Turn on thread page Beta

whose the greater footballer of all time? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dission)
    It pretty much depends on what criterion you follow to think who is the best player in the world. In that case, we all disagree because we have different views on what qualities the best player in history should have, so it all boils down to that.

Having said that, I don´t think there´s ONE that overshadow the rest, there have been brilliant players, each of them with different styles, in different times, leagues... so there´s not a really objective perception in all this.
    IMO, it should be a mixture of unique talent, entertainment, professionalism, achievements of all kind... etc, and the first name that comes to my mind has to be ZIDANE. He just hits all the buttons for me.

Currently Ronaldo and Messi could potentially be the best player of all time. In terms of age, achievments so far and talent, I think they´ve got the potential to become the greatest or one of the greatest. I can´t ´t really say which one though, both are different but exceptional, it will depend on how injures affect them (Messi´s got a disadvantage in this), the amount of achievements they reach at their clubs, and of course how many WC they win. They definitely need a WC to consider being the best of all time.
    Why?? Teams win trophies not players. There are players who have never won a WC who are better than those who have. i.e John Charles, George Best and Luis Figo are all better than Oddo who won it with Italy. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Maradona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alphanumeric1927)
    Why?? Teams win trophies not players. There are players who have never won a WC who are better than those who have. i.e John Charles, George Best and Luis Figo :
    And that´s precisely why John Charles, George Best and Luis Figo are not considered in the top3 of best footballers in the history.

I think George Best was brilliant, had the skills to become one, but his career wasn´t as good as it could have been, so he lacks things in other aspects.

ReputationRep:
    Zico?

ReputationRep:
    Zidane and I'm not just saying that i truly believe it. Ive watched a hell of a lot of football over the last 16 years and no one compares to Zidane.

Real Ronaldo was the best striker, amazing with both feet, immensely skillful, could dribble, fast, strong, he was the full package, but Zidane was just super special. Smartest footballer ever. He had a massive effect at every team he played for.

I'm kind of shocked a lot of you chose him, most try and be clever and pick a defender from the 50's thinking it shows what an amazing football knowledge they have, when really they've seem them play football for all of 2mins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RYANDENNY)
    Stephen Ireland.

:ditto:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.