Turn on thread page Beta

When will the offer considerations stop and resume during Christmas?

In other words, when do university admissions have their holiday?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    When will the offer considerations stop and resume during Christmas?

In other words, when do university admissions have their holiday?
    I don't know about all unis but Aberdeen have their holiday between 24th december and 5th january

ReputationRep:
    Most unis will remain open and thus available to give offers up to the 23rd. In fact, contrary to popular belief that we won't hear anything until the new year, you may be more likely to hear from Monday to Wednesday as the staff have more time to dedicate to the job

ReputationRep:
    So how long did everyone wait before they started getting offers/rejections?

ReputationRep:
    See:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1061083

It depends a million and one factors, there is no set period of time you'll have to wait.

I got an email from Edinburgh saying I need to register at their "system", is this necessary?

I'm reading through it properly right now.

EDIT: Registered

ReputationRep:
    mines processed but need that welcome letter just tad worried as its christmas in like 6 days and i have a feeling im not going to get it anytime soon...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yapster)
    Does anyone know? I've sent mine off and when I log onto UCAS, this comes up:
    Your application has been sent to UCAS and will be processed shortly. After it has been processed, you will be sent a welcome letter, which will show your application number. You can then log in to track the progress of your application using this number and the same username and password you used to apply.
    so basically i just wondered if anyone knows how long 'shortly' usually takes?
    That means your reference has been sent off and your application is being processed by UCAS.

The next step is to wait for your Track letter which will allow to track your offers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FieldLeftBlank)
    Yep Well, the Newcastle offer is the same but I don't feel like e-mailing them about it since I'm not going anyway. Cardiff's offer says I have to do IELTS, though. They want 6.5 which, according to their website is 90 TOEFL iBT which is soooo far away from my A in CAE. So I e-mailed them about it but no one cared to answer...

I thought Newcastle was your favourite?

I think any other English examination should be fine, too. I'd be really surprised if it wasn't. :eek: IELTS wasn't too hard tbh.
    The condition that tells you to achieve a 6.5 (or whatever they want) is just obligatory anyways. Glasgow gave me that condition, although I already achieved a better grade at IELTS

(Original post by moorw003)
    Most unis will remain open and thus available to give offers up to the 23rd. In fact, contrary to popular belief that we won't hear anything until the new year, you may be more likely to hear from Monday to Wednesday as the staff have more time to dedicate to the job

Thanks, that gives me hope that the Castle admissions will be working next week! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    I sent my ucas off on the 3rd of December and i've got offers from all of them apart from Royal Holloway who have yet to reply. It's making me really nervous, is anyone else applying or heard from Royal Holloway? And how long did it take for them to reply?
    P.S its for English if that matters at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annab1684)
    haha, I don't know, what is it?
    Lampeter aka the smallest uni in the uk. or ???? where?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hiddencat12)
    Lampeter aka the smallest uni in the uk. or ???? where?
    Wales, no? :p:
    I've heard of it but only because it's been mentioned on TSR I think!
    If you like the uni and the course, you should be happy to go there

ReputationRep:
    But it's all self inflicted

I'm tearing my hair out!!! I still haven't heard ANYTHING besides 'acknowledgements' from uni's and I applied in early October!!!

What did I do in a past life to deserve this?

I know this isn't really a replying thread...I was just hoping that sharing in my frustration might reduce it a bit x

ReputationRep:
    Don't stress untill UCAS Closes.

ReputationRep:
    Where you applying and what subject for?

ReputationRep:
    will we have to wait 2 weeks before admissions tutors start looking at applications again now?

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I don't reckon I'll hear anything else until after the break now. Ah well, I've got one offer in the bag

ReputationRep:
    was just curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TigerJack)
    Where you applying and what subject for?
    I applied to Bristol, UCL, St Andrew's, Edinburgh and Cambridge for Nueorscience (Natsci at Camb)
    Im on a gap yr this year, so already have my grades (AAAa)
    All I've had to do so far is an essay for Cambridge, I'm just hoping the process is a bit different because im out of the country? All I know is that my heart is set on St A's, I just wish I would hear so I can stop thinking about this at the back of my mind all the time!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bpennison)
    I applied to Bristol, UCL, St Andrew's, Edinburgh and Cambridge for Nueorscience (Natsci at Camb)
    Im on a gap yr this year, so already have my grades (AAAa)
    All I've had to do so far is an essay for Cambridge, I'm just hoping the process is a bit different because im out of the country? All I know is that my heart is set on St A's, I just wish I would hear so I can stop thinking about this at the back of my mind all the time!!
    St. Andrews your first choice then, over Cambridge as well? Er, my as far as I know, apart from my friend having an interview at Cambridge, my other friends haven't heard anything from your other uni's and I've got quite a few friends who applied to St. Andrews so I wouldn't worry too much. :yep:

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.