their homes are their battlefields! Israel went into Gaza and fought them outside their homes...Israel has the most advanced tech in the world, how they cannot identify Hamas is beyond me. It points more and more towards the fact that they choose not to...
    You are absolutely right IMHO.

The point remains though, what are you or Palestinians or their 'allies' going to do about it?

The anglo amerikan media outlets, governments, decision making think-tanks, and other 'authorities' are dominated by Zionists. The Anglo Amerikans dominate the Western world and most of all 'international' institutions are puppets of the West.

They can issue warrants against Sudan's leader but they remain 'mum' on the issue of anglo amerikan zionist axis of terror for example.

Then again ICC is based in the Netherlands and while prostitution is not only legal but a norm, they also allow paedophile political parties to run for government. It's the norm I presume.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyrannosaurus Cal)
    It's interesting that if I were to kill a mother and child, I would be an inhumane monster, but for some reason we shrug this kind of killing with a "hmm, war is hell" attitude.
    The 'people' that shrug these murders off are Zionists.

It's no excuse to say it goes on elsewhere, because wherever it's going on it's wrong.
    Correct.

Israel aren't alone in doing bad things in war, but I think what makes it worse is that they seem to honestly think that what they did was fine and moral, maybe because they're fighting Arabs, and maybe because they believe their territory was given to them by God.
    Such a tiny failed entity only ever makes the news for its inhumane war crimes and terrorist activities, and it sustains itself on obtaining alms from amerikans (for all fields of activities).

ReputationRep:
    maths enthusiast, don't turn this into a generic Israel thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maths-enthusiast)
    You are absolutely right IMHO.

The point remains though, what are you or Palestinians or their 'allies' going to do about it?

The anglo amerikan media outlets, governments, decision making think-tanks, and other 'authorities' are dominated by Zionists. The Anglo Amerikans dominate the Western world and most of all 'international' institutions are puppets of the West.

They can issue warrants against Sudan's leader but they remain 'mum' on the issue of anglo amerikan zionist axis of terror for example.

Then again ICC is based in the Netherlands and while prostitution is not only legal but a norm, they also allow paedophile political parties to run for government. It's the norm I presume.
    Exactly, there is no way to bring the people who commit these atrocities to justice, but we still try!

This newsclip suprised even me:
    Iran has asked Interpol for help in tracking down 25 senior Israeli officials in relation to the recent Gaza offensive, the international police organization said in a statement on Tuesday.

But in essense anyway of bringing them to justice should be pursued!

ReputationRep:
    ^I totally agree with you bigmo7.

ReputationRep:
    And sometimes occupying powers deliberately commit reprisals against civilians to frighten and subdue them. E.g. the Nazis destroying whole civilian towns in response to guerrilla attacks.

The worst Israel may have done there is intentionally caused mass civilian deaths in order to frighten and subdue the occupied population of Gaza. As the former foreign minister Tzipi Livni said, "they must believe that Israel will go wild" - (by 'going wild' I assume she didn't mean taking all due care to avoid innocent civilians).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyDancingElf)
    And sometimes occupying powers deliberately commit reprisals against civilians to frighten and subdue them. E.g. the Nazis destroying whole civilian towns in response to guerrilla attacks.

The worst Israel may have done there is intentionally caused mass civilian deaths in order to frighten and subdue the occupied population of Gaza. As the former foreign minister Tzipi Livni said, "they must believe that Israel will go wild" - (by 'going wild' I assume she didn't mean taking all due care to avoid innocent civilians).
    And thats not right! So maybe some of the countries neighbouring should "go wild" and kill Israelis to frighten into stopping the killing of Palestinians...hmmmmm?

And look what happened to the Nazis....don't really think its the best way to go considering......

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.